• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

@HotspurRelated: DeAndre Yedlin will join Tottenham Hotspur next month after getting a Latvian passport, via @JakeFCohen.

Cool! (If true)

Won't be expecting too much straight away. Expecting him to be a backup to Walker at first, but I do think half a season in and around the squad and getting some games here and there could help him do better next season.

Confirmation that Yedlin will join Spurs this month

Yedlin To Spurs In December

GM Adrian Hanauer also announced they anticipate DeAndre Yedlin to make his switch to Barclay’s Premier League side Tottenham Hotsput around the middle to end of December, ahead of the opening of the January transfer window. The player, the Sounders and Spurs reached an agreement on Yedlin’s transfer back in August following an impressive debut for the United States National team at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Sigi had a reaction to DeAndre’s impending move, praising the young defender for doing things the right way and continuing to work hard.

Here’s hoping both DeAndre Yedlin and Sigi Schmid’s Sounders experience more and more success!

http://soundersnation.com/2014/12/0...tension-sigi-schmid-yedlin-transfer-timeline/

That's ridiculous for Spurs - effectively giving him a pre-season with the team to bed in ahead of getting business done on the first day of the window

How much have you seen of him? How quickly do you think he'll be able to make a real impact in the Premier League?

I have only seen the highlights. But one thing that will help his transition is that he has pace. Pace can cover up for a lot of sins in early days. One thing I would say though that with Yedlin joining us now, we will have 4 right backs when Fredericks returns. And he has been playing very well from all accounts. Similar to Yedlin in that he has great pace on him and a good cross.

Seems we will be overloaded and its a shame to actually put another player in front of Fredericks just because we bought him. I wonder if Naughtons days may be numbered?

Naughton has been heavily linked with Swansea. Imagine it will be Walker and Yedlin competing, unless Walker's injury is more serious then maybe Fredericks will have a role to play - doesnt he have pace aswell?

Confirmation that Yedlin will join Spurs this month

Yedlin To Spurs In December

GM Adrian Hanauer also announced they anticipate DeAndre Yedlin to make his switch to Barclay’s Premier League side Tottenham Hotsput around the middle to end of December, ahead of the opening of the January transfer window. The player, the Sounders and Spurs reached an agreement on Yedlin’s transfer back in August following an impressive debut for the United States National team at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Sigi had a reaction to DeAndre’s impending move, praising the young defender for doing things the right way and continuing to work hard.

Here’s hoping both DeAndre Yedlin and Sigi Schmid’s Sounders experience more and more success!

http://soundersnation.com/2014/12/0...tension-sigi-schmid-yedlin-transfer-timeline/

Nice to see Sounders FC having a good connection with Tottenham Hotspot.:rio:

I like the fact we are signing the lad, but like Sandman, I'm bothered that a promising homegrown player like Fredericks will likely be shown the door. Yedlin, may turn out to be awesome, though I very much doubt we will see that for at least a year. From reading various accounts online after a couple of his more recent international games, it seems that his passing is an area of concern. Any regular MLS watchers able to confirm? (I read one of those twitter posts where people were USA fans were saying his passing wasn't good enough for the EPL).

I like the fact we are signing the lad, but like Sandman, I'm bothered that a promising homegrown player like Fredericks will likely be shown the door. Yedlin, may turn out to be awesome, though I very much doubt we will see that for at least a year. From reading various accounts online after a couple of his more recent international games, it seems that his passing is an area of concern. Any regular MLS watchers able to confirm? (I read one of those twitter posts where people were USA fans were saying his passing wasn't good enough for the EPL).

Well you can also read posters on here suggesting Kane isn't good enough for the Premier League, so I suggest you use your own eyes to form an opinion when he's here....

I have only seen the highlights. But one thing that will help his transition is that he has pace. Pace can cover up for a lot of sins in early days. One thing I would say though that with Yedlin joining us now, we will have 4 right backs when Fredericks returns. And he has been playing very well from all accounts. Similar to Yedlin in that he has great pace on him and a good cross.

Seems we will be overloaded and its a shame to actually put another player in front of Fredericks just because we bought him. I wonder if Naughtons days may be numbered?

True about pace. Still, huge step up. Patience is in order I think

Probably Naughton is first in line for a move out, with Dier and Chiriches doing alright as cover at right back to and Walker on the way back we have plenty of options at least.

As you say shame for Fredericks, but still early for him. I'm guessing he'll be hoping for a PL loan next season if all works out. For both of them though the 24 year old Kyle Walker is the man to beat to get regular first team football...

True about pace. Still, huge step up. Patience is in order I think

Probably Naughton is first in line for a move out, with Dier and Chiriches doing alright as cover at right back to and Walker on the way back we have plenty of options at least.

As you say shame for Fredericks, but still early for him. I'm guessing he'll be hoping for a PL loan next season if all works out. For both of them though the 24 year old Kyle Walker is the man to beat to get regular first team football...

I agree Walker is the Man to beat out. Yedling and Fredericks are very similar in style and they in turn are similar to Walker. Maybe a Premier League loan for Fredericks next season will be a good thing. Maybe we should keep Naughton as backup to Walker and loan out Yedlin as well.

I have seen a fair bit of Yedlin he is a really exciting prospect. Honestly, reminds me a lot of Walker when he first got in the team. He has blistering pace and good crossing ability but still learning his positioning. His pace bails him out a lot in that respect but he needs to improve. That being said in the last year I think he has made great strides in reading the game which is a good sign. With Walker and Naughton as well as Vlad and Dier who can cover at RB I think a loan move may be the best route for him for the second half of this season.

The other option which is a good possibility is he might end up being a like for like replacement for Lennon as a RM. He is very good going forward and beating his man since that is a spot we need some cover in we may decide to hang on to him rather than loan and see if he can break into the side.

I have seen a fair bit of Yedlin he is a really exciting prospect. Honestly, reminds me a lot of Walker when he first got in the team. He has blistering pace and good crossing ability but still learning his positioning. His pace bails him out a lot in that respect but he needs to improve. That being said in the last year I think he has made great strides in reading the game which is a good sign. With Walker and Naughton as well as Vlad and Dier who can cover at RB I think a loan move may be the best route for him for the second half of this season.

The other option which is a good possibility is he might end up being a like for like replacement for Lennon as a RM. He is very good going forward and beating his man since that is a spot we need some cover in we may decide to hang on to him rather than loan and see if he can break into the side.

Cheers. :)

What would you say to the comment above from Cochise that people have been raising concerns about his passing?

Cheers. :)

What would you say to the comment above from Cochise that people have been raising concerns about his passing?

Technically I think he is very good on the ball he does tend to have some loose passing but I would say it's more to him still learning his trade and maybe trying to do too much rather than keeping it simple. I think that will continue to improve as he gets more experience. He has only had two years of playing professional football. He was playing university/college football just over two years ago which is a far cry from the level players in England/Europe are playing at youth levels. So that is a double edged sword. To be the player he is already with very little experience says he can end up being really really good but also it may take him a while to get adjusted from such a drastic jump in competition on a weekly basis.

Technically I think he is very good on the ball he does tend to have some loose passing but I would say it's more to him still learning his trade and maybe trying to do too much rather than keeping it simple. I think that will continue to improve as he gets more experience. He has only had two years of playing professional football. He was playing university/college football just over two years ago which is a far cry from the level players in England/Europe are playing at youth levels. So that is a double edged sword. To be the player he is already with very little experience says he can end up being really really good but also it may take him a while to get adjusted from such a drastic jump in competition on a weekly basis.

Sounds like he might need a loan spell, maybe to a Championship team, just to help with his adjustment.

Cool, thanks again. :) Sounds very promising.

I have no issues with young players sometimes making mistakes because they're being too ambitious on the ball. Much prefer that to a shortage of actual ability.

Him being a bit versatile and also a winger option won't hurt.

I'm guessing since we're bringing him in "early" it's not to send him out on loan, could be that a PL loan is better for him at this point than MLS football though. Who knows...

Sounds like he might need a loan spell, maybe to a Championship team, just to help with his adjustment.

Yeah I suspect that may be the case, although to be fair to him you can look at matches like he played against Belgium in WC for instance where he was one of the best players on the pitch. Consistency is the concern though with all young players, so I suppose Poch and the staff will evaluate for a few weeks before January and see what is best for him. It probably also hinges on injuries/form of the other players we have on the right side.

Back