• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I never had any confidence in the kid for two reasons. 1, despite being built like a brick brick house he was too easily out muscled on the ball in one on ones. 2, he often used to let the ball bounce. That is always a danger signal in my book.

Last edited:
Just turned 24 and never had a regular partner at CB, Toby and Jan are not the players they were and we are starting with a new pairing alongside Dier. The first couple of games this season they did ok bit i accept the Sheff game they were poor.

However i really believe if we can sort out our problems in CM they will look a lot better. We shall see.

Just turned 24 and never had a regular partner at CB, Toby and Jan are not the players they were and we are starting with a new pairing alongside Dier. The first couple of games this season they did ok bit i accept the Sheff game they were poor.

However i really believe if we can sort out our problems in CM they will look a lot better. We shall see.
He is too weak
He never wins physical battles yet he is a BIG guy
He also is aerially poor
It’s basics again

Get rid in the summer. One of the worst signings of the Poch era. Not the worst player but as a signing it was a totally square peg in a round hole purchase. Poch wanted to play out from the back and Sanchez is incapable of simple passes.

Not sure what his age has to do with anything as he’s not 18 or 19. He’s 24, a seasoned pro with 3 years in the PL. and his passing hasn’t improved. He makes more errors than he did when we first signed him. I think teams gave us more respect 2-3 years ago which allowed him more time on the ball. Plus he had a younger Vertonghen alongside him.

Last edited:
He is too weak
He also is aerially poor
It’s basics again

I agree with this however we have far bigger priorities to sort out this summer in DM and RB...and after that a second CF and a LB.

I cant disagree with any of your comments (as I've said before, he reminds me a lot of Anthony Gardner and your comments perfectly describe him too) but as someone else said, put a DM in front of him and it might patch us through for a season and we can focus our limited cash on the higher priorities this summer

I agree with this however we have far bigger priorities to sort out this summer in DM and RB...and after that a second CF and a LB.

I cant disagree with any of your comments (as I've said before, he reminds me a lot of Anthony Gardner and your comments perfectly describe him too) but as someone else said, put a DM in front of him and it might patch us through for a season and we can focus our limited cash on the higher priorities this summer
Oh he can’t be helped with Aurier playing right back

Unsure about Sanchez, thought he would go far but hasn’t kicked on at all. Whether he stays or not, one player I would go for is Dunk at Brighton. I know he’d be an unfashionable type of signing, but he is a really good defender first and foremost which these days doesn’t seem to be that important:D but he is actually comfortable on the ball too. He is acclimatised to the PL and wouldn’t cost a shedload.....

Unsure about Sanchez, thought he would go far but hasn’t kicked on at all. Whether he stays or not, one player I would go for is Dunk at Brighton. I know he’d be an unfashionable type of signing, but he is a really good defender first and foremost which these days doesn’t seem to be that important:D but he is actually comfortable on the ball too. He is acclimatised to the PL and wouldn’t cost a shedload.....

They'd want £40m for him I'd imagine, and he's 28 already....the combination of those two probably rules us out

I think he would cost a shed load.

We need to sell him.

Still worth money and will help fund a footballer.

how is a CB scared of the ball ?

Ajax saw us coming a mile off
Who do you think will actually take him off us? Given he cost a lot at the time he might be on big wages too, I just can’t imagine a club looking at him and thinking ‘that’s what we need let’s put a big chunk of our budget on him’, certainly in the prem.

Who do you think will actually take him off us? Given he cost a lot at the time he might be on big wages too, I just can’t imagine a club looking at him and thinking ‘that’s what we need let’s put a big chunk of our budget on him’, certainly in the prem.

can see a Spanish team taking him off us.

maybe a french team.

The only way he wins physical battles is by shoving opponents. To his credit, he’s a genius at shoving and outright pushing strikers over and getting away with it.
Yup but then he then comes up against someone like Rondon or Deeney who bullies him and Sanchez doesn’t have the nous to deal with them.

Hopefully he might have a breakthrough season as we really need to strengthen at FB and DM.

He is too weak
He also is aerially poor
It’s basics again
He thinks he's a beast BUT hes very poor at using his weight/strength his centre of balance is too upright. A smart forward (not necessarily big) will know this and uses his strength just at the right times to unsettle/unbalance him.

Ask that Harry coach bloke in twitter he'll say the same.

I also just don’t think Sánchez is that big. He’s fairly ripped, but he’s slim and has very narrow shoulders. I don’t think he’s as strong or as heavy as he seems to think he is.

Anyway, I agree with others that CB is a lower priority than three other positions, so personally I’m hoping that two of Sanchez / Dier / Toby / Tanganga come good (which I actually don’t think is too unlikely).

Back