1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Davinson Sanchez

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DubaiSpur, 18 Aug 2017.

1. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

Definitely much too early to judge on Tanganga. But he's shown good promise so far.

Sanches seems to behind Rodon in the pecking order right now at least. If that's a lasting state of affairs I can't see him being satisfied with his role at the club.

Football is littered with centre backs that looked very promising, but ended up average or worse. Time will tell with both Sanches and Tanganga. Right now my hopes are higher for Tanganga than for Sanches, but that may look ridiculous at some point.

SteveAWOL, FatBloke and StephenH like this.
  2. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Simon Davies

We got beat 2-0 at the Scum a few years back and Sanchez was the best player on the park. It was a Ledley-esque performance. Best game I’ve seen him play for us.

But, I think in the same season he gave a Kevin Scott-esque performance at Anfield in the 2-2 game. One of the worst centre back performances I’ve ever seen and Poch hooked him if memory serves.

That’s the issue with him for me. He’s either brilliant or awful and is too frequently awful. He even does it within games. The 2-1 defeat at Watford a couple of seasons back, he bossed Deeney for 70 minutes. Played a very intelligent game and didn’t give him a kick. Then he decided to go shoulder to shoulder with him, got put on his arse, we conceded the equaliser straight away, got beat 2-1 and he was dreadful for the last 20 minutes.

He seems to have the tools but the gap between his best and his worst is too big. He’s also had enough time to improve and, if anything, he’s gotten worse. He needs to go.

Legohamster likes this.
  3. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Mauricio Taricco

For sure it's something to be wary of, I was one of a fair few that saw a real player in CCV..

Appreciate the big game CB point, but the pitch is the pitch and Liverpool against mane is as much as a trial by fire, especially considering that we've been a bit brick against them.

4. Legohamster

Legohamster Pedro Mendes

Get him out in Jan, we are going to take a massive hit on the fee paid, but he is useless.

DubaiSpur likes this.
  5. Bullet

Bullet Ian Walker

Chop him up and kiln dry him, we can use him to warm the Lodge

Legohamster and DubaiSpur like this.
  6. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Ian Walker

Hopefully Levy can manage to recoup most of that £42m we spent on Sanchez, as looked decent prospect when he first signed but has regressed horribly since then.

Wish that Rodon was named in Europa squad instead.

DubaiSpur likes this.
  7. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Niko Kranjcar

We can do the squad again right, after the group stage? No way we will get 42m for him, lucky to get half that.

Legohamster likes this.
  8. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Jimmy Neighbour

My only defense is he's just 24. He joined us as a 21 year old, one of the brightest defensive prospects on the planet. He was fully deserving of a first team spot from the off.

I have to believe he can get back to that, he's still young enough.

9. Legohamster

Legohamster Pedro Mendes

Only hope is that a Spanish club thinks he is suited to that league.

Be lucky to get £20 million

we can change the EL squad in Jan

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  10. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

He was average first season and been awful ever since. Would have rather we started putting binks in the team last season or Walcott this season, they actually could do no worse.

11. AdamB

AdamB Luka Modric

Fingers crossed Tanganga develops so Sanchez isnt much needed from now til end of the season. He's a liability - if he was a good defender but crap on the ball then fine, but he's cant even defend well

As someone said above, if we can find a team in la liga to take him off our hands in Jan then great, otherwise will just have to wait til the summer

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  12. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vic Buckingham

can’t see there being many buyers
    He is such a dumb player right now
    Plays with so little awareness
    Could be rustiness but you just expect more

13. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Barry Daines

He was excellent in his first season but he also benefitted from Poch benching Toby because of his contract situation. I don’t think he would have been a regular had Toby just signed a contract straight away. People just got carried away in his first season and acted like jilted lovers and pretended Sanchez was better because Toby wouldn’t sign a new deal.

14. Hashegotthesackyet?

Hashegotthesackyet? Allan Nielsen

He’s a poor mans version of Mitchell Thomas. Taxi for Dav...sorry.

15. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

16. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Edgar Davids

He played in a 3 with Jan and Toby either side of him, that’s why he looked really good in his first season.

SteveAWOL, MKSpur and Legohamster like this.
  17. AdamB

AdamB Luka Modric

He's not that good. Anthony Gardner

18. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Barry Daines

That helped but he also looked ok when Toby got benched and left out altogether some games due to his contract dispute. It was Sanchez and Jan which worked fine. He was definitely more composed in those days. Now it’s like he’s regressed in every aspect of the game.

nayenezgani likes this.
  19. parklane1

parklane1 David Ginola

I must admit i have tried to defend Sanchez on here but he still does not seem to be developing as he should, still fairly young though but with the emergence of Tanganga ( who was MOM for me last night) and the signing of Rodon i do not see him getting enough games here anyway.

MKSpur, thfcsteff and SteveAWOL like this.
  20. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

I sadly agree. I want him to come through and learn, but he really does seem to be fragile.