• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Me too. And as someone else said, was a major and part of some of our best recent Spurs memories.

I hope he doesn’t flick a sprout at anyone today.

Amen Brother.

Chelsea slayer, Arsenal flick over the keeper away, Palace, Ajax just a small section of my favs. The lad is uber talented and I think people forget he came to us young and excelled from the start, yeh he has hit a lull but which player doesn't, thats why I keep mentioning his age because he is only 24 and achieved so much already. We have gone through a host of highly paid strikers in Soldado, Janssen etc who would have killed for his goals and he is not even a striker, so I think that his end is far from here and TBH odd in the ways people people talk about him.

Amen Brother.

Chelsea slayer, Arsenal flick over the keeper away, Palace, Ajax just a small section of my favs. The lad is uber talented and I think people forget he came to us young and excelled from the start, yeh he has hit a lull but which player doesn't, thats why I keep mentioning his age because he is only 24 and achieved so much already. We have gone through a host of highly paid strikers in Soldado, Janssen etc who would have killed for his goals and he is not even a striker, so I think that his end is far from here and TBH odd in the ways people people talk about him.
The toe flick assist fir Kane against wba. That 20 yarder against Watford. The brace at home v Chelsea were great too.

and you’re right to point out his age. And hopefully he can find a way to fit into Jose’s “system”. Or go and rejoin Poch in Paris.

His age and maybe a lack of maturity would be something that may leave vulnerable to pressure.
It looks like he is going to move on sadly. He does not stand a chance at Spurs now.

His age and maybe a lack of maturity would be something that may leave vulnerable to pressure.
It looks like he is going to move on sadly. He does not stand a chance at Spurs now.

Not sure he will move on to be honest, as for the bolded bit of course he stands a chance IF he starts to do what his manager wants him to do.

Not sure he will move on to be honest, as for the bolded bit of course he stands a chance IF he starts to do what his manager wants him to do.

Incoming

images

That Inter squad in almost every area was more talented and deeper than the current Spurs squad. Those were good days for Inter fans.
Hopefully Mendes has already scoured his Filofax so Mourinho will have another couple of signings lined up for January who’ll instantly lift the team, like Hojbjerg and Regulion did in the summer, whilst finding new homes for some of the deadwood in squad to free up their wages.

Hopefully Mendes has already scoured his Filofax so Mourinho will have another couple of signings lined up for January who’ll instantly lift the team, like Hojbjerg and Regulion did in the summer, whilst finding new homes for some of the deadwood in squad to free up their wages.

It will take more than a couple of seasons for Jose Mourinho to change our mentality. Chelsea needed a change in mentality and a lot of money. Emirates Marketing Project needed a change in mentality and a lot of money. I suspect most forget that this is Jose's first full season with Spurs. My only target for him is a trophy. Top four will be a bonus.

To change Spurs will require further work on our youth system. We are in the process thanks to Levy and his investments. I look forward to when we have serious talents in our youth pool - Skipp and Parrott are good but they are not what is going to take us to the next level. I sincerely hope that this version of Mourinho is the committed type because I sense that if we are not patient with him, we will get the uncommitted one and I wouldn't blame him. Who would want to work in such circumstances?

Funny no matter how Dele Alli's behaviour is, he can't be worse than Balotelli and his side kick (I forget his name, I think Llajic) of those days. Jose often commented that those two had serious talent (The second guy had even more than Mario) but needed to be more professional. Where are they now? Yet Mario was utilised by Jose.

Dele Alli versus Jose Mourinho, I stand with Jose. If we want to be winners and move to the next level, players have to get on board. Football is full of talented players. Players with the right mentality to make Spurs succeed? That is a different ball game.

Dele Alli versus Jose Mourinho, I stand with Jose. If we want to be winners and move to the next level, players have to get on board. Football is full of talented players. Players with the right meteorology to make Spurs succeed? That is a different ball game.
Strange how so few get this! Seems it's not only the players who need to change their mentality, it's also the fans!

It will take more than a couple of seasons for Jose Mourinho to change our meteorology. Chelsea needed a change in meteorology and a lot of money. Emirates Marketing Project needed a change in meteorology and a lot of money. I suspect most forget that this is Jose's first full season with Spurs. My only target for him is a trophy. Top four will be a bonus.

To change Spurs will require further work on our youth system. We are in the process thanks to Levy and his investments. I look forward to when we have serious talents in our youth pool - Skipp and Parrott are good but they are not what is going to take us to the next level. I sincerely hope that this version of Mourinho is the committed type because I sense that if we are not patient with him, we will get the uncommitted one and I wouldn't blame him. Who would want to work in such circumstances?

Funny no matter how Dele Alli's behaviour is, he can't be worse than Balotelli and his side kick (I forget his name, I think Llajic) of those days. Jose often commented that those two had serious talent (The second guy had even more than Mario) but needed to be more professional. Where are they now? Yet Mario was utilised by Jose.

Dele Alli versus Jose Mourinho, I stand with Jose. If we want to be winners and move to the next level, players have to get on board. Football is full of talented players. Players with the right meteorology to make Spurs succeed? That is a different ball game.
Guess that Mourinho could do with a few more generals in the dressing room to make sure those players who don’t tow the line are dealt with.

It will take more than a couple of seasons for Jose Mourinho to change our meteorology. Chelsea needed a change in meteorology and a lot of money. Emirates Marketing Project needed a change in meteorology and a lot of money. I suspect most forget that this is Jose's first full season with Spurs. My only target for him is a trophy. Top four will be a bonus.

Good post especially this bit.

Dele Alli versus Jose Mourinho, I stand with Jose. If we want to be winners and move to the next level, players have to get on board. Football is full of talented players. Players with the right meteorology to make Spurs succeed? That is a different ball game

Or even top drawer additions.

When we hear the Engerlish, our mother tongue providers, frequently add the letter 'R' to Canad-err, how the fcuk do they so often miss the final syllable in 'top draw-er'?

When I watched that flick by Dele against Stoke my instant reaction was oh no! I was already dreading that it would lead to a Stoke attack, just at a time when they were beginning to threaten. We were leading 1-0 and a breakaway goal could easily be our undoing. Once they scored one the game could easily be turned on its head and our easiest route to a trophy could blow up in smoke.

Others have banged on about how well he played against Ludogorets but I recall very clearly during the second half a simiar pattern from Dele that also led to him being hooked. He had played so well first half, similar to against Stoke, but the errors, the flicks and tricks had clearly started to creep back in to his game second half. So my immediate reaction when he lost possession against Stoke the other night was, oh, brick, here we go again! When the fudge will he learn? When Stoke scored I knew it traced back to Dele giving away possession not just cheaply but also gratuitously.

Anyone who has watched All or Nothing will know how Dele's indulgent attempt at a clever flick that did not come off was precisely the sort of thing that would infuriate Mourinho the most. For him it is perhaps the biggest reason why Tottenham never win trophies. Yet here was Dele yet again doing the very thing Jose had yanked him off for not once but several times ove r the previous months.

People bang on and on about others also making mistake so why is he picking on Dele, but there is a big difference between making genuine errors when trying your best and persistent over-extravagant attempts to show off or be too clever when a simple pass is what is called for.

It's what did for David Bentley and now it seems it's what could be the ruin of Dele. Except I still hold on to the belief the sooner or later the penny will eventually drop and we will start to see the brilliant Dele minus the nonsense once again.

If only because he is so much more intelligent than Bentley ever was.
Great post, Spur of the Moment.

@Grays1980 I know you are battling across several threads to say that Dele deserves more game time, but this post above makes sense to me, does it to you?

And @Steff please can you expound on your insider knowledge and let us mere droogs know the vague details of what your inside man has told you?

As if it's about you. I've never heard your speech. But it seems to be a genetic pre-disposition amongst those so-called Persons of Qualerty

Back