• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

When we first signed Sanchez, I immediately noticed that he was awful in the air. It was as if he didn’t want to challenge for headers unless it was the last option available. He has improved very slightly since then but still has huge weakness there. He gets frustrated and tries to outmuscle opponents by pushing them as he can’t defend against them. And he probably has very close number of assists for opponents chances as he does the number of times that he has stopped them.
We need to cut our losses with him and sell him. He’s either not cut out for this league, or he’s an awful defender, in which case both.
Sell him for £30m and use the money to buy that South Korean defender, and money towards someone else solid defensively.

He has struggled at times i agree ( just like all of our back line has). IMO the main reason for this though is that our CM is wide open ( begining to remind me of how open we were with Mason and Bentaleb) Our back four as a whole is left wide open on to many occasions and are over run. That does not mean we can not upgrade our back four but until we stop runners getting through our CM then we will always have problems there.

He has struggled at times i agree ( just like all of our back line has). IMO the main reason for this though is that our CM is wide open ( begining to remind me of how open we were with Mason and Bentaleb) Our back four as a whole is left wide open on to many occasions and are over run. That does not mean we can not upgrade our back four but until we stop runners getting through our CM then we will always have problems there.
Sorry mate but the full backs are massively accountable for the openess
I mean the goals all came form the full backs getting done, very very easily
A DM doesn’t fix it when the opposition have a gift horse wide

Sorry mate but the full backs are massively accountable for the openess
I mean the goals all came form the full backs getting done, very very easily
A DM doesn’t fix it when the opposition have a gift horse wide

I am not defending the full backs mate at all, but unless/until we strengthen our CM we will always get over run.

I am not defending the full backs mate at all, but unless/until we strengthen our CM we will always get over run.
We weren’t getting over run
The first goal was the defence retreating and maybe no midfield but we had enough players who didn’t move
Second goal the man walzed passed Aurier and hit a ball across the 6 yard line. Davies stepped up to play offside... I mean that is brain dead stupid. And his man in front had a tap in
3rd goal we had son and moura at FB so it’s excusable

The first goal was the defence retreating and maybe no midfield but we had enough players who didn’t move
Second goal the man walzed passed Aurier and hit a ball across the 6 yard line. Davies stepped up to play offside... I mean that is brain dead stupid. And his man in front had a tap in

I am not talking about any special game mate but overall we are wide open through the middle. And again i am not defending the fullbacks.

He has the physical attributes, coaching can fix him
if he’s prepared to put the work in.

I really don't think so. I'm not sure how you coach that header against Man U out of him. Earlier in the season, in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game and I think one other game, he looked petrified under the high ball. Yesterday, he was weak and naive on the second and third goals. His distribution is also League One standard. He had the ball under no pressure at one stage yesterday in the first half and hit it straight to them which put us in all sorts of trouble because our players were on the front foot expecting to attack. Against Arsenal earlier in the season (admittedly at right back) he delivered arguably the worst defensive performance I've seen since his brickshow at Anfield in the 2-2 a couple of seasons back. On his day, he is very good but there are too few of those days and he has too many fundamental flaws to ever be the centre back we wanted him to be. He's not good enough.

I've highlighted specific instances above but they are symptomatic of a bigger problem with Sanchez and there are countless more examples. I heard a co-commentator say "he looks like he's playing in someone else's boots". That's actually an apt description of his performances in most games at the moment.

I am not talking about any special game mate but overall we are wide open through the middle. And again i am not defending the fullbacks.

The first goal yesterday was just diabolical in terms of the lack of a screen in front of the back 4. Their man had an acre of space under no pressure in a position where I'd expect Sissoko or GLC to be. Sissoko was at right back (not sure if it was necessarily his fault because I couldn't watch it back without losing my brick). True, our defenders stood on the six yard line instead of pressing the ball when it ended up in our box but I couldn't believe what I was seeing from our midfield.

I really don't think so. I'm not sure how you coach that header against Man U out of him. Earlier in the season, in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game and I think one other game, he looked petrified under the high ball. Yesterday, he was weak and naive on the second and third goals. His distribution is also League One standard. He had the ball under no pressure at one stage yesterday in the first half and hit it straight to them which put us in all sorts of trouble because our players were on the front foot expecting to attack. Against Arsenal earlier in the season (admittedly at right back) he delivered arguably the worst defensive performance I've seen since his brickshow at Anfield in the 2-2 a couple of seasons back. On his day, he is very good but there are too few of those days and he has too many fundamental flaws to ever be the centre back we wanted him to be. He's not good enough.

I've highlighted specific instances above but they are symptomatic of a bigger problem with Sanchez and there are countless more examples. I heard a co-commentator say "he looks like he's playing in someone else's boots". That's actually an apt description of his performances in most games at the moment.

The first goal yesterday was just diabolical in terms of the lack of a screen in front of the back 4. Their man had an acre of space under no pressure in a position where I'd expect Sissoko or GLC to be. Sissoko was at right back (not sure if it was necessarily his fault because I couldn't watch it back without losing my brick). True, our defenders stood on the six yard line instead of pressing the ball when it ended up in our box but I couldn't believe what I was seeing from our midfield.

It all started with Aurier pushing up to their wing back, leaving a big gap behind him. Then Sissoko has to cover for Aurier, Lo Celso had to
cover for Sissoko, Son had to try and cover for Lo Celso, so Davies was doubled up and couldn’t stop the cross.

Not sure whether Aurier was acting on instruction, but that was the issue IMO.

It all started with Aurier pushing up to their wing back, leaving a big gap behind him. Then Sissoko has to cover for Aurier, Lo Celso had to
cover for Sissoko, Son had to try and cover for Lo Celso, so Davies was doubled up and couldn’t stop the cross.

Not sure whether Aurier was acting on instruction, but that was the issue IMO.

Cheers. Figured that might be it because Sissoko was so far out of position, it would have been criminal without good reason.

Our team is like a towering but delicate house of cards, standing proudly 5 feet high, looks great until Aurier trips over the corner of it on his way to the lav

I
t.
n

It happens in every game, its like the parting of the red sea

Second started with an overload because (I think it was) Moura couldn’t be bothered to track his player’s run.

Second started with an overload because (I think it was) Moura couldn’t be bothered to track his player’s run.
That overload on the second we still had enough players to deal with it
They only had 3 men in our area
As I said Ben Davies steppingstones up to play offside when the man with ball is in front of him is criminal

We need to sell him.

Still worth money and will help fund a footballer.

how is a CB scared of the ball ?

Ajax saw us coming a mile off

Back