• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I think Dele will be snapped up by one of our competitors permanently.

I don’t think we have any competitors at the minute, I can see the attraction to him of going with Poch, but anywhere else would be a step down. I’d be surprised to see him bin his career like that, I think he’ll fight to prove himself here with Jose, and I think he’ll succeed.

I would be very surprised if he was actually substituted simply because he made a mistake and lost possession of the ball. Seems more likely he's not following the instructions he's been given, unlike someone like Moura.

That’s been exactly my point too, it’s possibly an accumulation of things rather than a single event against Stoke.

It all comes down to trust.
Aurier and Lloris made mistakes. Lloris has proven he can be trusted.
Aurier has shown he can respond to being told how to change and is building trust - if Leicester becomes a habit that will gone.
Dele hasn't shown Mourinho he can be trusted despite lots of support and opportunities last season.

He has the opportunity to become a real professional team player - he needs to respond now

It all comes down to trust.
Aurier and Lloris made mistakes. Lloris has proven he can be trusted.
Aurier has shown he can respond to being told how to change and is building trust - if Leicester becomes a habit that will gone.
Dele hasn't shown Mourinho he can be trusted despite lots of support and opportunities last season.

He has the opportunity to become a real professional team player - he needs to respond now

I think you're bang on.

Its a game of reactions and overreactions though

Because of the current news with Alli people will focus on when he loses the ball, but if you think about it, its a ridiculous notion to believe any player does not give the ball away, be it for a flick of ability or wrong choice. But due to whats going on the focus is Alli and the flick, that then went back to keeper and played out for a while so was not really the reason for their goal, but thats over shadowing his very decent first half, should it? I would be waiting a lifetime for anyone on here to show me a player that does not make mistakes, many start every week for Spurs.

Another example of over played focus is on his commercial interests, so what? Could be worse could be a poker or gambling problem, we have a manager who is on utterly cringing Paddy Power adverts, same thing but because the focus is on Alli its blown out of all proportion.

Jack Grealish is 25, Alli 24, Grealish is being touted as a 80m player for having half the impact to his age as Alli and being a very similar player, flick and tricks that dont come off 9 times out of 10. Its not all about stats but Alli has played twice the games but have 3 times the goals and assist and is a year younger. The issue is and here is the crux, where with a Grealish you will watch him and look for the good and ignore the bad, with Alli people ignore the good and focus solely on the bad, Yesterday is a classic example. He was excellent first half but that seems by the by because of a flick, come off it

The only difference between Alli and others that make mistakes, they get the minutes to atone for it

Because of the current news with Alli people will focus on when he loses the ball, but if you think about it, its a ridiculous notion to believe any player does not give the ball away, be it for a flick of ability or wrong choice. But due to whats going on the focus is Alli and the flick, that then went back to keeper and played out for a while so was not really the reason for their goal, but thats over shadowing his very decent first half, should it? I would be waiting a lifetime for anyone on here to show me a player that does not make mistakes, many start every week for Spurs.

Another example of over played focus is on his commercial interests, so what? Could be worse could be a poker or gambling problem, we have a manager who is on utterly cringing Paddy Power adverts, same thing but because the focus is on Alli its blown out of all proportion.

Jack Grealish is 25, Alli 24, Grealish is being touted as a 80m player for having half the impact to his age as Alli and being a very similar player, flick and tricks that dont come off 9 times out of 10. Its not all about stats but Alli has played twice the games but have 3 times the goals and assist and is a year younger. The issue is and here is the crux, where with a Grealish you will watch him and look for the good and ignore the bad, with Alli people ignore the good and focus solely on the bad, Yesterday is a classic example. He was excellent first half but that seems by the by because of a flick, come off it

The only difference between Alli and others that make mistakes, they get the minutes to atone for it
When I watched that flick by Dele against Stoke my instant reaction was oh no! I was already dreading that it would lead to a Stoke attack, just at a time when they were beginning to threaten. We were leading 1-0 and a breakaway goal could easily be our undoing. Once they scored one the game could easily be turned on its head and our easiest route to a trophy could blow up in smoke.

Others have banged on about how well he played against Ludogorets but I recall very clearly during the second half a simiar pattern from Dele that also led to him being hooked. He had played so well first half, similar to against Stoke, but the errors, the flicks and tricks had clearly started to creep back in to his game second half. So my immediate reaction when he lost possession against Stoke the other night was, oh, brick, here we go again! When the fudge will he learn? When Stoke scored I knew it traced back to Dele giving away possession not just cheaply but also gratuitously.

Anyone who has watched All or Nothing will know how Dele's indulgent attempt at a clever flick that did not come off was precisely the sort of thing that would infuriate Mourinho the most. For him it is perhaps the biggest reason why Tottenham never win trophies. Yet here was Dele yet again doing the very thing Jose had yanked him off for not once but several times ove r the previous months.

People bang on and on about others also making mistake so why is he picking on Dele, but there is a big difference between making genuine errors when trying your best and persistent over-extravagant attempts to show off or be too clever when a simple pass is what is called for.

It's what did for David Bentley and now it seems it's what could be the ruin of Dele. Except I still hold on to the belief the sooner or later the penny will eventually drop and we will start to see the brilliant Dele minus the nonsense once again.

If only because he is so much more intelligent than Bentley ever was.

Is Dele really being targeted? His underperformance was obvious in the last days of the former manager who did not call him out. The team is now performing and Dele has been given chances but has failed to to convince that he deserves a part. Others like ndomb, sissoko, autrier have worked hard and kicked on. Dier and winks are trying too.

But Dele? He stands out for not adapting and if he insists on playing the way he wants then he is demonstrating his lack of team ethic and is forcing the issue alone. Might look like JM is singling him out, but Dele is forcing his hand and has to be accountable.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Is Dele really being targeted? His underperformance was obvious in the last days of the former manager who did not call him out. The team is now performing and Dele has been given chances but has failed to to convince that he deserves a part. Others like ndomb, sissoko, autrier have worked hard and kicked on. Dier and winks are trying too.

But Dele? He stands out for not adapting and if he insists on playing the way he wants then he is demonstrating his lack of team ethic and is forcing the issue alone. Might look like JM is singling him out, but Dele is forcing his hand and has to be accountable.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Playing the way he wants? That's an exaggeration in the extreme, first half he put in the hard yards and ran the channels, put himself about and showed that bite he has missed. Like I said, one mistake and people make over blown judgement calls in my opinion.

Interesting you mention Nbombele, He has been given a year and half just to get fit, so its give and take in the game, Jose may want exactly what he wants but rarely based on history you are going to get that, so maybe Jose might need o make concessions although I doubt he will. Jose is equally accountable to get the best out his side, its why he is paid so much and proclaimed special

Grealish is a playmaker and Dele is not. Directly comparing their goal scoring stats is rather disengenous. Grealish is more directly comparable to Eriksen than Dele and hence the expectations from him are different than those for Dele.

Grealish is a playmaker and Dele is not. Directly comparing their goal scoring stats is rather disengenous. Grealish is more directly comparable to Eriksen than Dele and hence the expectations from him are different than those for Dele.

And Alli creates more? Even more credit then

And Alli creates more? Even more credit then
Dele doesn't actually create more. Stats for last season and it's not even close for creating chances, I looked through all of Dele's seasons and the best season he had was still 30 odd created chances less than Grealish despite playing with far better talent and forwards.

Likewise the key passes stat aren't even close. As I say Grealish is more comparable to Eriksen than Dele, who is a goal scorer and final piece player not an nstigator and creator.

Dele doesn't actually create more. Stats for last season and it's not even close for creating chances, I looked through all of Dele's seasons and the best season he had was still 30 odd created chances less than Grealish despite playing with far better talent and forwards.

Likewise the key passes stat aren't even close. As I say Grealish is more comparable to Eriksen than Dele, who is a goal scorer and final piece player not an nstigator and creator.

33 assists in 150 games compared to 12 in 80 shows he does create.

But we can go round in circles all day long.

Alli is a fine player, there isnt really any doubt TBH

33 assists in 150 games compared to 12 in 80 shows he does create.

But we can go round in circles all day long.

Alli is a fine player, there isnt really any doubt TBH
Assists do not prove a player maker. Look at the key passes stat which is a far better indicator of creativity rather than assists which just measures who made the last pass before the goal. Look at the chances created stat, again Dele isn't close to Grealish.

That's not a slight on Dele, they are different types of players with different roles and purposes within a side.

You could happily play them in the same side but they are not directly comparable or like for like players.

Assists do not prove a player maker. Look at the key passes stat which is a far better indicator of creativity rather than assists which just measures who made the last pass before the goal. Look at the chances created stat, again Dele isn't close to Grealish.

That's not a slight on Dele, they are different types of players with different roles and purposes within a side.

You could happily play them in the same side but they are not directly comparable or like for like players.

The point was that players like Grealish you forgive the mistakes for what he brings because the focus on Grealish at the minute is positive, I bet people will watch 90 mins of him and comment on the good stuff and not the mistakes, I doubt the same would be said about Alli, I think thats proven from in the week where he had a good game and that seems to be overlooked other than the MOTM poll which looking on twitter is fueled by people motivated on giving Alli abit of a break from the negative rhetoric he seems to be suffering.

Back