• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Playing him deeper doesn't get the best out of him but its been/being done for the benefit of the team.

The last 18 months have been done to death, World Cup, injuries, playing all around the midfield etc.

I've highlighted his stats with Kane this season - 6 in 12 with a few assists....and that's without a form playmaker like Eriksen. With Kane back in and GLC now picking up the creative work he will be fine with a bit of patience.
Dele could thrive again when we have a fit team if we play a way that suits him but I think even then he may be usurped by Lo Celso and Bergwein playing the role he used to occupy. Dele works in a 4-2-3-1 off the striker In the 3. Lo Celso could take the Eriksen role and I’d start Bergwein and Son there too myself.
But we haven’t had a chance yet to play Lo Celso playing well with Kane for a start so that can only be a big improvement and having Dele as an option too could be brilliant

Rondon on loan after China cancelled the league - there was options.
Of course there were options.... There are always options. We instead stupidly took a very big gamble on Son being ableto play 25 to 30 games in a row. It will now cost us any chance of a trophy, a top 4 finish and possibly even a Europa League finish.

What we will lose in finances will be WAY more that what it would've cost us to bring in a number 9, even if we'd of had to have overpaid for him.

Yeah but no one wanted him for some reason
I thought he was viable
Maybe clubs were concerned about bringing in players from china
As I said I’ll reserve my judgment on the Ighalo signing until I see him score a few in the league

Thing is with Ighalo is even if he doesn’t play much in the league he’s allowing rotation in the cups/EL

I don’t think you can base it on league alone.

Thing is with Ighalo is even if he doesn’t play much in the league he’s allowing rotation in the cups/EL

I don’t think you can base it on league alone.
You have to when people claim he is having an impact ... he scored va derby who aren’t a good side (we may go have scored I agree) and a Belgium’s side missing some key players at home in the Europa...
there’s levels here at play
If he starts vs city then Ole has that confidence in him at a higher level

You have to when people claim he is having an impact ... he scored va derby who aren’t a good side (we may go have scored I agree) and a Belgium’s side missing some key players at home in the Europa...
there’s levels here at play
If he starts vs city then Ole has that confidence in him at a higher level
Don't forget that him playing "saved some effort" from the legs of some other player, so they don't get a muscular strain (or impact injury). Even if he just runs around, pulls defenders out of position, makes runs, plays a 1-2, harries and presses and clears danger from corners, it is all having an impact. Not solely goals

Don't forget that him playing "saved some effort" from the legs of some other player, so they don't get a muscular strain (or impact injury). Even if he just runs around, pulls defenders out of position, makes runs, plays a 1-2, harries and presses and clears danger from corners, it is all having an impact. Not solely goals
Yeah I can’t argue with that
But you could stick anyone up top to bridge that gap... even a kid like Parrott

It was noted by MouMou that Bergwijn pleaded to come off at 54 mins to avoid injury, Moura pleaded to come off at 70, Winks came off at 80 yet Alli played 96.
And Lo Celso played 120.

I worry Alli and Lo Celso will go down with muscular injuries against Burnley, if not rested.

Yeah i worry about that too. In fact I actually think it's inevitable sooner rather than later. Those 2 put so much work in during a game it's incredible. A one point towards the end of the game Lo Celso had his hands on his knees after a run down the right wing. He was shattered! He slowly started tracking back and had barely caught a breath before the ball came back to him again lol. Don't know how he lasted 120 mins and then score a penalty

Alli too, he was running on fumes by the end. You really can't fault their effort

Of course there were options.... There are always options. We instead stupidly took a very big gamble on Son being ableto play 25 to 30 games in a row. It will now cost us any chance of a trophy, a top 4 finish and possibly even a Europa League finish.

What we will lose in finances will be WAY more that what it would've cost us to bring in a number 9, even if we'd of had to have overpaid for him.

I think we did try to bring in a centre forward. However Chelsea and United were looking for one as well. United have got Igalo (they were always going to beat us to him) and Chelsea have a rejuvinated Giroud, who I would have wanted but who we were never realistically going to get. Mourinho said we need to be looking longer term to get in the beast of a centre forward he really wants. I don't think there were any available in January that met this criteria who we could get. With Son's injury, it has left us with a gaping hole up front. This was down to Poch/the club letting Llorente and Jaansen leave without bringing in a replacement in the summer.

Yeah but no one wanted him for some reason
I thought he was viable
Maybe clubs were concerned about bringing in players from china
As I said I’ll reserve my judgment on the Ighalo signing until I see him score a few in the league

Ighalo was and is a very good signing for Utd. Offers them a different option from their current strikers and is comfortable being rotated.

I get the sentiment, but the quality of the product has gone through the roof since the PL started, it's a different game now, it's fair enough that stats reference that.
I take your point but the obsession with PL records that plays so conveniently into the hands of Sky and Murdoch effectively renders all our previous history irrelevant and worthless.

Remember we won 15 of our 17 trophies pre-1992.

I'd say relevance is a bell curve, yes, they emphasise the period of their coverage, but that doesn't bother me any more or less than fans of other clubs celebrating success that came decades ago, a Sunderland fan reminded me the other day that they have won 6 league titles, it's true, but the most recent was nearly 100 years ago, by modern standards that is irrelevant and worthless, it doesn't benefit the current Sunderland squad in any way.

I'd say relevance is a bell curve, yes, they emphasise the period of their coverage, but that doesn't bother me any more or less than fans of other clubs celebrating success that came decades ago, a Sunderland fan reminded me the other day that they have won 6 league titles, it's true, but the most recent was nearly 100 years ago, by modern standards that is irrelevant and worthless, it doesn't benefit the current Sunderland squad in any way.

Accrington Stanley syndrome?
Or as some refer to it as Tottenham palsy ;)

Back