• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

It was woeful being there
As yet again we crumbled in a big semi
There is a reason why we fail in so many semi finals and it runs through the club and fans
So maybe I’m wrong and Poch might get a trophy but he would need be tougher on players for sure
If Poch's next job is at one of the top clubs where he is properly backed by the chairman then I'm sure he will win trophies.

If Poch's next job is at one of the top clubs where he is properly backed by the chairman then I'm sure he will win trophies.
He was backed here
Do we always have to go back to it
He lost the league cup final vs Chelsea as Mourinho did a number on him by playing a CB in midfield
He lost every FA Cup semi by being outsmarted
He lost the league cup one as discussed
And we lost the CL final in some people’s opinions as he started an unfit player...
There are reasons behind everything but he didn’t get to those games because he wasn’t backed did he?

He was backed here
He lost the league cup final vs Chelsea as Mourinho did a number on him by playing a CB in midfield
And we lost the CL final in some people’s opinions as he started an unfit player...
There are reasons behind everything but he didn’t get to those games because he wasn’t backed did he?
He wasn't. We had the 6th biggest wage bill and about the 10th biggest transfer budget.

Every semi or final we lost was to a team with a far larger wage and transfer budget.

The first time Poch was backed was the summer just gone. When Levy got him 3 of the 4 players he wanted (2 of them on deadline day and injured). We then sacked him before he could even get the three of them in the team.

We no longer have the problem of losing semi finals and finals as the current manager is unlikely to be able to massively outperform the market and actually get us to those games as the last week has shown.

He wasn't. We had the 6th biggest wage bill and about the 10th biggest transfer budget.

Every semi or final we lost was to a team with a far larger wage and transfer budget.

The first time Poch was backed was the summer just gone. When Levy got him 3 of the 4 players he wanted (2 of them on deadline day and injured). We then sacked him before he could even get the three of them in the team.

We no longer have the problem of losing semi finals and finals as the current manager is unlikely to be able to massively outperform the market and actually get us to those games as the last week has shown.
But didn’t he have better teams than those he lost too as demonstrated by the comparable league positions at the time?

But didn’t he have better teams than those he lost too as demonstrated by the comparable league positions at the time?
Over the course of the season?..... Probably. But not towards the end of the season when the trophies are decided and we have a bunch of knackered players due to having such a small squad, whereas the clubs investing the money have deeper and fresher squads.

Remember when Chelsea brought on Hazard and Costa in that FA Cup semi final? We've never had that luxury.

Over the course of the season?..... Probably. But not towards the end of the season when the trophies are decided and we have a bunch of knackered players due to having such a small squad, whereas the clubs investing the money have deeper and fresher squads.

Remember when Chelsea bought on Hazard and Costa in that FA Cup semi final? We've never had that luxury.
That’s against a case of their coach being smarter and putting them on the bench knowing it would rooster up our tactics
It’s exactly what we should have done vs Liverpool

Pochettino was a ‘typical’ Spurs manager!
Good!
But just not good enough!
Mourinho has just bitten off more than he can chew!
He looks overwhelmed!

I hope we go for a new manager to start next season. Someone like a Farke

Imho he is a far better manager than Mancini, and Di Matteo, he is better than Pellegrini, all managers who have won trophies at clubs with bigger budgets. So yep I guess you have to believe with their sort of backing he should win trophies.

Imho he is a far better manager than Mancini, and Di Matteo, he is better than Pellegrini, all managers who have won trophies at clubs with bigger budgets. So yep I guess you have to believe with their sort of backing he should win trophies.
Can’t argue with that logic TBH

He was backed here

He got to those games because he conjured an awful lot more from a group of players than anyone ever expected.

They are all yesterday’s men.

He got to those games because he conjured an awful lot more from a group of players than anyone ever expected.

You can argue that and perhaps be justified, but his failure to make at least one of them count has to be something more than some bizarre theory that funding gives you a side good enough to get to a SF or Final but not win it.

I think the interesting revision for me is we all were worried about the mess Harry would leave the club in, and the mess Jose will eventually leave the club in, right now (in this moment) it looks like Poch has left the club in a worse state than any manager in a long time, a mentally and physically broken side completely shot of self confidence.

You can argue that and perhaps be justified, but his failure to make at least one of them count has to be something more than some bizarre theory that funding gives you a side good enough to get to a SF or Final but not win it.

I think the interesting revision for me is we all were worried about the mess Harry would leave the club in, and the mess Jose will eventually leave the club in, right now (in this moment) it looks like Poch has left the club in a worse state than any manager in a long time, a mentally and physically broken side completely shot of self confidence.
That’s not all Pochs fault
You have to consider that Poch was a long serving manager by modern standards and also managed though a change of stadium that has an impact on various things such form, funding and morale.
He has some accountability but he also changed expectations within the club and launched us to become a bigger and better side and the value of that is huge

That’s not all Pochs fault
You have to consider that Poch was a long serving manager by modern standards and also managed though a change of stadium that has an impact on various things such form, funding and morale.
He has some accountability but he also changed expectations within the club and launched us to become a bigger and better side and the value of that is huge

Nothing is ever "all the fault" of one person or action, something we and the media all seem to struggle with.

But it really seems he left a team broken .. and we badly need a reset ...

Back