• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Deadline Day - One Signing

Cavani for example can play in both positions

Personally I'd go for a striker who can play out wide if needed (similar to Suarez) rather than a winger who can fill in behind the target man - i.e. Dembele

How badly is our style and shape affected when either Bale or Lennon or both are not available?

A lot, but that's because we don't really have anyone else who is either quick or has the outrageous ball control to not need speed. Modric can burst through gaps, but that is intelligence rather than trickery and requires a gap... Which is why he is better going through the middle.

I have been convinced that we need a winger more than a striker. Id wait till the summer for a striker but we definitely need a winger.

Id rather our team creating opportunities rather than not creating and having no opportunities to score.

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

Moved to Sporting last year after serious injury - doing well.

Like this kid, reminds me of the r*p*st down the road. Been banging the drum for him past 3 windows.

Remy would be ideal. Unfortunately Marseille wont sell and i get the impression Remy wants to join someone bigger than us

Xherdan Shaqiri

I've spoke about it numerous times in the transfer rumour thread.

Has the ability to be VdV, even exceed that to be like Tevez.
And completely gettable for €15m.

Sell Pav

Last edited:
Xherdan Shaqiri

I've spoke about it numerous times in the transfer rumour thread.

Has the ability to be VdV, even exceed that to be like Tevez.
And completely gettable for €15m.

Sell Pav

It took me a while to realise you weren't talking about Shefki Kuqi. I'm sitting here thinking "nice swan dive but this poster is on fudging drugs or something"! Never seen the lad, you likey hey?

Nothing major should ever happen in January. As much as we want it to, the summer is when the serious business happens.

Jan = stop gaps and bargains.

Back