1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Davinson Sanchez

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DubaiSpur, 18 Aug 2017.

1. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan John Lacy

I'll gladly post here to credit him. He stepped up, wasn't rusty. Didn't lose focus, played decent balls and did what was needed.

2. 90291Spur

90291Spur Christian Ziege

Martinelli is a tricky one and he did well covering. Plus zero brain farts!

metalgear, afsoc4life, DTA and 4 others like this.
  3. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla John Lacy

It may seem ridiculous and I’ve had a drink, but I hope he gets a rapturous response when his name is read out v Burnley. Not that he had an amazing game, but he did nothing wrong and we should get behind him.

spurrrr, mephitis, metalgear and 10 others like this.
  4. tommysvr

tommysvr Eidur Gudjohnsen

I was absolutely bricking it when I saw him in for Romero. Fair play, did his job very well with no fuss.

5. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Johnny Morrison

A lot of pressure on him coming in for Romero at short notice but he absolutely acquitted himself well.

6. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Well played tonight Davo. The fact we didn't miss Cuti speaks volumes.

metalgear, afsoc4life, Robbo and 2 others like this.
  7. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

Sorry to go against the grain, but I thought he was as shaky as usual tonight.
    Martinelli roasted past him a couple of times.
    He is poor on the ball and really struggles to find the right pass.
    Reminds me of Sissoko and I would love us to sell him and upgrade.

MKSpur and spurspinter1 like this.
  8. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Yep - I also don’t want to put a downer on him as he had some good involvements I.e. the pass to Kane but when we were under pressure in the first 20 minutes things looked typically awkward with him and his exchanges with Royal.

Sure it’s ifs and maybes but think it would’ve been a predictably rocky road against 11 men as even after the sending off there were a few shaky moments but fortunately we got through them.

That said, the minutes Dav had coming on for Sessegnon with Davies going WB in the last few games may have helped as he wasn’t coming in entirely from the cold.

metalgear, Legohamster and DTA like this.
  9. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Just look at his stats. Just look at his stats (above ) - with apologies to Barry Davies

metalgear likes this.
  10. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

He had the most possession because he is so bad in possession, of course the opposition want him to have it.
    There is no stat for someone speeding past you. Nor a stat for flailing about. Nor for "should have passed forwards but checked back inside and thought about passing to Dier but then changed tack and thought hey maybe I could go forwards and then thought nah pass to Dier and then passed a hip height bounder into a forward marked by two men"

11. Yiddo

Yiddo Steffen Iversen

I think your dislike to him is clearly clouding what you were seeing. He wasn’t shakey really at all. When you are looking for faults you will always see minor faults as major faults.

metalgear likes this.
  12. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

Did very well, credit to him. Game conditions helped, definitely suited him better after the opening 10-15 minutes.

He's a very good player, still don't think he's a good fit for us, but would be very happy to be proven wrong.

mephitis, metalgear and Pirate55 like this.
  13. superspurs

superspurs Jonathan Woodgate

Just glad there were no massive brain farts, scum clearly targeted him and Royal and after 10-15 mins they were fairly comfortable.

I imagine he will be sold in the summer, think he could be very good in most other leagues, just never really got fully settled in the Prem.

14. Dicko

Dicko Jonathan Woodgate

He's now got 2 more games to get through. Fingers crossed we can keep up the concentration levels

15. metalgear

metalgear Ian Walker

Pass for the goal was good, watch it

16. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Les Ferdinand

And he made the same pass later on so it wasn't a fluke

Baleforce and metalgear like this.
  17. mephitis

mephitis Neil Sullivan

Got the news about Romero while queueing to get into Seven Sisters. Have to admit my heart sank a bit at the news Sanchez was the replacement, but then I thought, well he did alright when he came on for Sessegnon in the last couple of games, having been sidelined for quite a while. Just calmly got on with it and didn't look out of place at all. So it proved. Hindsight is a great thing but I honestly think, the way the game panned out, Romero would have been the perfect opportunity for Tierney to level the sides up at 10 apiece. Love the guy but he's definitely got that in him.

Last edited: 18 May 2022 at 8:13 AM
    papaspur likes this.
  18. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Yep, i must admit my heart missed a beat when i heard just before the game that Romero was missing but Sanchez did well in his place. Lets hope he keeps it up for the remaining games.

papaspur likes this.