• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Dele is far and away one of the most talented players we have!
To move him on/out now would be stupid and short sighted.
We have better suited players for the positions and system we play now. Dele has talents but they are fairly narrow in nature so it's difficult to see him gaining a permanent place once again and it should be that way. He doesn't quite do enough if he isn't scoring to be a guaranteed starter as he was under Poch.

I think that he needs to decide what position he wants to play (a bit like Dier has). The number ten position that established him isn't there anymore. I think that he needs to decide whether he wants to be an inside forward or a central midfielder. The switch won't be easy but it his best chance of getting back in the team or getting a move to another decent side.

I can't dance with that at all, difficult decision for Jose coming up i think.

I think that he needs to decide what position he wants to play (a bit like Dier has). The number ten position that established him isn't there anymore. I think that he needs to decide whether he wants to be an inside forward or a central midfielder. The switch won't be easy but it his best chance of getting back in the team or getting a move to another decent side.
CM is probably better for with us, he doesn't quite have the pace or dribbling ability to play as an inside forward Vs our other options there. The downside of course to him playing as a CM is you lose what makes him special (his late runs and goal scoring) plus I don't think he's an especially good CM tbh. He's pretty average without the goal scoring.

I struggle to see where he goes from here with us in the long term but that isn't to say he can't retool, rethink and adapt.

CM is probably better for with us, he doesn't quite have the pace or dribbling ability to play as an inside forward Vs our other options there. The downside of course to him playing as a CM is you lose what makes him special (his late runs and goal scoring) plus I don't think he's an especially good CM tbh. He's pretty average without the goal scoring.

I struggle to see where he goes from here with us in the long term but that isn't to say he can't retool, rethink and adapt.

I could see him as an inside forward playing tight. I think that his best attribute is close control when close to defenders. He's very good at that.

I think that he could develop into a central midfielder who makes late runs into the box but I don't think that he's great with space in front of him.

He's young and could adapt. The alternative is dropping down a level and joining a club that will set up around him.

The smart move for Mourinho would be to explain this and say that he will support him whilst learning/adapting to a new position.

We can give him minutes in Europe and the cups and then look to give him minutes in the first team as he settles into the new role.

that would be the best way i agree, one thing for sure the fact that we are discussing this shows that we have improved our team over the last few months.

that would be the best way i agree, one thing for sure the fact that we are discussing this shows that we have improved our team over the last few months.

I think that he'd be getting more minutes if we were playing 4-2-3-1 but I agree that the switch of formation both suits the squad and gets our best players on the pitch. He probably needs to get in ahead of Lo Celso or Ndombele which looks like a tall order.

Didn’t look happy when getting ready to come on. Looked like a child who had just been told off.

Can’t see him being here much longer. Will end up at Everton or Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

As did Kane iirc

This is a major point in Dele's life on and off the pitch.
He has had decisions to make in both areas, and it looks like he is working on them.
Looks like the club are supporting him in every sense too, as I personally think him being out of the spotlight right now is helpful.
He is a generational talent, and IMO, still has the skill-set to be world class.
One of Levy's strong suits is his support of struggling players IMO. He was brilliant with Bale early on, he has been instrumental with Ndombele and I believe he is also a key part of the Dele initiative.
I see him very much as an inside forward off the shoulder of Kane, and I also see him as an option deep (his defensive awareness is really good IMO).

I have to say, I like the way we're dealing with it all. It really is now up to him...

It all came a bit easy for him when he joined us and we were playing well, injuries and changes in tactics and personel have set him challenges, I hope he can adapt as I think he has that little bit of something special and the ability to see space and pass into it, something we lack at times.

But to do that he needs game time?. He's not even making the matchday squad some weeks.

And let's not forget, we were all probably surprised by this summer's spending, it could be quite feasible we might have to trim the squad and raise some funds for next stage upgrades and Dele is certainly one that has some £ value.

It all came a bit easy for him when he joined us and we were playing well, injuries and changes in tactics and personel have set him challenges, I hope he can adapt as I think he has that little bit of something special and the ability to see space and pass into it, something we lack at times.
He fitted then
He doesn’t quite fit now

But to do that he needs game time?. He's not even making the matchday squad some weeks.

And let's not forget, we were all probably surprised by this summer's spending, it could be quite feasible we might have to trim the squad and raise some funds for next stage upgrades and Dele is certainly one that has some £ value.

I'm not against the idea of selling him tbh, i'm not as as big a fan as many were even at his best. Hes a good player but not a generational talent to my eyes so selling him to raise funds wouldn't be the end of the world. Of course the squad is stronger with him in it so we will see if he can reclaim a starting berth.

I'm not against the idea of selling him tbh, i'm not as as big a fan as many were even at his best. Hes a good player but not a generational talent to my eyes so selling him to raise funds wouldn't be the end of the world. Of course the squad is stronger with him in it so we will see if he can reclaim a starting berth.

We'd get a fraction of what we would've got a couple of seasons ago. If Mourinho thinks that he can get him to recover his form, it is worth holding onto him and then either sell him for a higher fee or playing him.

We'd get a fraction of what we would've got a couple of seasons ago. If Mourinho thinks that he can get him to recover his form, it is worth holding onto him and then either sell him for a higher fee or playing him.
Indeed very true. An inform and performing Dele gets a lot more traction from the press and buying clubs than where he is right now.

Back