• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Deadline Day - One Signing

ArcspacE

Banned
Name your choice

Mine has been (and for the last 12-16 odd months)

- Fernando Llorente

If the rumours are remotely true he's available, personally I'd be disappointed to hear we didn't investigate any further, especially considering those embarassing last-minute alleged bids for random players 12 months ago - desperation deluxe. One would have thought this time around we could have/should have prepared our bids a little more thoroughly. Righto.

He'd fit my bill perefectly in terms of investment vs. long term return vs. ability vs. player characteristics. Also give us a much needed alternative focal point upfront (besides Ade who' wages are probably triple what we could realistically afford next season)

Here's hoping

Why Hazard - I would have thought our width/wingers is the strongest aspect of our game. Lennon to the bench?

A big frontman - think Samba but a striker. With some technique too :D

Ideally a permanent signing in case Ade isn't signed.

Why Hazard - I would have thought our width/wingers is the strongest aspect of our game. Lennon to the bench?

Well, ideally I would like Cavani but, as I've been told many times that this won't happen, I've chosen another. I chose not to repeat mentioned names but wanted a World class player whose signing might may it more likely that we attract new players in the summer.

Add in the additional competition for places and he wouldn't oust the one player but instead we would choose best team on form and attitude which, all things said, is how it should be, not simply picking same team every game.

for some reason I'm hoping for a loan deal of an experienced striker, bring back Eider. Those are the kind of January signings I like!

If we're going to jizz 20m plus on a striker I'd like them to have a full pre season to settle in, it's not easy coming in to a different culture and being expected to hit the ground running, some time to bed in can't hurt.

has anyone actually seen eden hazard play, or is the hype here just a classic case of bandwagonism?

If we're going to jizz 20m plus on a striker I'd like them to have a full pre season to settle in, it's not easy coming in to a different culture and being expected to hit the ground running, some time to bed in can't hurt.

Why not sign him up now? More time to settle in. (e.g. Sandro)

Last edited:
Ive seen Hazard, Winger with tricks and tekkers rather than pace and power, looks the real deal to me! But fear he will end up else where!

How badly is our style and shape affected when either Bale or Lennon or both are not available? Hazard is a great talent, with arguable ethics much like most modern footballers. Would probable be signed then in 2 seasons talked up a move to Barca or Madrid.

Also agree that any signings would be pragmatic and effective from immediately - i.e. no bedding in period necessary. We need players that can influence so the kid from Brazil is highly unlikely.

Back