• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Not for me. He can do a job anywhere mind, though I think he is better further forward and is great up there with Kane.
He is too good as an attacking force to ‘sit’ in midfield.
Agree, one of his main strengths is being a ‘runner’ in behind defences. I don’t see him as a playmaker type at all....

Agree, one of his main strengths is being a ‘runner’ in behind defences. I don’t see him as a playmaker type at all....
Yes, there were several occasions where Dele would have been looking for a run from "Dele"! Eriksen makes very good runs but doesn't have quite the same pace/height/athleticism as Alli. I prefer Eriksen feeding Dele rather than the other way around.
Also a few occasions where Dele had plenty of room to turn, but just laid it backwards to the defence, which surprised me given his attacking nature.

It was a good display. His movement off the ball meant that like Winks he was always offering an outlet for thhe ball. I'd be interested to see if the two could work together.

He is a massive loss to our attacking options, he sees and does things in the danger area nobody else does, like most forward playing midfielders he will get "old mans disease" and fall back to get more time and less kicks. He did well playing deep and with our lack of creativity in that area he's doing his bit for the team.

The question is whether he is enough of a threat to build the side around. Personally I think we can build something with him playing in a three man midfield with another similar player.

Last night his quick thinking on the ball made him a nightmare for players to close as he continuously out thought their midfield. Simple things like shaping to pass one way and then controlling and moving in another for instance. Some of his first time passing too was so well weighted also, really beautifully executed.

Commentators on the radio slated his performance last night. Said he was basically a bystander who didn't contribute.

The question is whether he is enough of a threat to build the side around. Personally I think we can build something with him playing in a three man midfield with another similar player.

Last night his quick thinking on the ball made him a nightmare for players to close as he continuously out thought their midfield. Simple things like shaping to pass one way and then controlling and moving in another for instance. Some of his first time passing too was so well weighted also, really beautifully executed.
One thing I see with this team is that we have several player swe can build around - Kane/Dele and Son. And on occasion Eriksen when he hasn't downed tools to pick up his skirt to flash at Barca because he's definitely leaving.

Back