• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Jose plays him because he's our only CB with pace, and because none of the others are keeping their fudging spot.

We will sell him, he's book value is way below 42M, so we won't take that much of a hit ..
He signed a 6 year £65k a week contract at Spurs. At the end of this season he will have 3 years left of that. So his asset value will be £21m. I can’t see us getting £21m for him and also can’t see another team paying him as much as £65k a week. So knowing that our chairman doesn’t like to accept paper losses or pay players contracts up I think we might be stuck with him for a while.

actually let me correct that.... He initially signed one year before that on a 6 year deal. I don’t think we extend the depreciation with new contracts (though I could be wrong) so his NBV will be £14m at the end of this season.

He signed a 6 year £65k a week contract at Spurs. At the end of this season he will have 3 years left of that. So his asset value will be £21m. I can’t see us getting £21m for him and also can’t see another team paying him as much as £65k a week. So knowing that our chairman doesn’t like to accept paper losses or pay players contracts up I think we might be stuck with him for a while.

actually let me correct that.... He initially signed one year before that on a 6 year deal. I don’t think we extend the depreciation with new contracts (though I could be wrong) so his NBV will be £14m at the end of this season.

We got what £20M for a half dead Eriksen with 6 months left on his contract? I can see Levy getting £25M for a young CB with 3+years of CL/PL experience. Palace probably pays Townsend more than 65K/week, don't see it as sticking point.

He's a decent defender, not a leader and not top 6, there will be a market.

We got what £20M for a half dead Eriksen with 6 months left on his contract? I can see Levy getting £25M for a young CB with 3+years of CL/PL experience. Palace probably pays Townsend more than 65K/week, don't see it as sticking point.

He's a decent defender, not a leader and not top 6, there will be a market.
Eriksen was a near World class player. Sánchez is a borderline semi-pro player.

Again, I was talking out his time before us.
He really wasn't a lethal finisher type, Valencia created a hell of a lot of chances and he missed quite a lot of them. It's just that they were at the time a very creative team so he'd get quite a few chances a game. I'd be surprised if his ratio dropped that much at Spurs. The issue was more that our team at time created nothing.
fudge me....what does that say?
That our CBs since the age based decline of Vertoghen and Alderweireld have been poop. I liked what I saw of Sanchez in his first season but it seems clear now that he was being carried by the better CBs we had at the time.

He really wasn't a lethal finisher type, Valencia created a hell of a lot of chances and he missed quite a lot of them. It's just that they were at the time a very creative team so he'd get quite a few chances a game. I'd be surprised if his ratio dropped that much at Spurs. The issue was more that our team at time created nothing. That our CBs since the age based decline of Vertoghen and Alderweireld have been poop. I liked what I saw of Sanchez in his first season but it seems clear now that he was being carried by the better CBs we had at the time.

I guess the plan was that with Bale smacking the ball towards goal from all angles somebody mopping up the second balls was what we needed.

And you think the money for those incoming players wasn’t all coming from the Bale sale?

I think at that point we were determined to keep him, that Soldado was announced on day 1 means the decision to target him was months old. We know how the club works, Levy doesn't do anything at short notice.

I think at that point we were determined to keep him, that Soldado was announced on day 1 means the decision to target him was months old. We know how the club works, Levy doesn't do anything at short notice.
He was out the moment Real Madrid told his agent that he was their number 1 target mate.

Back