• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

We need at least 1 player in, surely no one can deny this now?

Nothing has changed.

We were desperate for a CM, we still are.

Alli, Son, Kane, Moura etc are all short term issues that will resolve themselves in time. We arent going to buy players just because they are out for a few weeks.

However, CM was a big issue in the summer, and it is now - and Id hope we are working on it.

But Alli getting injured does change our situation.

EDIT: But Alli getting injured does NOT change our situation.

Last edited:
Nothing has changed.

We were desperate for a CM, we still are.

Alli, Son, Kane, Moura etc are all short term issues that will resolve themselves in time. We arent going to buy players just because they are out for a few weeks.

However, CM was a big issue in the summer, and it is now - and Id hope we are working on it.

But Alli getting injured does change our situation.

Agree on the CM, it’s actually gotten worse with Dembele leaving (pre season assumption he would play some part) and Christian having to potentially drop back which leaves gaps further forward.

We seemed to be in the market for another AM given the confirmed interest in Grealish and rumours about Zaha - so I guess that wouldn’t have changed either.

I can still see Llorente leaving this window

Agree on the CM, it’s actually gotten worse with Dembele leaving (pre season assumption he would play some part) and Christian having to potentially drop back which leaves gaps further forward.

We seemed to be in the market for another AM given the confirmed interest in Grealish and rumours about Zaha - so I guess that wouldn’t have changed either.

Poch has said repeatedly that he's happy with our squad and January activity is very unlikely, actually he flat out said signings weren't going to happen.

Why do you keep pushing this agenda? We won't sign players unless they're guaranteed to improve the squad. The idea of taking a punt on a dark horse in January left us with Redknapp.

If the right deal can be done, maybe something will happen. But I wouldn't hold your breath. Poch has also proven that January signings won't feature until the next season anyway. See Moura.

You're setting yourself and others up to be justified in being tinkled off about lack of signings, when really everything says you shouldn't expect any in the first place.

Also pretty sure Poch denied any interest in Grealish months ago, thank GHod.

Poch has said repeatedly that he's happy with our squad and January activity is very unlikely, actually he flat out said they weren't going to happen.

Why do you keep pushing this agenda? We won't sign players unless they're guaranteed to improve the squad. The idea of taking a punt on a dark horse in January left us with Redknapp.

If the right deal can be done, maybe something will happen. But I wouldn't hold your breath. Poch has also proven than January signings won't feature until the next season anyway. See Moura.

You're setting yourself and others up to be justified in being tinkled off about lack of signings, when really everything says you shouldn't expect any in the first place.

Also pretty sure Poch denied any interest in Grealish months ago, thank GHod.

Where did I say punt in the dark?

As normal you come in claiming everyone has an agenda?

Just waiting for “entitled” to have the double bingo.

Pretty sure it’s common knowledge we bid for Grealish as well, does that not suit with your agenda?

I’ve never seen anyone get so angry and upset over the suggestion a football club signs a player.

Sorry, just edited my post - Alli getting injured does NOT change our plans, IMO.

I think if we get an AM Son will be Kanes full time back up and Llorente will be expendable, so for him to go it depends on that sort of arrangement.

CM was a big issue, and still is, though Im not sure Dembele leaving has changed much. I think the feeling in the summer was that he wouldnt see much football anyway given his injury status and propensity to get niggles.

Wanyama is another that is similar. Lets be honest, we can sell him tomorrow and nothing changes as per the last year or so!

We started the season with Winks, Dier, Sissoko + Academy kids and are still in that position. That was never enough, and Im sure they realise, and really what our focus should be IMO

Sorry, just edited my post - Alli getting injured does NOT change our plans, IMO.

I think if we get an AM Son will be Kanes full time back up and Llorente will be expendable, so for him to go it depends on that sort of arrangement.

CM was a big issue, and still is, though Im not sure Dembele leaving has changed much. I think the feeling in the summer was that he wouldnt see much football anyway given his injury status and propensity to get niggles.

Wanyama is another that is similar. Lets be honest, we can sell him tomorrow and nothing changes as per the last year or so!

We started the season with Winks, Dier, Sissoko + Academy kids and are still in that position. That was never enough, and Im sure they realise, and really what our focus should be IMO

Assume Wanyama is out as you say and it leaves

Winks/Sissoko/Dier to rotate for 2 spots in the league.

Whilst Skipp as done Ok in the couple of games he started I don’t think he’s really ready to be thrown in every week?

For all the talk of the younger players I don’t think they were really going to be much more than bit part players this season, we were certainly not going to see a Skipp/Amos partnership at any point in the league.

I’d be happy with us getting our CM signed now for the summer.

I think the Alli injury does change things - I know it’s only March but how long till him and Kane are back to match fittness and firing?

Someone on loan would be useful and we have a squad place free.

Assume Wanyama is out as you say and it leaves

Winks/Sissoko/Dier to rotate for 2 spots in the league.

Whilst Skipp as done Ok in the couple of games he started I don’t think he’s really ready to be thrown in every week?

For all the talk of the younger players I don’t think they were really going to be much more than bit part players this season, we were certainly not going to see a Skipp/Amos partnership at any point in the league.

I’d be happy with us getting our CM signed now for the summer.

I think the Alli injury does change things - I know it’s only March but how long till him and Kane are back to match fittness and firing?

Someone on loan would be useful and we have a squad place free.

I agree Skipp and co will be bit part players.

I disagree that Alli changes anything and a loan in the short term helps at all.

Players dont generally hit the ground running, and the sort of quality required to do so it unlikely to be found on loan. And even then, we, and Poch, really aren the short term fix type of club.

It is absolutely more likely (IMO) that we would just soldier on, rather than get a loan.

The only thing that will have changed, and because of our position at this point and not Alli getting injured, is a desire to move transfers planned for the summer forward to now.

Which will really depend on opportunity as much as anything. We have Dembele out, so have room, so it possible we can grab (for example) Rabiot now rather than waiting until the summer when he was more likely to be available...

Where did I say punt in the dark?

As normal you come in claiming everyone has an agenda?

Just waiting for “entitled” to have the double bingo.

Pretty sure it’s common knowledge we bid for Grealish as well, does that not suit with your agenda?

I’ve never seen anyone get so angry and upset over the suggestion a football club signs a player.

I'm not angry, at all. As I said, we could end up signing a player.

What annoys me is that you're taking all the common sense information available to you and ignoring it, just so you've got something to moan about once the window closes.

I agree Skipp and co will be bit part players.

I disagree that Alli changes anything and a loan in the short term helps at all.

Players dont generally hit the ground running, and the sort of quality required to do so it unlikely to be found on loan. And even then, we, and Poch, really aren the short term fix type of club.

It is absolutely more likely (IMO) that we would just soldier on, rather than get a loan.

The only thing that will have changed, and because of our position at this point and not Alli getting injured, is a desire to move transfers planned for the summer forward to now.

Which will really depend on opportunity as much as anything. We have Dembele out, so have room, so it possible we can grab (for example) Rabiot now rather than waiting until the summer when he was more likely to be available...

It depends on the loan?

Arguments sake it is Malcolm a player we reported to have interest in it might suit all parties

Barca - player gets potential move away.

Spurs - we get to see him before we buy - even if it is in training and the odd game here and there.

I agree about the bringing the summer plans forward, surely it’s worth it for a whole list of reasons.

It depends on the loan?

Arguments sake it is Malcolm a player we reported to have interest in it might suit all parties

Barca - player gets potential move away.

Spurs - we get to see him before we buy - even if it is in training and the odd game here and there.

I agree about the bringing the summer plans forward, surely it’s worth it for a whole list of reasons.

Rumours with Malcom (only rumours, of course) were that it was a loan with the obligation to buy. Which IMO is a very different situation, ultimately its permanent and not temporary.

We had interest in Malcom, it wouldnt surprise me if we had long term plans to get him - this would just be bringing it forward - pretty well as I described above.

Ultimately though, we are 9 points off top, at the end of Jan, and fighting on 4 fronts. If we strengthen now, itll be to bolster that status, it wont be anything to do with a few short term injuries/absences.

Last edited:
Rumours with Malcom (only rumours, of course) were that it was a loan with the obligation to buy. Which IMO is a very different situation, ultimately its permanent and not temporary.

We had interest in Malcom, it wouldnt surprise me if we had long term plans to get him - this would just be brining it forward - pretty well as I described above.

Ultimately though, we are 9 points off top, at the end of Jan, and fighting on 4 fronts. If we strengthen now, itll be to bolster that status, it wont be anything to do with a few short term injuries/absences.

The obligation to buy is a gray area isn’t it.

We agree the fee with Barca but not the player at this stage?

We could then offer the player £10 a week and it falls through lol

Not 100 percent sure how it works?

I dont think anyone is 100% sure, but I would assume a full deal is agreed now, and signed off as and when.

r-u-s-x made the point that it could well be a budgeting/financial fudge to move the cost into another period.

So, if thats the case, think of it as a perm transfer with a little work around up front.

So Id expect all parties to agree the full package before it goes ahead, rather than at the end of the loan.

I dont think anyone is 400% sure, but I would assume a full deal is agreed now, and signed off as and when.

r-u-s-x made the point that it could well be a budgeting/financial fudge to move the cost into another period.

So, if thats the case, think of it as a perm transfer with a little work around up front.

So Id expect all parties to agree the full package before it goes ahead, rather than at the end of the loan.

I see the Suarez deal to Arsenal fell through because of the same reason.

I don’t see how you can agree a wage before you fully sign, not sure why a player that backed himself fully would either?

But as you say it’s all guess wotk

I see the Suarez deal to Arsenal fell through because of the same reason.

I don’t see how you can agree a wage before you fully sign, not sure why a player that backed himself fully would either?

But as you say it’s all guess wotk

He is signing (in theory).

Its "official" in the summer, and a loan until then, with the whole package agreed now.

Not that big a deal, Id have thought.

when its a clubs choice to buy the players wages if we decide to buy are in the loan agreement the player signs, they cant ask for £10bn pw and walk away - I suspect it works the same with an obligation to buy (i.e. we off £10 per your example).

https://www.marca.com/en/2015/08/10/en/football/spanish_football/1439222790.html

What does that mean? Best thing for a pulled hamstring is to sit on a suitcase after a long haul flight?

Back