• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Of course i agree its early days for sure and we have seen new players start well over the years but never pushed on, just get the feeling that this one will. Lets hope so because his talent is not in doubt. imo
Even if he doesn't "push on", he's already proven to be quality player, so doesn't really need to become better to deliver at this level. But I think he will only get better.

Neither Winks nor Dele are players who should be compared to Kulu wrt to position/role - the player he has come in and upgraded on is Moura

It's kind of more Eriksen though, in the sense it's an indirect player in the front 3 or 4 (Eriksen also tended to come in from the narrow right in the classic DESK line-up).

I was never keen on playing Son with Moura or Bergwijn, just because (while great on the break) that never gave us much of an option against deep set defences. Kulusevski is a lock picker, which is what we've needed for 3 years.

It's kind of more Eriksen though, in the sense it's an indirect player in the front 3 or 4 (Eriksen also tended to come in from the narrow right in the classic DESK line-up).

I was never keen on playing Son with Moura or Bergwijn, just because (while great on the break) that never gave us much of an option against deep set defences. Kulusevski is a lock picker, which is what we've needed for 3 years.

Don't forget we have Lock pickers LoCelso and NDombele to come back ....... :-| (shudder...)

Don't forget we have Lock pickers LoCelso and NDombele to come back ....... :-| (shudder...)
That was part of the mistake, both are Bentancur's. Neither are as good or as effective but his role is the one both of them should have been played in. We wasted our and their time forcing them into roles they didn't suit. Especially LoCelso stuck out on the right wing. [emoji2297]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Not just a lock picker, a conduit through which play goes through. How many times we've seen a move just died with Moura's dead alley runs or Wink's back passes.

Not just a lock picker, a conduit through which play goes through. How many times we've seen a move just died with Moura's dead alley runs or Wink's back passes.
100%
The ball would got to him to die
We would get freak bounced and sometimes stunning goals but it wasn’t because of team play and tactics

If Winks had had a Kulu to pass to it’d have been much easaier for him. Mourinho set him back years, as he nearly did our whole team.

Back