• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was never going to happen :ross: Steff, calling mr positivity thfcsteff to do some explaining to my broken heart..

And they've lost 4 of them to bigger/richer clubs. Now consider the meltdowns we have on here every time someone is interested in our top players.

but they brilliantly replace each striker that leaves.....

Tottenham's planned move for Barcelona forward David Villa hijacked by Atlético Madrid

Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas was dealt a potentially serious blow in his planning for next season on Monday when Barcelona accepted an offer from Atlético Madrid for David Villa.

Villas-Boas had earmarked Villa as a player who could add a major injection of quality into Tottenham's strikeforce and, after completing the £17 million signing of Paulinho, had hoped to push through a deal for Villa.

Atlético Madrid, however, want to replace Radamel Falcao with Villa and, although personal terms have still not been agreed, they did succeed with an offer.

It leaves Villa free to talk to Atlético and Tottenham needing to move quickly if they are willing to rival a bid that is only an initial €2.1 million but which could rise to €5.1 million if he stays at Atlético into the 2015-16 season.

Barcelona have also negotiated 50 per cent sell-on rights on the 31-year-old Spain striker.

Villas-Boas has missed out on a series of high-profile targets since joining Tottenham last summer, notably Oscar, Joao Moutinho and Leandro Damiao, and had clearly lacked attacking options last season with only Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor as his senior strikers.

any chance that Spurs could offer Barca more than A Madrid??

This was never going to happen :ross: Steff, calling mr positivity thfcsteff to do some explaining to my broken heart..

Villa didn't fancy leaving Spain, oh well, disappointed but we move on and anyway, if we get Benteke I'll be delighted as he suits our needs perfectly IMO...

Villa didn't fancy leaving Spain, oh well, disappointed but we move on and anyway, if we get Benteke I'll be delighted as he suits our needs perfectly IMO...

but to go from Villa to Benteke makes no sense whatsoever.....completely different players

if Villa was the man AVB wanted, then how is it that Benteke will suit our needs perfectly? I could understand it if lets say we desperately wanted Benteke, but he chose to go elsewhere and then we turned our attentions to someone like Dzeko for example. Or as Villa was the main target we missed out on, so we now go for Hernandez at Utd. That makes sense

very strange

I hope you don't believe that Steff. Not once has he said that, and we have never had a bid accepted as Barca would have mentioned it like they did with A.Madrid.

It's all been a bit of a pie in the sky rumour that a few nobs have latched on to and hoped for the best.

Villa is brick now anyway, fcuking past it. Nearly 32, would have been a waste of time....bullet dodged8-[

:)

I hope you don't believe that Steff. Not once has he said that, and we have never had a bid accepted as Barca would have mentioned it like they did with A.Madrid.

It's all been a bit of a pie in the sky rumour that a few nobs have latched on to and hoped for the best.

Are you saying that every time Barca agree a transfer fee with a club for a player they want to sell they make it public?

I think Barca made it public because a fee had been agreed and Villa had chosen that he wanted to go there myself.

but to go from Villa to Benteke makes no sense whatsoever.....completely different players

if Villa was the man AVB wanted, then how is it that Benteke will suit our needs perfectly? I could understand it if lets say we desperately wanted Benteke, but he chose to go elsewhere and then we turned our attentions to someone like Dzeko for example. Or as Villa was the main target we missed out on, so we now go for Hernandez at Utd. That makes sense

very strange

I think we are after two strikers, one CF and one to play out wide interchanging with Bale. Villa would have been utterly perfect in that role as he has played it for Barca (I think)

I think we are after two strikers, one CF and one to play out wide interchanging with Bale. Villa would have been utterly perfect in that role as he has played it for Barca (I think)

i really dont think Villa would have come to Spurs to play that role....

Villa would have been perfect especially at that price...but its a boat that has sailed and this thread will slip down the league......lol

Christian Eriksen still available???? would fit the inside forward role nicely.

I agree.

If we go for Benteke or Soldado, who I can't really see playing an inside forward role, then we should be looking for a more out and out inside forward as well. Hopefully at least.

Villa would have been perfect especially at that price...but its a boat that has sailed and this thread will slip down the league......lol

Christian Eriksen still available???? would fit the inside forward role nicely.

I've asked this before..has he ever played that role?

BOuvBxACAAEFqVq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back