• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

Maybe that will be his best position Naja, but if he is to play for us I'm not so sure. Poch gets players in to fit his system and he fits it as a full back who raids down the wing a la Rose on the left. Poch doesn't play out and out wingers who will hit the byline - otherwise I'm pretty sure Lennon would have got more of a look in...

Left???? I did not mention him playing on the left.

Oh I get it, as an inverted winger, no this kid should be playing on the right flank
I'm not convinced that we should change our entire formation to accommodate some American kid.

In fact there's probably only about 10 players in the world I consider good enough to be worth changing formation for.

I'm not convinced that we should change our entire formation to accommodate some American kid.

In fact there's probably only about 10 players in the world I consider good enough to be worth changing formation for.

I question Mopo's inflexibility regarding this formation in the first place, I am simply not convinced that inverted wingers is the best option with the manpower we currently possess

I am getting a feeling that it will be very hard for Yedlin to make it at the top level. He is fast and can take people on. However, his first touch is severely lacking. This seems to be a common problem with American players.

I am getting a feeling that it will be very hard for Yedlin to make it at the top level. He is fast and can take people on. However, his first touch is severely lacking. This seems to be a common problem with American players.

What do you think about Walker?

What do you think about Walker?

Walker's first touch is better than Yedlin's. I am based in the USA and watched almost all of the USA Men's matches. Yedlin plays as a RW while Walker plays as RB so maybe it is apples to oranges. Regardless, Yedlin's touches further up-field in tight situation is not there.

Pace is a great equalizer ..can forgive many sins ..

Re the American players, it's more the fact that they seem to think (or have been taught) that you get two touches for every play (one to control, next to push/pass/shoot). Yet if you watch the very best players, it's one touch a lot more often than not (was a youtube of Messi/Ronaldo's 100+ goals a few seasons ago, and it was striking how many of their goals were hit first time, regardless of position/distance).

I think Yedlin's biggest issue is adjusting to the pace/lack of time given at PL level (and touch needs to improve to accommodate that). I wouldn't give up on him yet, as he has shown against some pretty good international teams, he can be dangerous.

[QUOTE="NewYorkSpurs]
Nice play by Yedlin yesterday on the Dempsey goal.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that was a nice run, nice bit of awareness. Strange that he didn't go for goal himself but pleasing that he knew where the support was and put it on a plate.

I would worry about Yedlin playing right back, but am keen to see him further forward in cup games etc.

Back