• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DEADLINE DAY Doo Doo's (Predictions and general shyte)

In:
Stambouli
Welbeck

Out:
Holtby
Sandro
Lennon
Ceballos (loan)
Khumalo

So all that would be ok, however it wouldnt solve our lack of a CM who can pass the ball nor find a partner for Verts

What's happened to the Stambouli deal? Thought it was pretty much certain?

Seems pretty close to completion.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's dependent on other stuff happening though. Either Sandro or Holtby leaving, Schneiderlin definitely not happening or some combination of those.

IN
Schneiderlin
Welbeck loan
Stambouli

OUT
Townsend PX
Fryers loan

all look likely. Ceballos and Carroll loan too but to non prem so there is no rush, may wait till league cup is a couple of games in.

Think we need some wild cards in here though....

IN
Karim Benzema
Andrea Pirlo

OUT
Robert Soldado - Spain
Paulinho - Italy

Would love it if a Levy Special appeared tomorrow. We need some midfield creativity desperately or alternatively someone who can beat a man in the final third. Unfortunatley cant see it happening

Carroll is already at Swansea on loan isn't he?

Interesting post from Mumorn in the Townsend thread about a possible Townsend plus cash for Rodriguez. How close is he to being fit, anyone know?

I'm gonna go with a 5-15mill net earn for the window come end of play tomorrow. Don't think our owners care about much else tbh.

How instrumental will the result/performance against Pool be in our dealings on Monday (if at all)?

I ask this cos some are saying in the match thread "Ok, no worries, not a surprise, this game came too soon, silly mistakes and individual errors cost us, Pool scored at just the right moments, give things time, etc".

What if we had beat Pool (which, btw, quite a few had predicted)? Would we then make fewer moves on Monday?

Last edited:
If this was Football Manager on the PC, I'd be aiming for a deadline day that went something like...

Out (for as much as Levy can get for them)... Kaboul, Fryers, Assou-Ekotto, Townsend, Mason, Holtby, Paulinho, Bentaleb (on loan).

In (for as cheap as possible)...

1) another solid centre back (Musacchio doesn't seem likely now, but letting Kaboul and Fryers go means I'd like a new guy to come in - and one good enough to challenge for the first team right away)
2) a creative midfielder who can reliably get a forward pass to its intended target (is that man Schneiderlin? If so, get him in!)
3) a wide forward intelligent enough to be that target (Rodriguez? Wellbeck? I honestly don't know who is both available at a price we can afford and good enough to do the job, but whoever it is, we need them).

My predictions of what will actually happen though...

Out: Fryers, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Holtby, Sandro, Mason
In: Stambouli plus one other

Predictions for today:

IN: Stambouli, Welbeck and (don't say it too loud) Schneiderlin.
Out: Fryers, Ekotto, Holtby, Sandro and Lennon.

Here's one. This is just guessing, but would young Illaramendi be a good loan option for us?? He joined Real last season but faces one hell of a fight to get into their team and needs minutes. Surely our "special relationship" could help here?

Anyways, I reckon we will end up with Welbeck and Stromboli, with MS being nothing more than a whisper. Likely Soton will say that they don't have time to get a replacement in even after we make a big bid. Sandro and Holtby to leave.

I'll take Illarramemdi.

Back