• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

In what way was Soldado good? Bent wasn’t right for us but he was a hell of a lot better than Soldado.

Look at all the goals he scored in Spain.

Yes, Bent scored more for us on the pitch, but at the time of each signing, one made a hell of a lot more sense on paper than the other.

Again dreadful yesterday. For both offside goals he lost his man, could have been a disaster. Yes, they were offside but if you watch, he'd lost track of the player through ball watching and both times he was caught out of position before the player moved offside.

Can't understand why Jose persists.

I just rewatched the highlights.
The first offside Sanchez he came out to play the striker offside and the second he made contact with the man to prevent him being on an onside position when the ball was played. He still lost his man on other occasions but wasn't dreadful in my opinion

Bent struggled with us as he was an over the top striker rather than one who could play with his back to goal. Was still our top scorer one of the 2 seasons and we got our money backs on him.

soldaldo - it was almost like a golfer with yips. I think we at have lost 13m, so slightly less than Bentley all in!

Bent never seemed to be liked, as I remember it he shinned one early one on against Goons, he was also competing with the well liked Berbs Keane and Defoe and the Sandra comment did not help at all.

Soldaldo we as fans were brilliant with, gave him lots of support all the way through, but it got to the stage where he was in such a bad way he passed from a one on one situation (and messed that up).

The first offside Sanchez he came out to play the striker offside and the second he made contact with the man to prevent him being on an onside position when the ball was played. He still lost his man on other occasions but wasn't dreadful in my opinion
If that was on purpose, if he was in control of the line and the player that's very good defending. Impossible to know what goes on in his head in the situation, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Played well enough overtall I thought. Showed that he deserved the start. Too often that hasn't been the case for our centre backs this season so I'll take it.

Glad someone else was watching and saw that is what happened and he did the right thing on both occasions. I am not saying he has a future here but blaming him without any reason ( on those two occasions) shows the bias that some hold.

Yes, Bent scored more for us on the pitch, but at the time of each signing, one made a hell of a lot more sense on paper than the other.
Did you actually watch Soldado in La Liga? There wasn't much difference between Bent and him. Bent was a ball over top and run in on goal finisher and Soldadao was just a penalty box finisher. There was no great subtly to his play or finesse.

I didn't expect him to do as badly as he did but I wasn't surprised. At Valencia he used to kiss a hell of a lot of chances but they created a lot so it didn't matter. He joined the AVB team that used used to muster 1 or 2 chances a game. He's not the right kind of striker for that kind of side.

Did you actually watch Soldado in La Liga? There wasn't much difference between Bent and him. Bent was a ball over top and run in on goal finisher and Soldadao was just a pelanty box finisher. There was no great subtly to his play or finesse.

I didn't expect him to do as badly as he did but I wasn't surprised. At Valencia he used to kiss a hell of a lot of chances but they created a lot so it didn't matter. He joined the AVB team that used used to muster 1 or 2 chances a game. He's not the right kind of striker for that kind of side.

He was a good finisher though, anticipated where the chances would be, he had good movement and quick reactions.

Look at him for their header that nearly crossed the line just before half-time...plainly ball watching.

I thought that during the game, but when I watched it back I realised that Sanchez was CORRECTLY covering another attacker who was running at the penalty spot, then as the cross was towards the back post, Sanchez backpedalled to challenge Diagne.

It was other players like the midfield and Aurier who should have been helping out.

I don't rate Sanchez, but you can't fault him on this action IMO.

I thought that during the game, but when I watched it back I realised that Sanchez was CORRECTLY covering another attacker who was running at the pelanty spot, then as the cross was towards the back post, Sanchez backpedalled to challenge Diagne.

It was other players like the midfield and Aurier who should have been helping out.

I don't rate Sanchez, but you can't fault him on this action IMO.
Mmm...I'll check it again.

Edit: Sorry I disagree. He was clearly marking Diagne, ball watched, and the man pulled off the back of him into acres of space. We had other players in the vicinity of the other Brom player near the edge of the box. Zero need to be distracted, he 'was' marking the man in the most dangerous position.

1min 10sec in

Last edited:
Well, why don't we all just say nice, positive things about him from now on and hope that visitors to this global opinion-shaping forum think he's the bee's nuts which can only help keep his transfer values half decent.

Mmm...I'll check it again.

Edit: Sorry I disagree. He was clearly marking Diagne, ball watched, and the man pulled off the back of him into acres of space. We had other players in the vicinity of the other Brom player near the edge of the box. Zero need to be distracted, he 'was' marking the man in the most dangerous position.

1min 10sec in
Yes from that angle it does appear that way, and yes he was marking Diagne, but from a different angle (not shown in the video) you can see that Sanchez is also rightly worried about the guy arriving around the penalty spot. (Who Aurier was tracking into our half but then couldn't be bothered to run faster than a slow jog).

Can see why Sanchez is getting the occasional start despite being error-prone. His 42m fee means we cannot sell him or drop him completely. Levy must have instructed Mourinho to start him whenever possible so that his value does not get depreciated further ! Based on his form since joining us, we probably need to pay other clubs 42m to make them sign him from us !

Can see why Sanchez is getting the occasional start despite being error-prone. His 42m fee means we cannot sell him or drop him completely. Levy must have instructed Mourinho to start him whenever possible so that his value does not get depreciated further ! Based on his form since joining us, we probably need to pay other clubs 42m to make them sign him from us !
Or maybe Mourinho still trusts him?

Jose plays him because he's our only CB with pace, and because none of the others are keeping their fudging spot.

We will sell him, he's book value is way below 42M, so we won't take that much of a hit ..

Or maybe Mourinho still trusts him?
Jose has gotten good performances out of him (latter end of last season) so given that none of the established CBs are playing well I can see why he would try Sanchez once again, when Sanchez has probably had the best performances for him.

I tend to judge how good players are at Spurs by the performances they put in for.... err... you know.... Spurs!

Back