• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

One positive for Dele is what has happened with NDombele. Obviously their starting points are different, but where they are - out of favour and out of form - is similar. Hopefully Dele can look at this as an encouraging sign. This moment is a real test of his mental strength. It's one thing to have worked as hard as he did to rise to such a high level, it's another to regain that. Hopefully he has the support structure at the cub and at home to help him help us.

The avatar is meant to be ironic because of the countless times I have shown myself to be a true genius of epic proportions.

With regards Dele if you disagree strongly with the possibility he was being malicious, then you are by definition labelling him an incredibly thick individual!

Dele has showed that he is a top player, BUT he was poor again last night and is struggling to fit into our team at this time.

The avatar is meant to be ironic because of the countless times I have shown myself to be a true genius of epic proportions.

With regards Dele if you disagree strongly with the possibility he was being malicious, then you are by definition labelling him an incredibly thick individual!
To be honest I barely remember the incident but there were several other decisions that spring to my mind as poor during the game.
I just think labelling someone a macaron for choosing the wrong option in the most pressured part of the football pitch is extreme, let alone suggesting they made the decision with negative intent. Otherwise you’d be extending that to Moura, Lamela and Bergwijn on a regular basis for starters. Was it an accident that he sent Vincius through for arguably the best chance of the game? Was Vinicius a macaron for trying to stop and shift the ball onto his left when the defender was that side of him? Or was Davies was showing the club he doesn’t want to play centre back and is angry Reguillon is now first choice left back by opting to gift the opposition their goal?
Dele isn’t at the top of game and is struggling to adjust to a different role but he was no worse than any other player first or second half yesterday. I also think someone with his record for us deserves more respect than being labelled either a macaron or willingly wanting the team to lose.

To be honest I barely remember the incident but there were several other decisions that spring to my mind as poor during the game.
I just think labelling someone a macaron for choosing the wrong option in the most pressured part of the football pitch is extreme, let alone suggesting they made the decision with negative intent. Otherwise you’d be extending that to Moura, Lamela and Bergwijn on a regular basis for starters. Was it an accident that he sent Vincius through for arguably the best chance of the game? Was Vinicius a macaron for trying to stop and shift the ball onto his left when the defender was that side of him? Or was Davies was showing the club he doesn’t want to play centre back and is angry Reguillon is now first choice left back by opting to gift the opposition their goal?
Dele isn’t at the top of game and is struggling to adjust to a different role but he was no worse than any other player first or second half yesterday. I also think someone with his record for us deserves more respect than being labelled either a macaron or willingly wanting the team to lose.

You are right I cannot imagine he’d do it with malicious intent but I stand by my assertion that in that instance he absolutely was not only a macaron but an epic macaron. No excuse for what he did in that instance.

But yes others did similar things. Davies absolutely also is an epic macaron for what he did.

Vinicius should have either shot or better still squared it to the unmarked Bale for a tap in. I wouldn’t say that he was a macaron in that incident, probably bafoon is a more apt description.

Dele has showed that he is a top player, BUT he was poor again last night and is struggling to fit into our team at this time.

Again I think it is a pressure situation he needs to deal with. He was deployed as the principle creator/link man last night yet without Kane or Son, he was left with players he does not regularly play with. Much of Dele's play revolves around synergy and quick touches, knowing the patterns and runs of our Sons and Kanes. He just doesn't yet know Bale/Bergwijn well enough. Had he made the right decision and fed Bale in for the 1 on 1 early doors, I think it would've been very different. Fine margins. Hope he finds his way through this...

Again mate, I really think it is instinctual versus malicious or even thick. In many ways he is a street player/cage player, and much of his work is instinctual/built on instinct and knowing the runs of others.

I wonder if Mourinho's way of coaching is an issue with his style? Generally Mourinho likes his front players to do it themselves. He relies on the Kane/Son partnerships, and Dele also needs that consistent synergy to fire properly. Right now he is often playing in sides where he has little familiarity, plus he was very reliant on Eriksen to quickly find him.
FWIW I screamed at the telly too when he missed that easiest of passes and went to his right instead. Maybe I am guilty of giving him an excuse he does not deserve? Not sure.

Again mate, I really think it is instinctual versus malicious or even thick. In many ways he is a street player/cage player, and much of his work is instinctual/built on instinct and knowing the runs of others.

I wonder if Mourinho's way of coaching is an issue with his style? Generally Mourinho likes his front players to do it themselves. He relies on the Kane/Son partnerships, and Dele also needs that consistent synergy to fire properly. Right now he is often playing in sides where he has little familiarity, plus he was very reliant on Eriksen to quickly find him.
FWIW I screamed at the telly too when he missed that easiest of passes and went to his right instead. Maybe I am guilty of giving him an excuse he does not deserve? Not sure.

I wonder if Mourinho's way of coaching is an issue with his style? Generally Mourinho likes his front players to do it themselves.

Someone who played for him before said this, he likes 6 defenders aka back 4 and two def mids and the front lot just plough their own way forward with pace. Always liked the Duffs and Robbens etc. Moura gets loads of time which shows for me he stil likes it.

We played a front three with Kane supported with Eriksen on left and Dele on right so you could play Dele in the Moura role but he is like you say more about other things, he is not gonna get his head down and try and beat someone, not that Moura does that well in my opinion.

TBH in general Alli gets it in the ear because I honestly thing people are looking at him in a stereo-typically way because of things like his bake bean comments and his like for fortnite, I see him get pelters for being a prima donna etc but its not really justified, he is not like Grealish etc who got caught drink drive partying during lockdown and alot of his charity stuff gets overlooked, I just think its easy and lazy to say good looking 24 year old lad is a problem when there is no real proof to back it up.

Jose has to take some blame in this, the half time hooks and public shaming isnt really working and its not really a good look either TBH, the lad might just be having a hard time to find his identity in the new regime.

Poch would cut him a lot more slack than Mourinho. Dele rewarded him with assists and some outstanding goals. Not sure Mourinho will put up with all the passes that don't come off, plus without Eriksen dancing around him, Dele misses a foil to play off.

Someone who played for him before said this, he likes 6 defenders aka back 4 and two def mids and the front lot just plough their own way forward with pace. Always liked the Duffs and Robbens etc. Moura gets loads of time which shows for me he stil likes it.

We played a front three with Kane supported with Eriksen on left and Dele on right so you could play Dele in the Moura role but he is like you say more about other things, he is not gonna get his head down and try and beat someone, not that Moura does that well in my opinion.

TBH in general Alli gets it in the ear because I honestly thing people are looking at him in a stereo-typically way because of things like his bake bean comments and his like for fortnite, I see him get pelters for being a prima donna etc but its not really justified, he is not like Grealish etc who got caught drink drive partying during lockdown and alot of his charity stuff gets overlooked, I just think its easy and lazy to say good looking 24 year old lad is a problem when there is no real proof to back it up.

Jose has to take some blame in this, the half time hooks and public shaming isnt really working and its not really a good look either TBH, the lad might just be having a hard time to find his identity in the new regime.
But do you leave him on if you think he isn’t performing?
I’ve seen worse players stay on which stumped me, but Jose clearly didn’t agree .

But do you leave him on if you think he isn’t performing?
I’ve seen worse players stay on which stumped me, but Jose clearly didn’t agree .

I dont drag him off at HT for sure and I dont do it twice in a short number of games.

Jose gets things wrong at time, he is not bullet proof in that respect regardless what he has won.

We threw up two dreadful performances in a row and Dele has played only 45 mins so whatever was wrong was not Dele and if we throw up a donk of a performance this weekend he might have to find another spacegoat

I dont drag him off at HT for sure and I dont do it twice in a short number of games.

Jose gets things wrong at time, he is not bullet proof in that respect regardless what he has won.

We threw up two dreadful performances in a row and Dele has played only 45 mins so whatever was wrong was not Dele and if we throw up a donk of a performance this weekend he might have to find another spacegoat
Has he actually made him the spacegoat or just not been happy with the performances and changed things up? I haven't seen him directly mention Dele so I wonder if you're filling the gaps...

Has he actually made him the spacegoat or just not been happy with the performances and changed things up? I haven't seen him directly mention Dele so I wonder if you're filling the gaps...

Basing on the two halftime hooks and the Dele is lazy and Deles brother comments last year

Jose thinking he isn't playing to a high enough standard isn't quite the same as making him the spacegoat.

Ok I will call it utterly shoddy treatment of someone then, Dele has lost form, he does not deserve the comments in public and the hooks at half time. Thats just how I see it.

Interestingly Deles game time is alot less than others who have been involved in out turgid performances this season

Might be just my memory playing a trick on me, but I thought he struggled for form well before Mourinho came in. So did the rest of the team, but others have been able to raise their performances. Other then the good period early on under Mourinho Alli hasn't.

IIRC part of the early narrative under Mourinho was that he had helped Alli get back to his best. It didn't last, but him not performing well preceded Mourinho.

If you don't perform you don't get to play much, you get subbed early. This is life.

What are the instances of public shaming?

Poch would cut him a lot more slack than Mourinho. Dele rewarded him with assists and some outstanding goals. Not sure Mourinho will put up with all the passes that don't come off, plus without Eriksen dancing around him, Dele misses a foil to play off.

Dele also "rewarded" Poch with at the very least getting a reputation for not training well. That's something I'm don't think Mourinho will put up with, and something I'm still surprised Pochettino put up with.

I think it's clear he misses Eriksen. I also think his role has changed somewhat. Right now I don't think it's worth changing the team to fit in Alli, cause others are performing really well. So it's up to him to prove himself.

Back