• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

21. Can play right inside forward, CF, #8.

I posted something about him a couple weeks back and a couple people picked holes at comments about playing him in CM.

I could see us doing this, perhaps for £25m-£30m, and then selling GLC for similar money

He's not the creator we need, but in place of GLC, Dele or Ndombele, it would be a smart move given he's more fitting with what the manager wants/needs

I posted something about him a couple weeks back and a couple people picked holes at comments about playing him in CM.

I could see us doing this, perhaps for £25m-£30m, and then selling GLC for similar money

He's not the creator we need, but in place of GLC, Dele or Ndombele, it would be a smart move given he's more fitting with what the manager wants/needs

He played in CM for Atalanta. We'd probably need to play 3-5-2 to accommodate him there but his flexibility may be attractive. I'd see the main attraction him being able to cover Kane and Moura, if we are unable to bring in any of our primary striker targets in January. Stopgap cover with a life beyond the end of the season.

He played in CM for Atalanta. We'd probably need to play 3-5-2 to accommodate him there but his flexibility may be attractive. I'd see the main attraction him being able to cover Kane and Moura, if we are unable to bring in any of our primary striker targets in January. Stopgap cover with a life beyond the end of the season.

Agree about the flexibility....though sometimes the danger with those players is that they're ok in 3 positions but not great in any

If we can get him for £25m-£30m though, would be hard to lose money on him and Swedes are generally lower risk. Plus the physical side of the PL should be fine for him

Not one to set the pulses racing, but sensible enough at the right price, and he can hardly add less that some of our CM options

Agree about the flexibility....though sometimes the danger with those players is that they're ok in 3 positions but not great in any

If we can get him for £25m-£30m though, would be hard to lose money on him and Swedes are generally lower risk. Plus the physical side of the PL should be fine for him

Not one to set the pulses racing, but sensible enough at the right price, and he can hardly add less that some of our CM options

I think that we'd primarily sign him as a right inside forward but his flexibility could be useful this season where bringing in a lot of players in Jan will be difficult

I think that we'd primarily sign him as a right inside forward but his flexibility could be useful this season where bringing in a lot of players in Jan will be difficult
How does a right inside forward fit into a conte system?
his scoring record is pretty poor… well very poor TBH

Wikipedia suggests his main role is through the middle behind the strikers but is versatile and hasn been used in a wide variety of positions in attack & midfield

Fwiw

Wikipedia suggests his main role is through the middle behind the strikers but is versatile and hasn been used in a wide variety of positions in attack & midfield

Fwiw

His Who Scored data from this year.

Screenshot-20211231-082130.png

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/355855/Show/Dejan-Kulusevski

Here's his FB Ref data as a wide player

Screenshot-20211231-082813.png

And here's his data as a forward

Screenshot-20211231-082832.png

I like GLC and think is potentially a top player however for various reasons it hasnt worked out for him at Spurs. Also not clear to me how he fits into Conte's system

Therefore if this swap deal is possible, and we get a younger player who is possbly more likely to succeed in the PL, and it solves a problem with offloading GLC, it seems like an obvious deal to do, even though I think GLC is probably worth more

That's a good call. We apparently want a RWB this window and haven't been linked with many at all

Haven't seen nearly enough of him to say so more of a question to those that may have rather than a call as such.

Stats would be a decent fit with a wing back role, but so much more to it than that.

So not a lot of goals to be expected.

Could he play as a wing back for us?

Not so far in his career.

I think that the main appeal of him in January is that he can cover a few positions where we are short but could have a role with us beyond this season. I don't think that he has ever played RWB, I'd be surprised if that was what we had in mind.

Back