• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Deadline Day - One Signing

Cavani would be my choice, but probably unrealistic. I want a name that brings out our intentions, to our own players, the fans, and the opponents.

Tarik Elyounoussi.

This is the 'what number of ridiculous players can we be linked with by the end of the window' thread yes?

never in a million years but id like Llorente

much more likely to be Mandzukic

"Marseille president Vincent Labrune confirms he turned down an ?ú18m bid from Tottenham for striker Remy earlier this month"

This would suggest:

a) We have the money to spend and the desire to do so
b) We are after that elusive 'forward'

I guess if we don't sign anyone up front, then you can't deny we're not wanting to do so - just don't want to sign the wrong target. Would hope we have more than one target, but then perhaps all our targets are simply out of scope for this window.

I think this window (and definately early in the summer window) is NOT just about addressing our weakness up front its also about Bale, Modric and to a lesser extent Ade and Sandro.

These players HAVE to see Tottenham shift up another gear or they will be gone in the summer (Modric and Ade) or the summer after (Bale and Sandro)

I understand we have a wage structure, i know we are trying to get a new stadium built and i know Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea have (effectively) unlimited funds but there is a definite possibility of Spurs securing a top 4 position or better for the next 3-5yrs with the chaos at Liverpool and Arsenal and Chelsea's aging squad.

We absolutely missed an opportunity last summer/january, another 5-10 goals from somewhere/anywhere/anyone and we would have got top 4 again, it was shockingly obvious our front line wasn't doing the business.

We blew anything from what? 20-30mil in champions league money anyway by not qualifying, i would rather have seen that blown on one of two players.

Whats the chances of us doing a Leeds? i am sick of hearing that, Spurs have shat HUGE amounts of money on second string dross over the last 5-10yrs and yet here we still are.

SIGN SOMEONE, we need a statement of intent. its GOOD business, not bad business.

Why Hazard - I would have thought our width/wingers is the strongest aspect of our game. Lennon to the bench?

While our width/wingers are indeed the strongest part of our game, this only goes to further expose just how weak a part of the SQUAD it is.

We rely on this aspect so much, and yet have only one able body on either side. No back up at all. Shocking really.

So next it would be Lennon following in the footsteps of Pienaar and Krunchie following one year on the bench - i.e. wanting out

I'd go for key areas first - i.e. CB and a CF?

Not very glamourous, but if only able to get one player I owuld probably go for Hoilett.

Single handedly covers either flank. 3 into 2 leaves room for lots of rotation - everyones happy.

Quick, but without the pace of Bale/Lennon. However, excellent in tight spaces, knows where the goals is, will provide width AND support to striker(s), uses the ball very intelligently and is a top dribbler.

All things that would make him preferred back up to offer contiuity than anyone else we have.

A new striker would have course be welcome as well, but for the matter of retaining a winning playing style I think a winger is more important

Back