• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Had a good, strong season overall. Better first half of the year than latter half but that's probably a result of tiredness, change in league, defence not consistently the same, players in front of him etc. Good player who will hopefully grow with Jan and Toby and not just one of them

Excellent news.

I dont know if people are just bitter Alderweireld was injured or something, but I just cant believe he isnt getting more recognition.

The lad is 20, and IMO has been outstanding, having acclimated in record time.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if his progress this season is behind our apparent will to let Toby go!

Show Sanchez the love!
I agree. I think he has shown his ‘inexperience’ at times, but I always judge any player who joins the club in their first season on the attributes they demonstrate and always look for them to kick on in their second season. This guy has everything, and for him to be so young is scary. I wish Toby was staying a couple more years, but because of Sanchez he’s not going to be half as big a miss as I thought he’d be....

DcygDnyXcAA4wwo.jpg

He could be a dominant force in our defence for years if this last season truly was a display that can be improved upon.
If his former Ajax partner De Ligt is brought in then we could have a new centre-back pairing that could last for years. With Vertonghen and Foyth as well.

We talk frequently (with justification) about making allowances for players in their first PL season, allowing time for them to adjust, settle etc. Yet here we have a 20 year old in his first PL season who has been thrown into the starting 11 almost from the outset, and who has had to take on the responsibility of being one of our two main CBs for most of the season. He’s had great games, good games and disappointing games. But he has never appeared lacking in confidence and I feel sure we have a gem on our hands who is going to grow in importance to us with experience.

I love that the season is barely over and we have already announced two new contract deals. Not the big ones we are waiting/hoping for - yet - but it shows planning for the future is already underway.

DcygDnyXcAA4wwo.jpg

He could be a dominant force in our defence for years if this last season truly was a display that can be improved upon.
If his former Ajax partner De Ligt is brought in then we could have a new centre-back pairing that could last for years. With Vertonghen and Foyth as well.

He will certainly improve, as do all defenders with experience (um...well not all). A defender's reading of the game generally improves with their advancing years and this guy is already so good, so young that he could go on to be the best defender in the universe. His physical attributes already set him apart to begin with. He is brick fast, tall and strong, and he seems to follow the Poch tactical plan very easily. Very impressive for a kid. The sky is the limit really if his attitude is right.

Did you notice when Dier won the ball in midfield against Leicester and sprinted forwards faster than any other player on the pitch like a bronzed, oiled Collosus... Kane dilly dallied and tried to shoot when he should have passed to Dier...

then Leicester broke on us and Toby held a line with Wanyama alongside, whilst Jamie Vardz Vardy simply ran in behind onto a through ball and slotted it home?

That was when I realised how good Vertonghen and Sanchez are.

Easy to forget it was his first season! Many players take a year or more to settle. He will get better. 21, now knows the country, league, team mates etc. I think he's Poch's boy, so long as Poch stay, Sanchez will continue to develop here. Look forward to him over the next couple of seasons when he should start mature. Only 21! For a CB its impressive.

Have we ever seen a newcomer put on a Poch teamsheet as quickly as Davinson? For me that is a proof that this guy is somthing extra.

Did you notice when Dier won the ball in midfield against Leicester and sprinted forwards faster than any other player on the pitch like a bronzed, oiled Collosus... Kane dilly dallied and tried to shoot when he should have passed to Dier...

then Leicester broke on us and Toby held a line with Wanyama alongside, whilst Jamie Vardz Vardy simply ran in behind onto a through ball and slotted it home?

That was when I realised how good Vertonghen and Sanchez are.

Also i definitely noticed how much Dier was pi$$ed off with Harry for dilly dallying and not passing to him

He will certainly improve, as do all defenders with experience (um...well not all). A defender's reading of the game generally improves with their advancing years and this guy is already so good, so young that he could go on to be the best defender in the universe. His physical attributes already set him apart to begin with. He is brick fast, tall and strong, and he seems to follow the Poch tactical plan very easily. Very impressive for a kid. The sky is the limit really if his attitude is right.

Have to say, and I dont think its Spurs-tinted glasses, he has to have been among the top defenders for the season in the league.

I cant think of many better at all.

Which has me beaming at the prospect of just how good he will be when he matures a bit and gains more experience.

Back