• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Here's some other stats to inject into the discussion, from this season: (I've injected Lampard in there too for rough comparison)

First the number of passes attempted per 90 minutes:

Harry Winks 74.8
Victor Wanyama 71.7
Mousa Dembélé 68.3
Christian Eriksen 62.5
Frank Lampard 55 (roughly, between 2009 and 2012)
Moussa Sissoko 54.4
Erik Lamela 53.7
Dele Alli 37.9
Son Heung-Min 36.6
Harry Kane 19.1

> Suggests that in possession Alli's more of a 'second striker' or very attacking midfielder, like Son.

And combined tackles and interceptions per 90 minutes:

Victor Wanyama 4.4
Mousa Dembélé 3.3
Erik Lamela 3.2
Harry Winks 3.0
Frank Lampard 3 (roughly, betweem 2009 and 2012)
Christian Eriksen 2.2
Moussa Sissoko 2.2
Dele Alli 2.1
Son Heung-Min 1.0
Harry Kane 0.8

> Suggests that defensively he's working harder and/or playing deeper than Son - more like other deeper attacking midfielders Eriksen and Sissoko
Whats the source? Can only find average per game rather than 90 minutes

There seems to be such an air of despondency from the club. I can’t get my head around whether I think it’s a good or a bad thing. It’s like, I think up to this point today the players thought they could win every game and would definitely win the cup, but both Dele and Poch’s interviews suggest that agree we are perhaps a ‘nearly’ club to use Rose’s words.

Simeone would often come out with some pretty dispondent stuff when Atletico lost the CL final, and he’s still there. But for a time he starts talking about whether he may not be the right guy. Maybe it’s understandable, and a good sign that the players do believe. And maybe it’s hard to envisage being the right man when everything you’ve believed in has not worked out.

But they really do need to pick themselves up for the last 4 games.

There seems to be such an air of despondency from the club. I can’t get my head around whether I think it’s a good or a bad thing. It’s like, I think up to this point today the players thought they could win every game and would definitely win the cup, but both Dele and Poch’s interviews suggest that agree we are perhaps a ‘nearly’ club to use Rose’s words.

Simeone would often come out with some pretty dispondent stuff when Atletico lost the CL final, and he’s still there. But for a time he starts talking about whether he may not be the right guy. Maybe it’s understandable, and a good sign that the players do believe. And maybe it’s hard to envisage being the right man when everything you’ve believed in has not worked out.

But they really do need to pick themselves up for the last 4 games.
He’s a 22 year old ultra-competitor who has just walked off the Wembley pitch after a semi-final defeat, of course he sounds miserable and despondent. They will learn and grow from this and improve.

It shows how much he cares

Also shows he wants to win things, even the FA Cup which won't change peoples lives apparently. He will be winning these things somewhere else within 12 months based on our ability to provide that environment for him

I actually was pleased to see his reaction to losing, i have always thought that to become a major winner ( at sport) you have to feel the hurt of losing big games, it makes the best players determined to not let it happen again. Lets hope that he and the others learn from it because its one way to get the WINNERS mentality we lack at the moment.

Back