• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Wasn't it his lame attempted clearance that led to the Fulham 'goal'?
To be fair if it wasn’t for the tinkle poor defending that led upto that, he wouldn’t have had to be in that situation anyway. I think that still happens if he uses his left foot anyway.

Watched that disallowed goal again
Ball was cleared to Kane who didn’t fight for it
Came back our way. Toby didn’t react
Lamena was offside so we left him
Sanchez clears it once and it bounces back I think via tanguy for him to clear again
There was a number of players errors
What was funny watching it again was the celebrated apart from Lamena who knew it hit his arm

Sanchez played very well again last night I thought. I've been one of his biggest critics since we bought him but I was happy with him last night overall.

We badly lost the midfield in that second half yesterday and that meant that our defence had lots of defending to do. Considering the amount of defending they were asked to do I thought they coped pretty well. I think all of Sanchez, Toby, Lloris or Davies could've been in the running for our MoTM.

Something that I have noticed recently is that Sanchez is starting to look a little better on the ball, which is good to see.

I've also been very critical of Davies recently, but to give him his dues, he was very solid last night.

I don't think it is a coincidence that we've had a couple of PL clean sheets since Jose has finally dropped Dier, it's incredibly hard to keep clean sheets with a centre back who is constantly out of position. I think we need to keep Toby and Sanchez in there now for the rest of the PL games, they're not perfect but they do compliment each other somewhat.

Played very well overall again. That attempted clearance is just laughable and he was very lucky to get away with it. Unfortunately that's been the story much of the season with our defenders way too often. Play well, silly mistake. Luckily we weren't punished this time.

Sanchez played very well again last night I thought. I've been one of his biggest critics since we bought him but I was happy with him last night overall.

We badly lost the midfield in that second half yesterday and that meant that our defence had lots of defending to do. Considering the amount of defending they were asked to do I thought they coped pretty well. I think all of Sanchez, Toby, Lloris or Davies could've been in the running for our MoTM.

Something that I have noticed recently is that Sanchez is starting to look a little better on the ball, which is good to see.

I've also been very critical of Davies recently, but to give him his dues, he was very solid last night.

I don't think it is a coincidence that we've had a couple of PL clean sheets since Jose has finally dropped Dier, it's incredibly hard to keep clean sheets with a centre back who is constantly out of position. I think we need to keep Toby and Sanchez in there now for the rest of the PL games, they're not perfect but they do compliment each other somewhat.
Toby did go wandering a few times yesterday. He did have cover from Hojbjerg but at one point he followed a man out the half way line and was aligned with son
Surely he can just hand that player off to a midfielder

As was the case at towards the end of last season when Dier was banned. That was probably the period at which our defence looked the most settled. For whatever reason Mourinho decided to use Dier as his defensive lynchpin this season but it clearly hasn't worked.

I find it an interesting comparisons between Dier and Sanchez. Sanchez looks ungainly, clumsy and ready to make a mistake even when playing well and when he does you see that very evident drop in his confidence in his body language.

Whereas Dier looks the part, never looks hurried or panicked, comes across like a leader but he's actually pretty terrible. While his mistakes aren't so visible to the naked eye in the way Sanchez's are they are equally if not more damming. Anytime the opposition score Dier is in the general vicinity; behind the ball, under the ball, behind the player or just clean leaving it for them to tap in. [emoji52]

Dier basically the emperor's new clothes as far being a CB is concerned.

Last edited:
Whereas Dier looks the part, never looks hurried or panicked, comes across like a leader but he's actually pretty terrible. While his mistakes aren't so visible to the naked guy .

:eek: :eek: Turning NWHL into some kind of naturist venue in order avoid Dier's mistakes might be a tad extreme.

Back