• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I think the major issue with Dele, is that he loses the ball a lot. Mourinho HATES that. He probably asked Dele not to lose it... then he probably told Dele not to lose it... then he probably threatened Dele and told him if he loses it he is out... and he still lost it so he is out... so Dele needs to work on himself to get back in. That is good management.

I think the major issue with Dele, is that he loses the ball a lot. Mourinho HATES that. He probably asked Dele not to lose it... then he probably told Dele not to lose it... then he probably threatened Dele and told him if he loses it he is out... and he still lost it so he is out... so Dele needs to work on himself to get back in. That is good management.
Probably good management.

I don’t think he done as much as he would like us to believe!
A manager can only do so much. Create the right environment and then it's up to the players. Several players have responded really well. Now it's up to Alli to do the same.

Based on the Instagram post from Alli he intends to do just that. I don't understand why a period out of the team is such a bad thing when a player isn't playing particularly well and the team is doing quite well without him.

I think we have won points against three basement teams and struggled doing it.

Let’s hope we fare as well points wise in the coming weeks! Fingers crossed
Yep
I mean chelsea did really well at West Brom... I watched that game and they were lucky in the end to get a point
Every team is different every game this session because of the circumstances were all dealing with
And again as I’ve said we really didn’t struggle . We controlled the games and limited teams to very little chances against whilst creating and scoring winning goals our end. That used to be deemed to be the stuff of champions but now it’s now????
I remember the champions last season losing to a team that’s now in the championship

Yep
I mean chelsea did really well at West Brom... I watched that game and they were lucky in the end to get a point
Every team is different every game this session because of the circumstances were all dealing with
And again as I’ve said we really didn’t struggle . We controlled the games and limited teams to very little chances against whilst creating and scoring winning goals our end. That used to be deemed to be the stuff of champions but now it’s now????
I remember the champions last season losing to a team that’s now in the championship
I think what some are saying is our performances aren't that good.

And although we've won those games, it's not much of a leap to see some of them ending in draws (which lets face it would be as sh.it as losing). I don't think collectively we look much better than the other team most weeks. And we have some top class individuals to help with that.

The reason he is not playing is because he has not been consistently good for atleast 2 years. I called for him to be sold 2 years ago because he was frustrating to watch due to his unnecessary flicks and tricks and losing the ball all of the time and i got told he was just a young player trying to express himself and we should be encouraging it.

If he wants to express himself go and do it at Southampton or Palace. Where we want to be we do not need players giving the ball away trying to do tricks, this is the premier league not under 10’s football. Would Pep put up with that brick at City?

Unless he starts doing the basics right and matures he has no future in this team.

I think we have won points against three basement teams and struggled doing it.

Let’s hope we fare as well points wise in the coming weeks! Fingers crossed
It’s not like we’ve ever failed to get 3 points against those teams is it?? 2 of those results were away from home, we had Europa games in between and we are still bedding in a lot of new players.
It’s fair for you to predict the methods will not sustain results but until it does it feels like you aren’t giving Mourinho a clean slate. We all loved Poch but we were struggling away from home and barely averaging a point per game at the end.

I think what some are saying is our performances aren't that good.

And although we've won those games, it's not much of a leap to see some of them ending in draws (which lets face it would be as sh.it as losing). I don't think collectively we look much better than the other team most weeks. And we have some top class individuals to help with that.
I’d say it’s a leap for them to be draws when you consider the lack of chances the other sides had. And we obviously had them scored the goals
I’ve heard people say it’s only because we have players like Kane... yep that’s why we’re second as we have o better players than the teams we faced

It’s not like we’ve ever failed to get 3 points against those teams is it?? 2 of those results were away from home, we had Europa games in between and we are still bedding in a lot of new players.
It’s fair for you to predict the methods will not sustain results but until it does it feels like you aren’t giving Mourinho a clean slate. We all loved Poch but we were struggling away from home and barely averaging a point per game at the end.

I really don't care whos at the helm. I'm not a fanboy of any of our managers. Poch was dreadful at times and good at others same goes for Mourinho. Performances are what's key for me then of course results. I like watching good football. If I have to choose between our West Ham draw display and our win at WBA, Ill take a fluky goal for a draw from Spam all day long. I like football, prefer to look forward to and enjoy my team's performance.

I really don't care whos at the helm. I'm not a fanboy of any of our managers. Poch was dreadful at times and good at others same goes for Mourinho. Performances are what's key for me then of course results. I like watching good football. If I have to choose between our West Ham draw display and our win at WBA, Ill take a fluky goal for a draw from Spam all day long. I like football, prefer to look forward to and enjoy my team's performance.

Is there any period of watching Spurs that you were 85% contented?
Also, how did you react to the West Ham game at the time?

I’d say it’s a huge leap for them to be draws when you consider the lack of chances the other sides had. And we obviously had them scored the goals
I’ve heard people say it’s only because we have players like Kane... yep that’s why we’re second as we have o better players than the teams we faced
The other team doesn't have to score for it to be a draw.:rolleyes:

Any team that can line up with Kane Son (Bale) you would like to think would be a massive attacking threat. Let them 3 names sink in.

I get we are trying to defend solidly, and we are limiting chances, but against whom? We will be playing against teams who have similar players to us shortly. ie that can get them over the line. Hopefully their defences will be suspect enough to give us joy in a more open game.

The other team doesn't have to score for it to be a draw.:rolleyes:

Any team that can line up with Kane Son (Bale) you would like to think would be a massive attacking threat. Let them 3 names sink in.

I get we are trying to defend solidly, and we are limiting chances, but against whom? We will be playing against teams who have similar players to us shortly. ie that can get them over the line. Hopefully their defences will be suspect enough to give us joy in a more open game.

Against whom? The team were playing, as in some teams that beat us last year for example or a team that we always struggle against away from home and have a habit of drawing against even when we were flying ..

why do some fans expect us to batter the teams that sit lower in the table every game. Its kinda arrogant and it’s exactly what doesn’t happen in this league. Anyone can beat anyone as we have seen frequently like when Watford beat Liverpool last season or when villa battered them the other week

Fair enough, ultimately the managers job and performance will be judged by the results though so you may be swimming against the tide a little. Also the players have to take some responsibility, a couple have had indifferent attacking performances which has nothing to do with any game plan.
Don’t get me wrong I abhorred the football under AVB but if it’s successful my tolerance is a lot higher, as I take more pleasure from the points than the performance as I want us to be successful.

Against whom? The team were playing, as in some teams that beat us last year for example or a team that we always struggle against away from home and have a habit of drawing against even when we were flying ..

why do I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you expect us to batter the teams that sit lower in the table every game. Its kinda arrogant and it’s exactly what doesn’t happen in this league. Anyone can beat anyone as we have seen frequently like when Watford beat Liverpool last season or when villa battered them the other week
Conversely some of the opportunities to win big may come against bigger teams who may over commit to going behind, take more risks in possession and play a high line.

Is there any period of watching Spurs that you were 85% contented?
Also, how did you react to the West Ham game at the time?

West Ham game reaction, bugger, gobsmacked etc! But its also why "I" watch and love football. It's Yin and Yang.

85% cant remember.

Mourinho fantastic work with Inter was one of the pinnacles of management of any manger for me. But his behaviour at Real was vile.
"Jose has a very dark side" our/my old accountant once said.

Fair enough, ultimately the managers job and performance will be judged by the results though so you may be swimming against the tide a little. Also the players have to take some responsibility, a couple have had indifferent attacking performances which has nothing to do with any game plan.
Don’t get me wrong I abhorred the football under AVB but if it’s successful my tolerance is a lot higher, as I take more pleasure from the points than the performance as I want us to be successful.

Its good we all are not same. My favourite teams to watch in recent times are the likes of Seville, Wolves and funnily Brighton and more worryingly Leicester.

Its good we all are not same. My favourite teams to watch in recent times are the likes of Seville, Wolves and funnily Brighton and more worryingly Leicester.
So two counter attacking teams
One that has now completely change the style this season (Seville) in a hope of winning the league
And Brighton who play great football but have no end product
There’s a mix there

Back