• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

this boy is just 22, he could be "anything" in a few years, love his diverse upbringing, having played in macedonia, sweden and italy already, looks like conte is bringing out the best in him.

I genuinely think some fans judge a player by their looks / name if they know nothing about them. When we signed him i think people were abit sceptical because he was not some tanned brazilian with nice hair. After his debut a few on here were talking about how slow and beefy he looked and i am glad he is showing what he can do. This guy could end up being Son’s long term replacement and could quite easily become even better as not only can he finish he is super creative. I love this guy.

Probably more because he was benched at Juve and seen as a bit of a flop.

In general though there's a point there, he's unfashionable compared to other signings and so goes under the radar outside of Spurs as a result

In general though there's a point there, he's unfashionable compared to other signings and so goes under the radar outside of Spurs as a result

Will be back on any radar worth mentioning if he keeps playing like this and continuing with regular end product.

Could be a gem of a player.

He's not under the radar to anyone who watched MotD on Saturday. Ian Wright's a big fan, highlighting how Kulu always plays the right ball when given space.

The thing is, a team isn't going to be able to stay tight on Kulu, Son AND Kane. This bodes very well indeed.

He's not under the radar to anyone who watched MotD on Saturday. Ian Wright's a big fan, highlighting how Kulu always plays the right ball when given space.

The thing is, a team isn't going to be able to stay tight on Kulu, Son AND Kane. This bodes very well indeed.
Exactly, what's the point of highlighting every single person as "the danger man" in your opposition instructions when it's half the team? They'll end up with giant holes and gaps as their defenders get pulled all over the pitch.

Exactly, what's the point of highlighting every single person as "the danger man" in your opposition instructions when it's half the team? They'll end up with giant holes and gaps as their defenders get pulled all over the pitch.

I think City might suffer from that, they have a lot of very talented players but now opposition will know just to close down Haaland as an attacking threat. Defend deep. Haaland will still be a big threat but city might become more predictable and this could make them easier at times to defend against.

I think City might suffer from that, they have a lot of very talented players but now opposition will know just to close down Haaland as an attacking threat. Defend deep. Haaland will still be a big threat but city might become more predictable and this could make them easier at times to defend against.
On the one hand, I agree with this since City were using him as the focal point yesterday. But as it's City, they can have goals coming in from half their team. It worked at times against Dortmund though, teams just marked out Haaland and that was it, and then he basically throws a tantrum after the match.
Imagine Romero on Haaland's heels for the whole match, he's going to be dropping a lot more "fruity language" in his post-match interviews.

What I don't quite get is that he looks good at so many things. End product, can cut inside, stay wide, operate deeper, link play, counter attack, get out of tight spaces.

Knowing nothing other than his career here with us I would have thought he was the kind of player that could do well in just about every team and setup.

Just our system and Conte masking his deficiencies to the point that they're difficult to even spot? Or how exactly did it go wrong at Juventus?

Short answer, Massimiliano Allegri.

Allegri came in and changed the way Juventus played, tinkled off a few "star" players (Ronaldo) and didn't give players that weren't his signings a chance to show him what they could do.

Allegri signed bentancur and ronaldo. Ronaldo left before allegri came back.

Perisic and Bentancur especially should be able to exploit this.

Interesting comment by Kulusevski and what Conte wants him to work on.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/kul...t-message-from-spurs-boss/blt6cbcb8835742b1ae

Wants even more of that direct, go at them, high intensity purposeful attacking. Difficult to say, but I think Kulusevski took steps in that direction last season. But may just be him settling in and finding form.

If Kulusevski can improve that area of his game I think he'll be a real special player. Attitude as much as skill or ability, just sheer force of will relentless drive for goals, end product, causing problems for defenders.

Interesting comment by Kulusevski and what Conte wants him to work on.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/kul...t-message-from-spurs-boss/blt6cbcb8835742b1ae

Wants even more of that direct, go at them, high intensity purposeful attacking. Difficult to say, but I think Kulusevski took steps in that direction last season. But may just be him settling in and finding form.

If Kulusevski can improve that area of his game I think he'll be a real special player. Attitude as much as skill or ability, just sheer force of will relentless drive for goals, end product, causing problems for defenders.

Good to hear. I would like to see him play like Arjen Robben did. They share that sort of upright style in addition to the left footedness.

Do you think it's possible to squeeze out some extra pace in a fully grown PL player? Or is it too late? What about if you bought in some retired GB Olympic sprinter or coach? Do you think you could get an extra 5% or something out of them?

Do you think it's possible to squeeze out some extra pace in a fully grown PL player? Or is it too late? What about if you bought in some retired GB Olympic sprinter or coach? Do you think you could get an extra 5% or something out of them?

Possibly for a straight sprint. Footballers rarely do a straight sprint though. They are physically trained to be able to change direction quickly. Very different technique.

Back