• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Would it be fair to say that after he started out with us as one of the two in deep CM, he then changed to having a free role in the 3 behind Kane?

Would it be fair to say that after he started out with us as one of the two in deep CM, he then changed to having a free role in the 3 behind Kane?
We signed him when he had been playing CM at MK
We hadn’t really played him there much though in his early years for sure
And IMO he can’t play midfield as he doesn’t have the passing range

Blimey. To be fair I can see Dele being the kind of player that this approach might work well on.

At the same time, I don’t think he’s a great fit for the system we seem to be moving towards (with two wide forwards).

Will be interesting to see what happens with him this season.

It’s the usual Levy tactic....to square up the books ,someone has to go,Alli is the one,£45 mill for him,£20 mill for Foyth,plus a fringe player £65 m spent ,£65m + ,brought in,Levy is happy.

I think we should keep him,and work with Alli,but the club works the way it does.

If we're moving to a 433 he doesn't fit in. If that's the case then we might be better off cashing in.

He needs to grow up and knuckle down or else he is going to waste his career.

It’s the usual Levy tactic....to square up the books ,someone has to go,Alli is the one,£45 mill for him,£20 mill for Foyth,plus a fringe player £65 m spent ,£65m + ,bought in,Levy is happy.

I think we should keep him,and work with Alli,but the club works the way it does.
I doubt very much that Levy tells Mourinho what player to leave out of his squad, Mourinho would rightly walk if he did.
It also didn't happen with Ericson so why would happen with Ali?

Kicks up the arse are all well and good but it doesn't seem to work with certain players and what happens when Bale doesn't respond a bit of Jose 101?

And I am not sure it helps when it was by his own admission a mistake to leave him out at half time last game

This is not great from Jose, is it?

Based on what we know, then no

He was better than Moura last week, Son was hardly pulling up trees. I think if we are pulling out Alli because of form then the whole team should be wary of the chopping block. He was by no means the worse last year either and still scored a number of important goals.

I often believe the Alli hating is over inflated

This is not great from Jose, is it?
Dele 'is' Spurs not unlike Harry...

Not really. Harry came through the youth system, Dele didnt. Harry is dedicated, works bloody hard and is the model professional. Dele likes to be on the front pages as much as the back pages.

If we could get £50m for him from someone like PSG and then sepnt £30m on a top young CB and £20m on a CF, we'd be a much stronger position in my view

I'd ask anyone who thinks it's controversial to tell me the last time he had a match defining performance. No bench is harsh but Stevie 100% but maybe even Lamela is outperforming him in training and is more likely to provide. Ooooor there's something sly or an injury kept on the absolute DL but who knows...

Hope he can get back in to what he does well sharpish.

He is an easy target for many of the 'fans'. (see above)
Young and gifted.
Not young anymore
Actually quite a stupid man TBH and that shows off the pitch
He needs someone to educate now of whats needed to take that next level step up that he is capable of

Back