• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

But we agreed to smash the club record this summer gone twice and also invested in two unproven kids for £40m
Context is everything and as ive sad numerous times the players were happy to sell, maybe no one wants them (no one bid for Toby for example) and of course the players have to want to leave too (just look at a roses comments)
With the new revenue and the certainty of costs now we committed to spend £150m ish last summer. That’s ambition and shows growth. Yes we didnt buy players for same windows as the club agreed that the players the could get were not better than what we had at the time...

£150m this window doesn't fill the gaps from the last four windows, never mind catch up with how far we've fallen behind the clubs we're supposed to be competing with.

£150m this window doesn't fill the gaps from the last four windows, never mind catch up with how far we've fallen behind the clubs we're supposed to be competing with.
Don’t disagree
But as I said when we didn’t buy we had a lot of people commenting about how strong the squad was, how weak the players were who were being sold at the time, who could improve us etc....
Everything is easy in hindsight

Don’t disagree
But as I said when we didn’t buy we had a lot of people commenting about how strong the squad was, how weak the players were who were being sold at the time, who could improve us etc....

I certainly didn't foresee the squads form/unity/general level falling off a cliff the way it has at the time and thought we could ride it out, in hindsight i was dead wrong

The problem for Mourinho is not to throw the baby out with the bath water and jet make big changes.

Last edited:
Don’t disagree

I did see it, but not as bad as this.
I thought we'd lucked out and got through it relatively unscathed.
I also mistakenly thought that poch had built up enough credit to be allowed more time.

The bit I can't get my head around is Jose.
There's no way Levy can't believe we don't need to spend, surely Pochs targets would be cheaper and more likely to have a resale value than who Jose wants.

I also mistakenly thought that poch had built up enough credit to be allowed more time.

There's no way Levy can't believe we don't need to spend, surely Pochs targets would be cheaper and more likely to have a resale value than who Jose wants.
Why do we need resale?
We have sold a few players for big profit but too clubs don’t work like that

The only way it makes sense appointing Mourinho is if there is money to spend as a result of the stadium move and general increase in turnover - I'd say last summers spend points towards that being the case.

However by changing manager you're potentially increasing the amount of turnover required (as players Poch fancied Jose may not) and you're essentially delaying the whole process as you need the new manager to work with and assess the players available before deciding on his approach in the market.

Which is ironic because people wanted a change in manager because they didn't want to waste the season when in reality the switch is likely to result in the rebuild taking longer.

Last edited:

And on the player front I never expected Wanyama to hibernate, Dier to lose a season not because of an injury, Hugo to forget how to catch, Aurier to not know how to defend, Verts to put lead in his boots, Tobys hair gel to make it impossible for him head a ball near his head, Kane ankles to fall off, Deles head to fall off and Son to start doing martial arts on the pitch..

And on the player front I never expected Wanyama to hibernate, Dier to lose a season not because of an injury, Hugo to forget how to catch, Aurier to not know how to defend, Verts to put lead in his boots, Tobys hair gel to make it impossible for him head a ball near his head, Kane ankles to fall off, Deles head to fall off and Son to start doing martial arts on the pitch..

Should make for a fascinating documentary at least

Why do we need resale?
We have sold a few players for big profit but too clubs don’t work like that

It's the model we've used for years, buy young potential, give them a platform and sell them on.
Again, no problem with that but it will impact our ability to complete.

It's the model we've used for years, buy young potential, give them a platform and sell them on.
Again, no problem with that but it will impact our ability to complete.
But for years we were trying to make it to the big league
We’re now in the big league a I genuinely believe that Levy feels that way too
Hence why he sanctioned £150m in the summer

A free role?
Jose Mourinho?

When Winks went off it was clearly Alli and Eriksen in central midfield. Mourinho didnt just take off Winks and wait for which of his attack players decided amongst themselves to cover back.
He clearly played a 433 against Chelsea.
With Son missing Alli was clearly playing on the left when he changed again to a 343
I agree with you re: when Winks went off and he rejigged, prior to that Dele was free to roam, as he has been in most games since Jose took over.

Last edited:
But we agreed to smash the club record this summer gone twice and also invested in two unproven kids for £40m
Context is everything and as ive sad numerous times the players were happy to sell, maybe no one wants them (no one bid for Toby for example) and of course the players have to want to leave too (just look at a roses comments)
With the new revenue and the certainty of costs now we committed to spend £150m ish last summer. That’s ambition and shows growth. Yes we didnt buy players for same windows as the club agreed that the players the could get were not better than what we had at the time...
There are several stories saying that Pochettino didn’t want Clarke. I wonder if offered Clarke and Lo Celso on the last day of the transfer window or no Clarke and Lo Celso on day one of the window for a fee £10 million higher which one Pochettino would’ve picked?

But for years we were trying to make it to the big league
We’re now in the big league a I genuinely believe that Levy feels that way too
Hence why he sanctioned £150m in the summer
Was it £150m? £55m for Ndombele, £25m for Sessegnon, £10m for Clarke and £15m loan fee for Lo Celso were the numbers weren’t they?

There are several stories saying that Pochettino didn’t want Clarke. I wonder if offered Clarke and Lo Celso on the last day of the transfer window or no Clarke and LoCelso on day one of the window for a fee £10 million higher which one Pochettino would’ve picked?

You wouldn't have got Lo Celso on day 1 of the window because he was at the Copa America. He had less than a week back at Betis before moving to Spurs iirc so let's not make out that we missed having him available for all of pre season.

You wouldn't have got Lo Celso on day 1 of the window because he was at the Copa America. He had less than a week back at Betis before moving to Spurs iirc so let's not make out that we missed having him available for all of pre season.
Argentina’s last game was 6th July. Lo Celso signed on transfer deadline day on 8th August. Granted we still probably would’ve been given 2 weeks off post Copa America by Spurs, but maybe he would’ve spent that time in the UK settling in?

There are several stories saying that Pochettino didn’t want Clarke. I wonder if offered Clarke and Lo Celso on the last day of the transfer window or no Clarke and Lo Celso on day one of the window for a fee £10 million higher which one Pochettino would’ve picked?
Lo Celso
He had never wanted Clarke that was clear

Was it £150m? £55m for Ndombele, £25m for Sessegnon, £10m for Clarke and £15m loan fee for Lo Celso were the numbers weren’t they?
Lo Celso was rumoured to be a deal for £55/£60m same as Ndom
Plus Sessegnon and Clarke
We committed to the Lo Celso deal on the basis we fully expected European football with him on board
Problem is with fees their all “rumours”. What we do know is w shave these players no and their being paid and paid for
and that’s whilst fully knowing we weren’t getting a fee for Toby (he was never signing under Poch) or Eriksen

Lo Celso was rumoured to be a deal for £55/£60m same as Ndom
Plus Sessegnon and Clarke
We committed to the Lo Celso deal on the basis we fully expected European football with him on board
Problem is with fees their all “rumours”. What we do know is w shave these players no and their being paid and paid for
and that’s whilst fully knowing we weren’t getting a fee for Toby (he was never signing under Poch) or Eriksen
We have only paid a £15 million loan fee for Lo Celso. If we pay any more for him it will be next summer (and no doubt used for a second time by those saying ‘look at Levy’s ambition’)

Back