1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Dele Alli

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 2 Feb 2015.

1. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

When he is off form he is not a José player. It’s a shame if he’s off, but that is the game. Most players come and go and the club do their business. And Levy will make a big profit off it too.

metalgear likes this.
  2. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

To be fair, this is how it's shaping up. Bale was a very, very un-Levy like signing, even accounting for the financial trickery in the deal.

Loath to agree with the positivity about the guy, but I think he's earned a bit of trust on that so far.

So far, mind. If he sells Alli, I want to see that fee reinvested, and a net spend come the close of this window. Then I'll believe he's changed for good. For now, if Alli goes, I have no opinion one way or another, apart from a feeling of sadness that a kid I felt was as close to one of our own as one could be is leaving without really ever fulfilling his enormous potential at Spurs.

3. Legohamster

Legohamster Frederic Kanoute

Reading a few bits on line and it makes it sound like Dele has been approached and we turned down which has caused the issue.

if that’s the case what is Jose meant to do?

we didn’t miss him today.

4. DaveT316

DaveT316 Jason Dozzell

400% agree on all of this. Just feel sad about it all really.

metalgear and DubaiSpur like this.
  5. MKSpur

MKSpur Vedran Corluka

Who is the rumoured approach from?

6. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

He said later Dele was not on his way, or something along those lines on ssn

7. AdamB

AdamB Dimitar Berbatov

even on form though, he doesnt fit into a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. We need to be playing 4-2-3-1 with a creator/playmaker in the '3' in order to accomodate Dele, and I dont see us doing that or who the playmaker is

DubSpur likes this.
  8. Legohamster

PSG - as I said rumours - but Bale started as a rumour !

9. MKSpur

MKSpur Vedran Corluka

I was wondering where he’s fit into a prem rivals set up. Given the ability of the players we’ve signed from that league he could do well as a luxury 10 for them. I’ll be sad to see him go but if the offer came in the last couple of days you can see why he’d want to go.

10. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

This is the problem if we are to play a different system other then the one Dele had here under Poch then he is going to struggle going forward. It might be harsh on Dele but at the end of the day its about the TEAM and not just one player.

Kandi1977 and Bishop like this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

Dele can’t play anywhere other that up top off a striker in and around the area
    He couldn’t do the Lo Celso role today for example as he can’t pass well enough
    He is great in the right team and his form would show that. We’re not that team now and we can’t plan for Jose to leave as he is the here and now so if we can get good money for dele, why not !!n

SteveAWOL, metalgear and Legohamster like this.
  12. Legohamster

Half the issues we are seeing now are due to a young player being flogged and the damage that’s done via injuries and niggles he’s picked up.

when was the last time he was fully fit and not coming back from an injury?

90291Spur likes this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

He
    He wouldn’t fit into any teams currently
    I was thinking Brighton may suit his game but that’s a big step down and would never happen
    Newcastle would too
    He would work in Chelsea’s set up but they currently have better players there as do united

14. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

The injuries didn’t stop his passing range. I agree he has had a lot of niggles but his game is so focussed on getting on the end of this game, rather than being the man two or three passes earlier

15. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

For me because its too rigid to play one way, in a league now where fixture congestion is a real threat, one in which the manager loves to berate it would show alot of vision to have Alli in the squad for the times we need to adapt our game plans/games. Especially when you look at how you play in Europe against any system its unlikely we will play one way 3 games in a row, especially with our injury record added to boot.

Bale, Son, Berg, Moura, Lamela are all the same type of player with a large degree of difference in ability, for me you can get rid of one of them and keep Alli and his actual real big game goal threat and we would be a better side.

As mentioned a few times today, I would also replace a CB with a CB and increase the clubs overall quality. We dont improve that getting rid of better players to keep crap elsewhere.

16. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

thinking further i believe he would have enjoyed the space out there in the second half today and if Kane dropping deep becomes a regular thing he would fit in there where Lamela was deployed 2nd half.

I'd sooner sell Moura and keep Alli.

StephenH, MKSpur and Grays_1890 like this.
  17. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

I do not dispute what you are saying but it looks to me that he does not fit into the system we have, i will be sorry IF he has to leave but the team is what is important and IF the manager believes that Dele can not adjust to playing in a certain way what choice do we have.

I am not saying i want him to leave or even if he will.

18. Yiddo

Yiddo Terry Venables

Sell him, he has been brick for years.

metalgear likes this.
  19. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

I agree with the logic but unless dele is playing he could easily struggle for form, fitness and a thinly become a problem
    Also we need to have a style that we play rather than a variety of styles for the time being at least

20. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Problem is we rarely play the same style week in week out, ever...