• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Never been a huge fan. But have acknowledged when has played well. But honestly like most others in this team. Wouldn't shed a tear if he left

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...UL-Tottenham-disastrous-defeat-away-Mura.html

'He said: 'If this was a 16-year-old defender, you do it twice maybe, but he did exactly the same thing. He's allowed the player to come inside, we spoke about it at half-time.'

Crouch added: 'I said "come inside him", because he did it in the first-half, he goes to sleep. He's trying to shepherd him down the line, he turned the wrong way again, it's awful defending.'

Hoddle, 64, when on to blame Sanchez for Mura's second goal - claiming the defender allowed the attacker to cut inside of him again.

He said: 'If it's a 15-year-old you say "you can't do that again", but he's done it again and forgotten about what happened in the first-half.

'I just cannot understand for the life of my why he's allowed him to come inside, he's not read the situation in a vital time in the game.
'

Absolutely useless clown. What on Earth we thought we could make of this guy, I don't know. 42m for a man who gets humiliated by Slovenian pig farmers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...UL-Tottenham-disastrous-defeat-away-Mura.html

'He said: 'If this was a 16-year-old defender, you do it twice maybe, but he did exactly the same thing. He's allowed the player to come inside, we spoke about it at half-time.'

Crouch added: 'I said "come inside him", because he did it in the first-half, he goes to sleep. He's trying to shepherd him down the line, he turned the wrong way again, it's awful defending.'

Hoddle, 64, when on to blame Sanchez for Mura's second goal - claiming the defender allowed the attacker to cut inside of him again.

He said: 'If it's a 15-year-old you say "you can't do that again", but he's done it again and forgotten about what happened in the first-half.

'I just cannot understand for the life of my why he's allowed him to come inside, he's not read the situation in a vital time in the game.
'

Absolutely useless clown. What on Earth we thought we could make of this guy, I don't know. 42m for a man who gets humiliated by Slovenian pig farmers.

Yes, within our CBs, him and Rodon need to go.

By end of the summer window:
Romero, Dier and AN Other as first choice
Tanganga, AN Other and Davies as back-ups

Then replace Davies within the following year

Seems clear that he's rated ahead of Rodon and Tanganga right now. Replaced Tanganga against Leeds. Left on the pitch against Mura. Starting lineup against Burnley. But I struggle to see a good path forward for him.

Central defender position might be his best role defensively? Covering, using his pace, not always the first man into tougher duels, not getting dragged wide early, fewer difficult decisions. Problem is that this also seems like Dier's best position and the central defender role seems designed to take responsibility on the ball in buildup, something Sanchez isn't great at.

Leaves right sided CB. Attacking contributions when moving into a more traditional full back role is obviously a concern. As is all the decision making required in that role. When to push up into midfield, when to move wide, when to fall back. Sanchez doesn't seem like a good traditional right back defensively, as a right sided CB in a three part of the role is exactly that.

I could definitely be wrong, could be that Conte will be able to drill Sanchez defensively in terms of decision making and make his decisions on the ball easier to make up for his lack of skill on the ball. Conte has a great track record of getting a lot out of players thought to be not good enough. His trust in Sanchez gives me some hope, right now I struggle to see it though.

Seems clear that he's rated ahead of Rodon and Tanganga right now. Replaced Tanganga against Leeds. Left on the pitch against Mura. Starting lineup against Burnley. But I struggle to see a good path forward for him.

Central defender position might be his best role defensively? Covering, using his pace, not always the first man into tougher duels, not getting dragged wide early, fewer difficult decisions. Problem is that this also seems like Dier's best position and the central defender role seems designed to take responsibility on the ball in buildup, something Sanchez isn't great at.

Leaves right sided CB. Attacking contributions when moving into a more traditional full back role is obviously a concern. As is all the decision making required in that role. When to push up into midfield, when to move wide, when to fall back. Sanchez doesn't seem like a good traditional right back defensively, as a right sided CB in a three part of the role is exactly that.

I could definitely be wrong, could be that Conte will be able to drill Sanchez defensively in terms of decision making and make his decisions on the ball easier to make up for his lack of skill on the ball. Conte has a great track record of getting a lot out of players thought to be not good enough. His trust in Sanchez gives me some hope, right now I struggle to see it though.
He'll play as the right sided CB.... but IMO isn't particularly suited as (like many of our CBs) he is poor on the ball. From what I have seen so far Ben Davies is the best suited of all our players in Conte's 3 at the back system. In Conte's eventual team, I think Romero will end up central and we'll end up with a new RCB and new LCB. Until we have those players we'll see Dier central, Romero (when fit) right and Davies left.

Without Romero for maybe three months, and needing time for any new signings to learn, we'll probably be seeing Davinson for a fair few more games

He'll play as the right sided CB.... but IMO isn't particularly suited as (like many of our CBs) he is poor on the ball. From what I have seen so far Ben Davies is the best suited of all our players in Conte's 3 at the back system. In Conte's eventual team, I think Romero will end up central and we'll end up with a new RCB and new LCB. Until we have those players we'll see Dier central, Romero (when fit) right and Davies left.

Mostly agree.

I know Romero played as the central CB at Atalanta. But that was in a somewhat unorthodox back three system the way I see it. For us, under Conte, I think it will be RCB for him. Dier centrally and Davies LCB. That to me looks reasonably strong, definitely no need for immediate upgrades.

But the backup options are so far rather unimpressive and that's not a good place to be and upgrading by strengthening the starting 11 rather than signing better backup players should be the STRATEGY. Left centre back being more critical as we only have Davies that fits that role imo.

Without Romero for maybe three months, and needing time for any new signings to learn, we'll probably be seeing Davinson for a fair few more games

We will. Sink or swim time. Between him, Tanganga and Rodon to stand up. I'm not filled with confidence with either right now. The Mura game obviously wasn't enough for Sanchez to lose his place given that Tanganga and Rodon haven't been great either.

Hopefully one of them can step up enough to make it no longer a competition. I fear they won't.

We will. Sink or swim time. Between him, Tanganga and Rodon to stand up. I'm not filled with confidence with either right now. The Mura game obviously wasn't enough for Sanchez to lose his place given that Tanganga and Rodon haven't been great either.

Hopefully one of them can step up enough to make it no longer a competition. I fear they won't.

Its the hope in Sanchez et al that will kill you. He has shown what he is like as a defender for us for numerous seasons ... shift please.

Its the hope in Sanchez et al that will kill you. He has shown what he is like as a defender for us for numerous seasons ... shift please.
And then he'll occasionally throw in a really very good performance that dangles the carrot of, "What if he can turn it around this time?"

I get why you are saying that. Kane, Son and Moura are hardly lighting up the score sheets.

But having watched the Mura game your have to be scared of our defence as well.
Mura: Sanchez was on left. Difficult game for him. Worry for me remains offence. They were horrible against Mura.

Mura: Sanchez was on left. Difficult game for him. Worry for me remains offence. They were horrible against Mura.

He got so easily megged on the edge of our box when he should held the play up. He still scares me in 1v1 positions. I tries too hard to be aggressive and its never gone out of his game.

I thought Sanchez was poor again today.
They didn't score, but he makes everything look so difficult.
Any pass to him results in a massive press from the opposition as he dribbles into his own corner and then scrapes it out of play.

Some players have that aura where you know they are in control and will do the right thing. Sanchez is far from that.

Back