• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOuvBxACAAEFqVq.jpg

fcuk off you sh!t

look at his left leg anyway, is that the one he broke???? looks well dodgy imo

bullet dodged

Another country with loads of oil money and no intent on sharing with its population.

Most of the locals in those countries are looked after - well in Dubai for instance all the 'Emiratis' are given whatever they need. They just shaft literally everyone else.

As disappointing as this is, you have to see the funny side of it.

ITK: During the unveiling of the new kits they will announce the signing of Villa!!!!!

An hour, literally an hour after the kits are unveiled it's announced he's signed......for Atletico :ross:

You couldn't even make it up.

IBTL?

Most of the locals in those countries are looked after - well in Dubai for instance all the 'Emiratis' are given whatever they need. They just shaft literally everyone else.

And that group is usually a very small definition

Remember when Spurs were being linked with another Spanish-based striker not so long ago - Diego Forlan? We were allegedly in for him over the 2010 and 2011 transfer windows. No doubt we would have needed to sign him to a multi-year deal. Just like we would have with Villa.

Now Forlan is widely linked with a move from Internacional(yes, that one) to MLS. I'd bet Villa will be a candidate to join him quite soon.

We haven't missed out on anything special.

the model is still intact then.

I knew this deal wouldnt go through, to be quite frank..i dont think we were THAT desperte for him to begin with.

The benteke things sounds more like our style / levy's MO.....though i do think that 25 million is extortion. would rather put that money to lukaku who i think is a better player anyway

after seeing him play 120 minutes for Uruguay without breaking a sweat, I'd still take him too. Outstanding footballer

but to go from Villa to Benteke makes no sense whatsoever.....completely different players

if Villa was the man AVB wanted, then how is it that Benteke will suit our needs perfectly? I could understand it if lets say we desperately wanted Benteke, but he chose to go elsewhere and then we turned our attentions to someone like Dzeko for example. Or as Villa was the main target we missed out on, so we now go for Hernandez at Utd. That makes sense

very strange

What have Benteke and Dzeko got in common? Other than being forwards? Have you watched Benteke? Incredible workrate, great movement, scores goals and can play on the front foot or with back to goal. Plus with good coaching he will be even better. Again, think Ferdinand in his proper Newcash prime meets Drogba!

What you have missed about Villa is that it is wholly possible he would've been played left of a front three, interchanging with Bale...we will never know and it's history now. But don't make the mistake of thinking that Benteke and Dzeko are similar players mate...

What have Benteke and Dzeko got in common? Other than being forwards? Have you watched Benteke? Incredible workrate, great movement, scores goals and can play on the front foot or with back to goal. Plus with good coaching he will be even better. Again, think Ferdinand in his proper Newcash prime meets Drogba!

What you have missed about Villa is that it is wholly possible he would've been played left of a front three, interchanging with Bale...we will never know and it's history now. But don't make the mistake of thinking that Benteke and Dzeko are similar players mate...

I'd rather not. We want someone who is good!

thats exactly the player Dzeko was at Wolfsburg......dont be fooled by what you have seen at City. The move to City has fcuked him up. Price tag, pressure, not being first choice. It just hasnt worked out

At Wolfsburg he was signed by Felix Magath and anyone who knows Magath knows that he cannot stand slackers, he is one of the most demanding managers ever. Dzeko and Grafite were a phenomenal partnership and Wolfsburg won the title. His movement, goals, every type of goal, the work rate for the team was brilliant. I guess Dzeko was what Lewandowski is right now. Its such a shame to see whats become of him

Benteke himself will have a huge task in living up to the 25 mill price tag, plus playing for a bigger club. Dont discount such influences

thats exactly the player Dzeko was at Wolfsburg......dont be fooled by what you have seen at City. The move to City has fcuked him up. Price tag, pressure, not being first choice. It just hasnt worked out

At Wolfsburg he was signed by Felix Magath and anyone who knows Magath knows that he cannot stand slackers, he is one of the most demanding managers ever. Dzeko and Grafite were a phenomenal partnership and Wolfsburg won the title. His movement, goals, every type of goal, the work rate for the team was brilliant. I guess Dzeko was what Lewandowski is right now. Its such a shame to see whats become of him

Benteke himself will have a huge task in living up to the 25 mill price tag, plus playing for a bigger club. Dont discount such influences

Very good post.

He also had a phenomenal scoring record in Germany. In his two full seasons at city he's close to 1 in 2 in the league, despite probably playing quite a few of those games as a sub. Checked it actually, 14 goals in 16 starts and 16 sub appearances this season, 14 goals in 14 starts and 16 sub appearances last season.

Don't think he's realistic, but would be a great signing if we could get him.

Bentekes work rate is overrated. I think Defoe has better work rate if I am honest with you. He does have great movement though, something our forwards do lack, but that isn't worth £25m.

Benteke will frustrate a lot of Spurs fans, in fact give it a few months and he won't have quite the holy crowd behind him. He'll miss sitters, he'll shoot from distance when other options are open etc. Knowing the Spurs crowd (especially after Dempseys start last season) they'd boo him because he's a fudging Arsenal fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back