• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Something I’ve asked that no one (who’s been critical of Dele) seems able to answer.

18/19 - post World Cup. He was clearly injured, knackered, played out of position. Gets a pass as far as I’m concerned.

19/20 - got fit, from Jose’s arrival he started 12 games with Kane, scored 6, assisted 3. From that point Kane got injured, Son got injured, and Eriksen was sold.

The question I ask is - Do people expect him to maintain his form and numbers without those 3 players? All at once?

I think people get swept up in the misconceptions and media and don’t actually assess what’s factually going on in football terms.

Re your question, i don’t see Son struggling when Kane is injured, still scores goals. Even last season when Eriksen was sold and Kane was injured, Son scored the winner in more than one game IIRC.

Can I ask why you didn’t mention the 17/18 season? This for me is when his progress started to stagnate. Scored half as many goals as the season before. And yes I acknowledge he was played out of position at times.

Can I ask you if you think he’s undeniably a better player now than he was in 15/16 - 16/17? Because for me and lots of others he isn’t. He hasn’t kicked on. That isn’t just the opinion of a handful of grumpy posters on here. Seems to be conventional wisdom that he hasn’t kicked on. Southgate dropped him from the England set up entirely when Poch was manager, he used to be a nailed on starter. Jose has now dropped on. Are you saying both of them are wrong? And a sizeable portion of our fan base outside of GG who go to games are also wrong? Levy even said it in All or Nothing. He said 3 years “he was here” whilst pointing upward.

It’s that simple for me. I’m not saying he can’t become a great player for us again but he doesn’t deserve to be in the team based on the last 3 years for me sorry.

Maybe I'm out the loop but asides from the odd bit of stuff with Boohoo, which doesn't really seem to be much more than a very minor side project, I'm not really sure what this building the brand stuff refers to? Just seems to be something he is tarnished with without there being much to back it up with.

I don't think Boohoo was just a minor side project, there was a lot of social media posts and paper articles about it. He often goes to gaming events and did an advert for a gaming headset the other week, is in a new BT advert and I'm sure there's other things I'm not aware off.

I don't mind players doing it but if someone isn't playing as well as previously then people naturally start to look at these things and wonder if it's affecting their form.

As ever if the form stays up then people don't care what you do, when it dips questions get asked. It's how modern football works.

I don't think Boohoo was just a minor side project, there was a lot of social media posts and paper articles about it. He often goes to gaming events and did an advert for a gaming headset the other week, is in a new BT advert and I'm sure there's other things I'm not aware off.

I don't mind players doing it but if someone isn't playing as well as previously then people naturally start to look at these things and wonder if it's affecting their form.

As ever if the form stays up then people don't care what you do, when it dips questions get asked. It's how modern football works.

Just had a cursory look online and it seems to amount to a one off colab in 2018? (boohoo)

Being in to gaming and appearing in an advert for a headset does not excuse lazy sterotyping imo

Just had a cursory look online and it seems to amount to a one off colab in 2018? (boohoo)

Being in to gaming and appearing in an advert for a headset does not excuse lazy sterotyping imo
As I said yesterday we know what we see him doing as they target spurs fans as his fan base
There will be others doing more that we don’t know about

Glucose Syrup (from Wheat or Corn), Sugar, Gelatin, Dextrose (from Wheat or Corn), Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Artificial and Natural Flavors, Palm Kernel Oil, Carnauba Wax, White Bees Wax, Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1.

Cracking fuel for a top flight athlete.

I’m just as concerned that he was also offering that fuel to others in the room - If I recall Sess, Bergwjin and Dier.
Wasn’t it the following match that Dier jumped onto the crowd?

Correlation between E numbers, HFCS and erratic behaviour??

Re your question, i don’t see Son struggling when Kane is injured, still scores goals. Even last season when Eriksen was sold and Kane was injured, Son scored the winner in more than one game IIRC.

Can I ask why you didn’t mention the 17/18 season? This for me is when his progress started to stagnate. Scored half as many goals as the season before. And yes I acknowledge he was played out of position at times.

Can I ask you if you think he’s undeniably a better player now than he was in 15/16 - 16/17? Because for me and lots of others he isn’t. He hasn’t kicked on. That isn’t just the opinion of a handful of grumpy posters on here. Seems to be conventional wisdom that he hasn’t kicked on. Southgate dropped him from the England set up entirely when Poch was manager, he used to be a nailed on starter. Jose has now dropped on. Are you saying both of them are wrong? And a sizeable portion of our fan base outside of GG who go to games are also wrong? Levy even said it in All or Nothing. He said 3 years “he was here” whilst pointing upward.

It’s that simple for me. I’m not saying he can’t become a great player for us again but he doesn’t deserve to be in the team based on the last 3 years for me sorry.

I've mentioned the 17/18 season plenty of times in this thread.

31 goals/assists in 50 games. Not as many goals but more assists. Not another young English player in Dele's position with those numbers. It still amazes me this season gets lost by some or classed as poor.

He's 'only' had 2 quiet seasons imo. Both valid.

And re: Son. I don't believe he has ever been without all 3 of the mentioned quad for a prolonged period btw - and not every players are the same.

My whole point on this thread is - I don't think its feasible to expect him to kick on with the circumstances of the last 2 seasons. And I don't think he can turn it round whilst not being in the team.

No
But people do expect him to turn up when he does get a chance
I genuinely think he has been better than quite a few when he has played but I think I’m in the minority

I think he's been perfectly fine. As a team we weren't really at it in the first half vs Everton and he nearly scored. Thursday I thought he done all he could, no lack of effort. Correct runs, correct closing down. One good chance I'm sure he wished he'd taken and the headlines would have been all different. That's the thing with football - people are defining performances on Jose's actions, if the chance on Thursday had gone in, a lot on here would be saying he's played great, when in fact his all round play would have been exactly the same.

I think he's been perfectly fine. As a team we weren't really at it in the first half vs Everton and he nearly scored. Thursday I thought he done all he could, no lack of effort. Correct runs, correct closing down. One good chance I'm sure he wished he'd taken and the headlines would have been all different. That's the thing with football - people are defining performances on Jose's actions, if the chance on Thursday had gone in, a lot on here would be saying he's played great, when in fact his all round play would have been exactly the same.

yeah I agree
I mean IMO moura has been comparable and he hasn’t been pulled up in the same way. But mouras work rate does show up in games more

It's not lazy stereo typing, I didn't say it's the cause of his form but said it could be and that if you have do external work and form dips then you have to accept that people will question it.

yeah I agree
I mean IMO moura has been comparable and he hasn’t been pulled up in the same way. But mouras work rate does show up in games more

Lucas runs around like the energizer bunny alright but more is like a headless chicken control-wise that does not for me equate to a good performance. Dele has a far more languid gate which can make him look less hardworking.
Dele is fine IMHO.
Sadly he is Jose new plaything and as we know Jose has a long history spacegoating

I've mentioned the 17/18 season plenty of times in this thread.

31 goals/assists in 50 games. Not as many goals but more assists. Not another young English player in Dele's position with those numbers. It still amazes me this season gets lost by some or classed as poor.

He's 'only' had 2 quiet seasons imo. Both valid.

And re: Son. I don't believe he has ever been without all 3 of the mentioned quad for a prolonged period btw - and not every players are the same.

My whole point on this thread is - I don't think its feasible to expect him to kick on with the circumstances of the last 2 seasons. And I don't think he can turn it round whilst not being in the team.

I agree it’s harsh to say 2017/18 was a “poor” season for Alli. That said, his goals total was still half of what it was the previous campaign, I suspect that’s why you’ve included assists also but I digress :D

Son has definitely played games without Kane who he has a great understanding with. Dembele has been gone for a while now. I don’t think that’s a valid excuse personally. Bare in mind he has had to travel back and forth constantly after playing for South Korea in numerous tournaments also so he’s probably been spent physically.

Whilst I agree it’s not 3 poor seasons, it’s 3 in a row where he has failed to improve. Even if it is only 2 as you say, 2 back to back doesn’t look good does it? I accept most players have poor seasons but when they come consecutively it’s a worry.

Agree fully he won’t improve unless he plays. But it’s on Alli. I don’t think anyone can blame Poch or Southgate or Jose for singling him out.

It's not lazy stereo typing, I didn't say it's the cause of his form but said it could be and that if you have do external work and form dips then you have to accept that people will question it.

I'm refering to the original post i resonded to and others like it the "not got his feet on the ground/hype gone to his head" stuff is lazy sterotyping highlighted further by the fact all yiddo could come up with in his defense was that he looks like he isn't trying and is playing crap. Wonder if he thinks Winks Kane and Dier have also let the hype get to their heads these past couple of years if that's his criteria....

Not got a problem with a constructive opinion such as yours but as ultimately it's not much more than man in having interests outside of football.

Back