• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

While I agree with your post, I do worry about Tanganga getting over-hyped in absentia. After Sanchez's first handful of games, I think most of us were pretty positive about him -- he looked pretty capable, certainly with Verts and Toby alongside him, and I was confident that any rough edges would be sorted out. Like when he tried to go toe-to-toe with an aggressive forward (Benteke? Deeney?) and got steamrollered. Sadly, that hasn't happened yet.

Tanganga's looked good, sure, but he's not had the game time for errors to be picked up. I don't think he's played any big matches at CB either.
Definitely much too early to judge on Tanganga. But he's shown good promise so far.

Sanches seems to behind Rodon in the pecking order right now at least. If that's a lasting state of affairs I can't see him being satisfied with his role at the club.

Football is littered with centre backs that looked very promising, but ended up average or worse. Time will tell with both Sanches and Tanganga. Right now my hopes are higher for Tanganga than for Sanches, but that may look ridiculous at some point.

Davidson sanchez is the sort of CB than Emirates Marketing Project would buy for the season, paying big bucks and then realising he is fodder.

The year we signed him, I was very excited as I saw him live vs Man U in the ropey final and he looked immense. I do remember him outshining de ligt also.

Shame he has turned out to be bang average. I've not seem him have an outstanding game where he has bossed the defence or a player.

But all things being said, he is better than the likes of Harry Maguire ...

We got beat 2-0 at the Scum a few years back and Sanchez was the best player on the park. It was a Ledley-esque performance. Best game I’ve seen him play for us.

But, I think in the same season he gave a Kevin Scott-esque performance at Anfield in the 2-2 game. One of the worst centre back performances I’ve ever seen and Poch hooked him if memory serves.

That’s the issue with him for me. He’s either brilliant or awful and is too frequently awful. He even does it within games. The 2-1 defeat at Watford a couple of seasons back, he bossed Deeney for 70 minutes. Played a very intelligent game and didn’t give him a kick. Then he decided to go shoulder to shoulder with him, got put on his arse, we conceded the equaliser straight away, got beat 2-1 and he was dreadful for the last 20 minutes.

He seems to have the tools but the gap between his best and his worst is too big. He’s also had enough time to improve and, if anything, he’s gotten worse. He needs to go.

While I agree with your post, I do worry about Tanganga getting over-hyped in absentia. After Sanchez's first handful of games, I think most of us were pretty positive about him -- he looked pretty capable, certainly with Verts and Toby alongside him, and I was confident that any rough edges would be sorted out. Like when he tried to go toe-to-toe with an aggressive forward (Benteke? Deeney?) and got steamrollered. Sadly, that hasn't happened yet.

Tanganga's looked good, sure, but he's not had the game time for errors to be picked up. I don't think he's played any big matches at CB either.

For sure it's something to be wary of, I was one of a fair few that saw a real player in CCV..

Appreciate the big game CB point, but the pitch is the pitch and Liverpool against mane is as much as a trial by fire, especially considering that we've been a bit brick against them.

Hopefully Levy can manage to recoup most of that £42m we spent on Sanchez, as looked decent prospect when he first signed but has regressed horribly since then.

Wish that Rodon was named in Europa squad instead.

My only defense is he's just 24. He joined us as a 21 year old, one of the brightest defensive prospects on the planet. He was fully deserving of a first team spot from the off.

I have to believe he can get back to that, he's still young enough.

Hopefully Levy can manage to recoup most of that £42m we spent on Sanchez, as looked decent prospect when he first signed but has regressed horribly since then.

Wish that Rodon was named in Europa squad instead.

Only hope is that a Spanish club thinks he is suited to that league.

Be lucky to get £20 million

we can change the EL squad in Jan

He was average first season and been awful ever since. Would have rather we started putting binks in the team last season or Walcott this season, they actually could do no worse.

Fingers crossed Tanganga develops so Sanchez isnt much needed from now til end of the season. He's a liability - if he was a good defender but crap on the ball then fine, but he's cant even defend well

As someone said above, if we can find a team in la liga to take him off our hands in Jan then great, otherwise will just have to wait til the summer

Fingers crossed Tanganga develops so Sanchez isnt much needed from now til end of the season. He's a liability - if he was a good defender but crap on the ball then fine, but he's cant even defend well

As someone said above, if we can find a team in la liga to take him off our hands in Jan then great, otherwise will just have to wait til the summer

can’t see there being many buyers
He is such a dumb player right now
Plays with so little awareness
Could be rustiness but you just expect more

My only defense is he's just 24. He joined us as a 21 year old, one of the brightest defensive prospects on the planet. He was fully deserving of a first team spot from the off.

I have to believe he can get back to that, he's still young enough.

He was excellent in his first season but he also benefitted from Poch benching Toby because of his contract situation. I don’t think he would have been a regular had Toby just signed a contract straight away. People just got carried away in his first season and acted like jilted lovers and pretended Sanchez was better because Toby wouldn’t sign a new deal.

He was excellent in his first season but he also benefitted from Poch benching Toby because of his contract situation. I don’t think he would have been a regular had Toby just signed a contract straight away. People just got carried away in his first season and acted like jilted lovers and pretended Sanchez was better because Toby wouldn’t sign a new deal.
He played in a 3 with Jan and Toby either side of him, that’s why he looked really good in his first season.

He played in a 3 with Jan and Toby either side of him, that’s why he looked really good in his first season.

That helped but he also looked ok when Toby got benched and left out altogether some games due to his contract dispute. It was Sanchez and Jan which worked fine. He was definitely more composed in those days. Now it’s like he’s regressed in every aspect of the game.

I must admit i have tried to defend Sanchez on here but he still does not seem to be developing as he should, still fairly young though but with the emergence of Tanganga ( who was MOM for me last night) and the signing of Rodon i do not see him getting enough games here anyway.

I must admit i have tried to defend Sanchez on here but he still does not seem to be developing as he should, still fairly young though but with the emergence of Tanganga ( who was MOM for me last night) and the signing of Rodon i do not see him getting enough games here anyway.

I sadly agree. I want him to come through and learn, but he really does seem to be fragile.

Back