• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

No one plays with a number 10 anymore. The pressing game and use of deep lying midfielders has negated their advantage.

The best thing for Dele to do is to take an afternoon watching videos of his hero Steven Gerrard, and remodel himself as that sort of all action, box to box midfielder.

He played CM for MK Dons and he started in a two with Eric Dier for us under Poch. He could be amazing in that role. Just needs to get his head around it. We can’t carry a fluffy number 10 who floats in and out of games and plays in flashes when it’s a nice day only.

I think people would play with a number 10 but they'd use one who is far more creative than Dele. He obviously has talent and has shown he can get into positions to score but he rarely influences a game and when he is on the ball I wouldn't say he's particularly creative or a great passer which you need in that area. Seems like some games it clicks and he can really stand out but others he is anonymous and a top team can't have players like that.

What has Alli done for you think that he has let the hype get to him or not kept his feet on the ground?

I think part of his downturn coincided with when he started bringing out his fashion line and building up his brand, nothing wrong with doing those things but you need to keep your form up as well. Good players tend to shine in bad teams or raise others games.

Look at Kane, around his age he realised he needed to step it up so hired a personal chef and nutritionist and you could see he seemed to gain an initial burst of pace and improved fitness. I think Ronaldo did the same. You don't have to do those things but they're examples of sacrifices people have made to reach the top. Can he look at himself and say he's done everything he possibly can in training and private life to maximise all of his talent?

I don’t think Alli’s form has anything to do with his off field commitments. I think it’s all on the field. Whether it’s his fault or ours or both I’m not entirely sure. I think it would be very helpful to himself and to us if he learnt when to keep things simple and when to try something extravagant. You don’t want to curb that instinct altogether, but there’s a time and a place to be fancy and a time to do the basics.

I take the points about him being played out of position for a stretch but that was years ago now. Can anyone honestly say he is a better player than he was in his first two seasons? He hasn’t kicked on for me. I’d be sorry to see him leave, but he does need a massive kick up the arse. Should have happened under Poch tbh but Poch was too loyal to certain players IMO.

I think he's just not working hard enough, you could see it in the game in the week, he played an hour in an offensive role but didn't play with his head up, didn't have any intensity, his pressing was half hearted and he gave up on not perfect passes too many times.

I think he's just not working hard enough, you could see it in the game in the week, he played an hour in an offensive role but didn't play with his head up, didn't have any intensity, his pressing was half hearted and he gave up on not perfect passes too many times.

I can’t say I’ve really noticed a lack of effort tbh. I just don’t think he’s improved his overall play. He can still do the incredible, off the cuff bits of play that he made a name for himself doing but I don’t see where he has improved beyond that. He’s not a better passer, his movement hasn’t improved beyond what it was which was admittedly a high standard to begin with. Compare him to Kane for example, Kane has always being a gifted passer but he’s improved so much even this season already he could have had at least one assist again. And further to what I said before, Alli just doesn’t seem to know when to keep things simple.

I think part of his downturn coincided with when he started bringing out his fashion line and building up his brand, nothing wrong with doing those things but you need to keep your form up as well. Good players tend to shine in bad teams or raise others games.

Look at Kane, around his age he realised he needed to step it up so hired a personal chef and nutritionist and you could see he seemed to gain an initial burst of pace and improved fitness. I think Ronaldo did the same. You don't have to do those things but they're examples of sacrifices people have made to reach the top. Can he look at himself and say he's done everything he possibly can in training and private life to maximise all of his talent?
I think it has helped Kane that he's been a family man from a young age. A solid and stable family life probably helps a lot on focusing on his football. Dele, on the other hand, still has a lot of distractions. Not saying that the only way to be successful is to have a family, but if Dele had settled down, he might have been a more consistent player.

Maybe I'm out the loop but asides from the odd bit of stuff with Boohoo, which doesn't really seem to be much more than a very minor side project, I'm not really sure what this building the brand stuff refers to? Just seems to be something he is tarnished with without there being much to back it up with.

Maybe I'm out the loop but asides from the odd bit of stuff with Boohoo, which doesn't really seem to be much more than a very minor side project, I'm not really sure what this building the brand stuff refers to? Just seems to be something he is tarnished with without there being much to back it up with.
It’s just that we see more of him doing it as fans than players form other sides as we don’t see their players off the pitch activities

deles off the field work is more prominent as he isn’t a big big name like a Kane or Sterling

but in reality it’s nothing. What he is lacking IMO is the next stage of his development on the pitch, and that’s improving his range and flexibility

he could also do with a chef at home

HE seemed to do a lot with the clothing line a while back (then cut back) and has done a fair amount of gaming type stuff recently. Plus he ate Haribo during one 'scene' of Jose or Nothing. And while that's not a huge crime, players like Kane are drinking hand-crafted shakes based on specific metabolism, not the highest sugar sweets money can buy. I hope there is someone at the club who can get in his ear and help him out. He
d be like a new signing.

haribo is pretty much pure sugar, which can be part of recovery fuelling after an effort, it's quite common to see cyclists pouring them in

I’m not concerned about Alli’s off field endorsements and sponsorship deals. He’s only got a limited window in his career to market himself before the companies paying him go for someone younger. Even shorter window if his form doesn’t improve.

I’m not sure if you have an agenda or if this is a lazy message, but you might want to rewatch the hour. It’s the fittest I’ve seen him in ages and he chased every lost cause and made countless runs that were ignored or missed by other players.

The stand out moment that highlighted this was when he chased a lost cause to the keeper who then gave it away to Winks who then could have rolled Dele in but poked a wasteful ball straight back to their defender. You could visibly see Dele’s disappointment as he’d done everything he could.

I don’t think Alli’s form has anything to do with his off field commitments. I think it’s all on the field. Whether it’s his fault or ours or both I’m not entirely sure. I think it would be very helpful to himself and to us if he learnt when to keep things simple and when to try something extravagant. You don’t want to curb that instinct altogether, but there’s a time and a place to be fancy and a time to do the basics.

I take the points about him being played out of position for a stretch but that was years ago now. Can anyone honestly say he is a better player than he was in his first two seasons? He hasn’t kicked on for me. I’d be sorry to see him leave, but he does need a massive kick up the arse. Should have happened under Poch tbh but Poch was too loyal to certain players IMO.

Something I’ve asked that no one (who’s been critical of Dele) seems able to answer.

18/19 - post World Cup. He was clearly injured, knackered, played out of position. Gets a pass as far as I’m concerned.

19/20 - got fit, from Jose’s arrival he started 12 games with Kane, scored 6, assisted 3. From that point Kane got injured, Son got injured, and Eriksen was sold.

The question I ask is - Do people expect him to maintain his form and numbers without those 3 players? All at once?

I think people get swept up in the misconceptions and media and don’t actually assess what’s factually going on in football terms.

haribo is pretty much pure sugar, which can be part of recovery fuelling after an effort, it's quite common to see cyclists pouring them in
Glucose Syrup (from Wheat or Corn), Sugar, Gelatin, Dextrose (from Wheat or Corn), Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Artificial and Natural Flavors, Palm Kernel Oil, Carnauba Wax, White Bees Wax, Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1.

Cracking fuel for a top flight athlete.

Something I’ve asked that no one (who’s been critical of Dele) seems able to answer.

18/19 - post World Cup. He was clearly injured, knackered, played out of position. Gets a pass as far as I’m concerned.

19/20 - got fit, from Jose’s arrival he started 12 games with Kane, scored 6, assisted 3. From that point Kane got injured, Son got injured, and Eriksen was sold.

The question I ask is - Do people expect him to maintain his form and numbers without those 3 players? All at once?

I think people get swept up in the misconceptions and media and don’t actually assess what’s factually going on in football terms.

So frustrating to continually see reference to his drop off in goals & assists without any of the above being factored in

No
But people do expect him to turn up when he does get a chance
I genuinely think he has been better than quite a few when he has played but I think I’m in the minority

Glucose Syrup (from Wheat or Corn), Sugar, Gelatin, Dextrose (from Wheat or Corn), Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Artificial and Natural Flavors, Palm Kernel Oil, Carnauba Wax, White Bees Wax, Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1.

Cracking fuel for a top flight athlete.

it’s something to do with transfer in the gut, if it didn’t work, you wouldn’t see Peter Sagan mainlining gummy bears

Back