• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Yeah gotcha. Wasn’t directly aimed at you. Just meant in general we shouldn’t be surprised if Poch did make a tweak to his strategy on this occasion.
I'd love to be surprised but on player recruitment I don't think he's for turning...

Agree with Vorm, it's a clear waste of foreign player squad place - hopefully one of the academy players is ready to be 3rd choice now that Gazzaniga has shown himself an able backup for Lloris.

Probably just frees it so that Foyth can be registered fir the CL.

Can we pay off Vorm?

According to Physioroom.com we've had 38 individual injuries since the start of the season.

Does anyone know who is keeping track of actual minutes lost to injury?
They used to do a days lost to injury table but cannot locate one for this season :confused:

Best I can find is:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/sperrenundverletzungen/verein/148/plus/1

Dembele: 22 games over 92 days
Wanyama: 19 games over 94 days
Vertonghen: 18 games over 85 days
Dier: 13 games over 46 days
Sanchez: 12 games over 50 days
Sissoko: 11 games over 49 days
Aurier: 11 games over 39 days
Rose: 9 games over 49 days
Eriksen: 6 games over 28 days
Lloris: 6 games over 35 days
Vorm: 6 games over 30 days
Trippier: 5 games over 25 days
Moura: 5 games over 20 days
Kane: 1 game over 8 days
Dele: 1 game over 2 days

Have to rotate heavily for Palace and accept that we may have to sacrifice it.

PL top 4, plus a decent CL run and the prospect of a league cup final is plenty to go at, with top 4 absolutely trumping an FA cup run in these circumstances.

I fear you’re right about Palace. I’d put out mostly reserves to be honest and if we get through it’s a bonus.

We all want a trophy and you hear fans and pundits say “you should target the league cup or FA Cup” but this is the cost of that. You can’t run our players into the ground on four fronts, particularly after signing no one in the summer, without risking the chances of this happening. And I can’t imagine many fans who’d be happy to play the stiffs in the league or CL last 16.

I fear you’re right about Palace. I’d put out mostly reserves to be honest and if we get through it’s a bonus.

We all want a trophy and you hear fans and pundits say “you should target the league cup or FA Cup” but this is the cost of that. You can’t run our players into the ground on four fronts, particularly after signing no one in the summer, without risking the chances of this happening. And I can’t imagine many fans who’d be happy to play the stiffs in the league or CL last 16.

We have 2 forward injuries and 1 away on international duty

That’s not a lot of injuries.

Its down to recruitment and not playing first team in cups.

Something which is going to probably make this worse is Lamela getting injured which happens pretty frequently. Hopefully he can at least last until Son is back.

It is a lot of injuries for that area of the team. Three of our best attackers out at the same time? Imagine the black armbands and obituaries that would be written if Liverpoo Football Club were missing Saha, Firmino and Mane al at the same time.

It is a lot of injuries for that area of the team. Three of our best attackers out at the same time? Imagine the black armbands and obituaries that would be written if Liverpoo Football Club were missing Saha, Firmino and Mane al at the same time.
One can only hope, alas the footballing gods (refs and media) are well and truly on their side this season.

They’re two of our better players and we’ve had more injuries, I’d venture a guess, than any topclub this season. We’re a bit unlucky Alli and Kane got injured for over a month together and at the same time Son was away but we increased the chances of it happening by not really rotating them and fighting on four fronts while not strengthening the squad.

When is Sissoko back? Definitley rotate for Palace. Lets see what some of the kids can do. With the squad stretched and physically pressures on the fit players not relenting, we need to play the kids in the FA cup, then focus our energies on the PL, CL and final if we progress past chelsea.

I don’t know how that shower are getting away without injuries to key players this season. Surely the law of averages has to catch up on them. Nothing too serious, just a pulled hamstring for Can Dijk and/or Salah would be nice.

The neck of Klopp to say a few weeks ago bemoaning injuries and saying that he wishes he had a full squad like us.

When is Sissoko back? Definitley rotate for Palace. Lets see what some of the kids can do. With the squad stretched and physically pressures on the fit players not relenting, we need to play the kids in the FA cup, then focus our energies on the PL, CL and final if we progress past chelsea.

So we go for as best we can against Chelsea, agreed!
Palace, I’d box clever and rest the likes of Winks and Eriksen or whoever!
Priorities are the top four!

So milk cup semi final with out our front 2.

Then a trip to crystal Palace in the FA cup.

Then Watford @ home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine @ home, Leicester @ home.

Borussia Dortmund @ home, Burnley away and Chelsea away.

Eeek and that's only February and the end of Jan.
You're missing the big one

So we go for as best we can against Chelsea, agreed!
Palace, I’d box clever and rest the likes of Winks and Eriksen or whoever!
Priorities are the top four!

And creat the 'romance of the cup' by playing the youth team. Spirit of the cup. With a few first teamers they could spring an upset.

I don’t know how that shower are getting away without injuries to key players this season. Surely the law of averages has to catch up on them. Nothing too serious, just a pulled hamstring for Can Dijk and/or Salah would be nice.

The neck of Klopp to say a few weeks ago bemoaning injuries and saying that he wishes he had a full squad like us.
Same way Leicester did when we bottled the title*.

*we didn't bottle the title

Back