• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

.........................Lloris......................
......Toby...........Sanchez.........Vert.......
Trippier......Wanyama...Dembele.......Rose
........Eriksen......................Dele.........
........................Kane.......................

Neither, imo. I think we will play 3 at the back more regularly (sanchez--toby--vert) with Dier being used more in midfield again and Dembele rotated a lot more. We saw towards the end of last season how well Dier and Wanyama played as a pair, with Wanyama acting as a more brute force version of Dembele.

Sanchez being able to play right-back is also a bonus -- this signing makes the squad so much stronger in defence and midfield (by way of freeing up Dier). Hope it gets finalised soon.
THAT sounds brilliant. Trust in Poch.

I think he will be given time to find his feet and when he does it will be in a three. Yeah, Dier will certainly play his favourite position and I see Dembele and Wanyama swapping around depending on who is needing a rest...more to come
in too I am guessing...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Makes me feel queasy about 40m for such a young player with no experience of the premiership.

As I said in another thread, I wish people would stop fixating on the money. We have banked circa £75m and lost at least three players thereby creating sufficient headroom in total wages. We need players to bolster the squad. The only question that needs to be asked is whether this guy is the right player for us.

With the 75 million, it can be two players at roughly 40million or three at 25million or multiple other combinations. There will always be risk and opportunity cost in any player we buy. However, we are in a very difficult buying position. Other clubs know we are currently cash rich, the market has gone ballistic both in terms of prices and wages and this severely limits the amount Levy will judge is "affordable" in our overall structure. Consequently this now severely restricts the pool of players we are able to buy.

We must therefore rely on Poch to determine which players he wants to bolster the squad and for Levy to judge the finances.

For our part as fans, we just need to sit back and see whether the players purchased deliver on the pitch - no matter what they cost.

As I said in another thread, I wish people would stop fixating on the money. We have banked circa £75m and lost at least three players thereby creating sufficient headroom in total wages. We need players to bolster the squad. The only question that needs to be asked is whether this guy is the right player for us.

With the 75 million, it can be two players at roughly 40million or three at 25million or multiple other combinations. There will always be risk and opportunity cost in any player we buy. However, we are in a very difficult buying position. Other clubs know we are currently cash rich, the market has gone ballistic both in terms of prices and wages and this severely limits the amount Levy will judge is "affordable" in our overall structure. Consequently this now severely restricts the pool of players we are able to buy.

We must therefore rely on Poch to determine which players he wants to bolster the squad and for Levy to judge the finances.

For our part as fans, we just need to sit back and see whether the players purchased deliver on the pitch - no matter what they cost.

And back them until they succeed or fail

We are expecting to compete on all fronts as fans ... getting in players that can help with foundational switches during periods or within games will allow us to have options.

Last year when kane was out we altered the set uo and son stepped up.

In modern football or the way our budget allows we have to target players than can play two positions i think.

Looks good in that vid (unsurprisingly) .

All Ajax players come with good technique and a good level of tactical nous if they have come through the academy. Has he?

No he had only been there for one year. Either he is a fast learner or naturally talented ... either way it gives him a good chance

Wow. It's almost as if the theory of opportunity cost has ceased to exist.

As I said in another thread, I wish people would stop fixating on the money.

It narrows down what can be discussed significantly if you try to stop people discussing whether a transfer represents good value and what else that money could get you.

It narrows down what can be discussed significantly if you try to stop people discussing whether a transfer represents good value and what else that money could get you.

He isn't trying to stop people discussing the value to over-keen rozzer, you!
He said people shouldn't fixate on it. Surely there's a difference.
One's about shutting down debate, the other is about broadening the scope of it.

Let's be fair -- we bought Vert and Eriksen from Ajax for phucking peanuts. They have looked at that, looked at this crazy market, know we have £50m Walker money in the back pocket and thought "Mr. Levy -- phuck you, pay me!"

Some transfers we will get value, some we will overpay, but the main thing for us is that the player performs. I have a good feeling about this guy and also, continuing to have a good relationship with Ajax will only be a positive for us.

Back