• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Remember when Mourinho was being praised for playing in his right position.
In the last 5 games he's played him in a three man central, on the left and in a two man midfield.
The goals and assists have gone and people are back having a go at him.
It seems to me as though he has mostly had a free role and Dele himself isn't making the most If that with his positioning.

It seems to me as though he has mostly had a free role and Dele himself isn't making the most If that with his positioning.

A free role?
Jose Mourinho?

When Winks went off it was clearly Alli and Eriksen in central midfield. Mourinho didnt just take off Winks and wait for which of his attack players decided amongst themselves to cover back.
He clearly played a 433 against Chelsea.
With Son missing Alli was clearly playing on the left when he changed again to a 343

Dele might as well leave. He is a top player that plays just off the front man.
He was all at sea again in today’s “system”.

A free role?
Jose Mourinho?

When Winks went off it was clearly Alli and Eriksen in central midfield. Mourinho didnt just take off Winks and wait for which of his attack players decided amongst themselves to cover back.
He clearly played a 433 against Chelsea.
With Son missing Alli was clearly playing on the left when he changed again to a 343

All of this.
Still, let the fact that he has now reverted to playing several different positions due to necessity not preclude OTT criticism of a genuinely great player who needs a break.

We don't have a system anymore, we have a bunch guys out there doing just enough to keep getting paid.

You’re actually not far off. With Kane out we should have been able to call on a centre forward that would continue to benefit Dele and maintain our system. As it is we have a bodged up front line of attacking midfielders and the CM area is littered with under performers, players looking to leave, and players trying to settle.

Squad is a shambles and it’s showing.

Remember when Mourinho was being praised for playing in his right position.
In the last 5 games he's played him in a three man central, on the left and in a two man midfield.
The goals and assists have gone and people are back having a go at him.
I find Dele to be a quite limited player. If you play him in his best position, the space behind the striker then he can excel both with putting the finishing touches to moves or with ghostly runs into the danger space. he's a cool and smart finisher and sees opportunities well.

But place him anywhere else on the pitch and he is decidedly average. He will dawdle on the ball often getting it nicked off his toes, his passing range is basic and he tries flicks and take-ons at totally inappropriate times. For some reason people see him as versatile but he's frankly mediocre in CM.

Dele as CM at any other team is not a player we would want or be interested in.

Play him off the striker and you get results from him anywhere else and hes just not worth a place imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

He had 7 goals/assists in Jose’s first 7 league games (I’m sure several linked to Son). Another factor in the last 2 against Norwich and Southampton is not having a Son in the team. He stretches teams and they play well off each other. I know Son played today but as I said, Dele is knackered now.

You’re actually not far off. With Kane out we should have been able to call on a centre forward that would continue to benefit Dele and maintain our system. As it is we have a bodged up front line of attacking midfielders and the CM area is littered with under performers, players looking to leave, and players trying to settle.

Squad is a shambles and it’s showing.

Third best in the league.
Actually beginning to believe that, third best at getting managers the sack.

Sorry, how is this Pochs fault?
Who was he going to replace any player he dropped with?
Replace son with one the N'twins, Harry with janssen, there's not been a suitable stand in for Eriksen or dele.
When workers don't do their job right and the boss backs them instead of the line manager this what happens.
In the six weeks since Jose got here it's went from a strong squad to a total rebuild.
Thing is, lots of us knew it but were shouted down.
Theres a malaise in that squad, one that's been allowed to grow by Levy.

At his best Alli is a borderline world class player, he’s an outstanding finisher and does things that other players would never dream to attempt.

When he’s off form he’s a bit of a luxury player in my opinion as he doesn’t particularly create, he’s anything but quick, watching him run is like watching someone run in quicksand. But the most important things he still needs to work on are his tendencies to slow down play and just knowing when to release the ball, try a fancy flick and when to keep things simple, it’s not rocket science.

Despite the people defending him on here for 18 months with the nonsense about his poor play stemming from being played out of position (I accept it played some part) I think he suffered from a lack of competition in his position and Poch was too loyal to him but lately he has been getting back to his old self. If Mourinho can consistently get the best out of him he becomes one of the most vital players in the team.

Replace son with one the N'twins, Harry with janssen, there's not been a suitable stand in for Eriksen or dele.
When workers don't do their job right and the boss backs them instead of the line manager this what happens.
In the six weeks since Jose got here it's went from a strong squad to a total rebuild.
I remember when we sacked Poch and appointed Mourinho I made a post in the Levy thread and said Levy is always the cause of the problems. I got jumped on by the "Levy is the best Chairman I. Football" crowd, but it is true. Levy gives with one hand but takes with the other. Some fans just don't want to see it that way though. [emoji2379]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Levy employs managers to run the squad!

Levy employs managers to run the squad!
A squad he is buying or not taking advice on.
If Levy offered any manager in the world our job under the constraints he places them and demands more than they achieved in the last five years he will be laughed at.
You cannot progress without refreshing the squad, we have not done that, in fact the squad has went back the way.

A squad he is buying or not taking advice on.
If Levy offered any manager in the world our job under the constraints he places them and demands more than they achieved in the last five years he will be laughed at.
You cannot progress without refreshing the squad, we have not done that, in fact the squad has went back the way.

what are the constraints?
You can have a player if we can afford him, but we also need to shift some of the brick where already

what are the constraints?
You can have a player if we can afford him, but we also need to shift some of the brick where already

What constraints, like we will buy any mid priced prospect that we can haggle down, we won't sell any of players that want way for anything less than full market value plus the Levy tax.
All of which fine, if you set your goals and ambition at a similar level. Levy seems to be saying the better you perform the less you need to be even better.

What constraints, like we will buy any mid priced prospect that we can haggle down, we won't sell any of players that want way for anything less than full market value plus the Levy tax.
All of which fine, if you set your goals and ambition at a similar level. Levy seems to be saying the better you perform the less you need to be even better.
But we agreed to smash the club record this summer gone twice and also invested in two unproven kids for £40m
Context is everything and as ive sad numerous times the players were happy to sell, maybe no one wants them (no one bid for Toby for example) and of course the players have to want to leave too (just look at a roses comments)
With the new revenue and the certainty of costs now we committed to spend £150m ish last summer. That’s ambition and shows growth. Yes we didnt buy players for same windows as the club agreed that the players the could get were not better than what we had at the time...

Back