• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DEADLINE DAY Doo Doo's (Predictions and general shyte)

Out - Holtby, Sandro, Townsend, Lennon
In - Stambouli, Sadio Mane, Welbeck

Do you know, to me, something like that would actually weaken us quite a lot.

Losing our only genuine DM, our best through-ball player and all our attacking pace, and replacing it with two unknowns and a horribly mediocre player.

I suppose at least it would make us some decent money for the stadium.

In (for as cheap as possible)...

1) another solid centre back (Musacchio doesn't seem likely now, but letting Kaboul and Fryers go means I'd like a new guy to come in - and one good enough to challenge for the first team right away)
2) a creative midfielder who can reliably get a forward pass to its intended target (is that man Schneiderlin? If so, get him in!)
3) a wide forward intelligent enough to be that target (Rodriguez? Wellbeck? I honestly don't know who is both available at a price we can afford and good enough to do the job, but whoever it is, we need them).
So what you are aiming for here is basically 1) The fairy queen 2) The easter Bunny and 3) Santa Claus or any other mythical creatures that doesn't exsist.....

Do you know, to me, something like that would actually weaken us quite a lot.

Losing our only genuine DM, our best through-ball player and all our attacking pace, and replacing it with two unknowns and a horribly mediocre player.

I suppose at least it would make us some decent money for the stadium.

But Mane would be replacing the pace aspect. I'd say he's a good mix of the two outgoing pacey wingers: matches whatever positional awareness and passing abilities lennon has, and can also be equally as direct as townsend. He is thoug, without doubt, more skillful and tricky than both of them. Plays naturally on the left despite being right footed. Would be a brilliant, under the radar acquisition, imho of course.

So what you are aiming for here is basically 1) The fairy queen 2) The easter Bunny and 3) Santa Claus or any other mythical creatures that doesn't exsist.....

Yup. Precisely. But I thought that was already implied when I said that would be my ideal "Football Manager on the PC" scenario.

I then went on to make a rather different prediction of what I think might actually happen today.

My wild prediction:

Loan swap involving Soldado and Tevez.

My sensible predictions:

Scheiderlin in, Welbeck on loan.

Gut wrenching departures:

Sandro and Holtby

Happy/indifferent departures:

Townsend and Paulinho

We know City, United and probably Chelski still have to flog players....this is gonna be excitingggg.

I think Chelski have stopped selling players as a matter of policy. Abramovich has got a kind of "real life Panini stickers" thing going on. He wants to collect the registration of every professional footballer in the world and loan them all out again.

We know City, United and probably Chelski still have to flog players....this is gonna be excitingggg.

No it won't. No matter how much SSN hype it, it's always a damp squid.

Wait till 9pm when nothing has happened and something like David Nugent to Sunderland is the big climax of the day.

SSN's Spurs "source" claims:

- Townsend staying (damn!)
- Stambouli deal done

- Sandro and Lennon to QPR
- Holtby out

I want us to make three Signings today....(Not asking much)

Scheiderlin
Stambouli
Bony

Just imagine if we pulled that off today, then yesterday's defeat would be a distant memory and the feel good factor would return.

I think if we don't sign anyone of substance today we will have two long weeks moaning and groaning until the next match comes along.

Townsend wil leave today no doubt. Southampton just bid 15m from Sky. Id say give Townsend for 17m plus 5m cash for Schneiderlin

SSN now saying Southampton have made a new bid of £15m for Townsend.

If true, we'd be insane not to take it.

Bony, Nastasic, Stambouli and Konoplyanka please.
Get rid of Holtby, Soldado, Bentaleb (loan) and one of Lennon or Townsend

Back