• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I don’t think he’s anything other than a second half sub for whoever needs the break out of Moura, Bale, Bergwijn or Lamela. Son even if he’s looking tired, which if he has to feature in Europa games, is sometimes the case. One of the top three positions basically, not CM. We know Alli works with Kane and maybe as games are more stretched he will make better use of the space.

I genuinely don’t think that any Spurs fan wouldn’t want dele to start...
To some extent I agree.
But if we bought Mbappe and Neymar then Son and Bale wouldn't start.

So it is absolutely brilliant news for Spurs fans if we have players so good, Dele doesn't start. Likewise Bale or Son or anyone else.

If this calibre of players can't get a game, that is a sign we are truly progressing.

To some extent I agree.
But if we bought Mbappe and Neymar then Son and Bale wouldn't start.

So it is absolutely brilliant news for Spurs fans if we have players so good, Dele doesn't start. Likewise Bale or Son or anyone else.

If this calibre of players can't get a game, that is a sign we are truly progressing.
Neymar wouldn’t get on over son IMO
Mbappe would play though
It yeah I agree with your logic
Hence my question earlier... dele comes in for who?
Right now, no one

If he is he is hasn’t shown it
People really need to watch his play again and see as right footers are less obviously one footed
Lo Celso is one footed but will switch play and use his right peg
Lamela is a crab who who can only use his left foot. He is zoolander
He has scored 10 of his PL goals with his weaker foot, that is 26% of his non headed goals, the same ratio as De Bruyne and better than Aguero, Martial, Zaha, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Salah and Rashford.

He has scored 10 of his PL goals with his weaker foot, that is 26% of his non headed goals, the same ratio as De Bruyne and better than Aguero, Martial, Zaha, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Salad and Rashford.
I’d love to see a montage then
He won’t pass with his left foot, so I assume these are probably some goals in the 6 yard box taken first touch

Interestingly enough, as he was coming through at MK Dons it was thought that Dele would become a Steve Gerrard type number 8 player. I think he also initially played in the holding role when first in the MK Dons first team.

He needs to take more care of the ball to play either of those roles I think.

Interestingly enough, as he was coming through at MK Dons it was thought that Dele would become a Steve Gerrard type number 8 player. I think he also initially played in the holding role when first in the MK Dons first team.

When I saw him play at MK he was more of an 8, but not doing the holding role. He was known for scoring from midfield and scored some screamers

And on debut, he looked comfortable at CM especially for his age and I was thinking he would become more of a Gerrard than the type of player he became under Poch.

In my view, Dele needs to play in an advanced role off a big CF . It was no surprise to me that he struggled last season as soon as Kane was missing. He looked to me like a player who didn't know what his role was. Similarly, his best recent performance was when paired with Vini.

However, we don't usually play that way under Mourinho. Regretfully, therefore I can't really see a place for him in the squad and would cash in if we get a big bid from abroad in January. I think he is really talented but his skill set doesn't suit our current way of playing.

In my view, Dele needs to play in an advanced role off a big CF . It was no surprise to me that he struggled last season as soon as Kane was missing. He looked to me like a player who didn't know what his role was. Similarly, his best recent performance was when paired with Vini.

However, we don't usually play that way under Mourinho. Regretfully, therefore I can't really see a place for him in the squad and would cash in if we get a big bid from abroad in January. I think he is really talented but his skill set doesn't suit our current way of playing.
I've always said Deles best position is quite niche. It's as you say, around a big man playing off the cuff and on instinct. Yes he's played CM, often to his credit, when we've needed helping out in those areas. But he has never shown enough, and that is probably because he lacks the all round game, to be a first XI pick in that area.

So it does leave him (and Jose) in a bit of a predicament. He really does appear way off the first team squad let alone the first XI, and if what I'm saying is correct, his best position might not even exist in a 433 only a 4231, and imo Jose would prefer a 433 ala the robben duff drogba days.

I've always said Deles best position is quite niche. It's as you say, around a big man playing off the cuff and on instinct. Yes he's played CM, often to his credit, when we've needed helping out in those areas. But he has never shown enough, and that is probably because he lacks the all round game, to be a first XI pick in that area.

So it does leave him (and Jose) in a bit of a predicament. He really does appear way off the first team squad let alone the first XI, and if what I'm saying is correct, his best position might not even exist in a 433 only a 4231, and imo Jose would prefer a 433 ala the robben duff drogba days.

If he couldn't start today, think it says a lot about what we think about his suitability to our system.

If he couldn't start today, think it says a lot about what we think about his suitability to our system.
Agreed. He couldn’t have done much more in his last appearance and as much as I’m looking forward to seeing the trinity together it feels a little risky to use all three of them in this game.

Doesn't look good for Dele right now but Jose has previously shut other players out then eventually brought them back, eg Ndombele, so not sure we need read TOO much into it.

Doesn't look good for Dele right now but Jose has previously shut other players out then eventually brought them back, eg Ndombele, so not sure we need read TOO much into it.

To me the difference was that Ndombele was absurdly unfit. Whereas Alli’s fitness seems fine. I’d be tinkled off if I was Dele today - fine to have him competing for gametime on merit rather than getting in the team on status alone, but on that basis he deserved to start today, or at least get more than 10 mins. For whatever reason he seems to be getting far less opportunities than everyone else, despite his performances being no worse (IMO) than the likes of Moura, Bale, Lo Celso and Bergwijn.

Back