• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He was their best player by a mile last night, i know i have said it before but this guy has all the tools to be a world class player.

Agreed. Outstanding. Hopefully he can put his weeks up for 3 weeks or so given that Dier and Vertonghen might be back too late after a summer break in order to start v Saudi Sportswashing Machine

He was their best player by a mile last night, i know i have said it before but this guy has all the tools to be a world class player.

Indeed - did not give Harry an inch of space all night.

My problem with Sanchez is that he looks so mature and so physically developed, that I completely forget that he is only just 21. 21, for crying out loud!

What a gem! Can see why Poch sees Toby as dispensable...

Indeed - did not give Harry an inch of space all night.

My problem with Sanchez is that he looks so mature and so physically developed, that I completely forget that he is only just 21. 21, for crying out loud!

What a gem! Can see why Poch sees Toby as dispensable...

Hope you're not being serious...Sanchez is a third centre back for us but in an ideal world, Toby would be on his right. Those three, including Vertonghen are being proven as world class in Russia.

Hope you're not being serious...Sanchez is a third centre back for us but in an ideal world, Toby would be on his right. Those three, including Vertonghen are being proven as world class in Russia.

Indeed. What this world cup has shown is that Alderweirald has not had a significant drop in performance as a lot of our fans thought (perhaps hoped) and is pretty much back up to speed. It would have been ridiculous for a centreback of his class to have a significant drop in quality while he is still only 29. I hope we manage to keep him.

As for Sanchez, he had a great tournament overall imo and this will have been a great experience for him. I look forward to seeing how he continues to progress next season!

Alderweirald is looking for more money, his current club will not pay it, he will then have to make a decision.
This now has little to do with Spurs.

Alderweirald is looking for more money, his current club will not pay it, he will then have to make a decision.
This now has little to do with Spurs.

Totally agree, that might be what MF meant when he said Toby was "dispensible". It's not a case of throwing him out but the realisation that he will go and we need to look elsewhere at CB.

Totally agree, that might be what MF meant when he said Toby was "dispensible". It's not a case of throwing him out but the realisation that he will go and we need to look elsewhere at CB.

I get the feeling that Poch no longer wants to play a back 3 on a regular basis; if that is the case, the two centre-backs pick themselves... I have always rated Verts as better than Toby and Davinson offers the pace, strength and height that Toby cannot. At this stage, Toby is obviously superior in terms of positioning and interception but I believe Poch is willing to live with that until the Columbian acquires those skills with experience and age.

Toby is too good and too costly to keep long term as a substitute or just to employ in a back 3 against a handful of the top sides; so yes... he is dispensable.

I get the feeling that Poch no longer wants to play a back 3 on a regular basis; if that is the case, the two centre-backs pick themselves... I have always rated Verts as better than Toby and Davinson offers the pace, strength and height that Toby cannot. At this stage, Toby is obviously superior in terms of positioning and interception but I believe Poch is willing to live with that until the Columbian acquires those skills with experience and age.

Toby is too good and too costly to keep long term as a substitute or just to employ in a back 3 against a handful of the top sides; so yes... he is dispensable.
Imo it was when Son made himself undroppable that Poch abandoned the back three.

I'd still prefer Toby's reading of the game to Sanchez's pace.

Saw some muppet on a website talking about how Spurs know fudge all by wanting to sell him. As if that choice is our own.

I'd still prefer Toby's reading of the game to Sanchez's pace.

Saw some muppet on a website talking about how Spurs know fudge all by wanting to sell him. As if that choice is our own.

Actually could be lol. It could be Poch or Levy, but I really love their no flimflam attitude. Zero-tolerance policy, like Amish people and smartphones. Giving Sanchez more game time might not be the worst thing since he needs to continue to develop (just to echo MalteseFalcon). I can't believe he's so young either. I hope he can be our new King, but with knees.

He didn't cover himself in glory for the France goal today. Completely lost track of Umtiti because of a simple dummy run.

Back