• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Darwin Nunez

Yeah, I heard that too and thought that was precisely the kind of deal we would be looking for this summer. Cheeky bid?

Manchester United are pursuing a deal to sign Benfica striker Darwin Nunez, talkSPORT understands.

Benfica have slapped a £68million price tag on Nunez, who scored 34 goals this season.

The 22-year-old is said to be keen to become part of new United manager Erik ten Hag’s Old Trafford revolution.

If he does sign, United fans will be hoping Nunez can replicate what he did against their rivals Liverpool last season, having scored in both legs of their Champions League clash.

The Reds are one of the other clubs linked with the Uruguayan, who is also reportedly being targeted by Real Madrid and Tottenham.

Nunez has made nine appearances for his country, scoring two goals, and will be hoping to go to the World Cup with the national team later this year.

He is understood to want to play in the Champions League but Ten Hag will be hoping to tempt him to join his United revolution.

Interesting how he's supposedly keen to join Man U, but also not keen on joining a team not in the CL.

£70m is a lot of our budget. For someone that probably won't start?
We need some proper succession planning and good rotation options up front. Right now we have Son, Kane, Deki, and Lucas. That's not close to enough for what will likely be a 50-55 game season. He's going to get at least 35-40 games and will come off the bench in most of the ones he doesn't start thanks to the 5 sub rule. I would wager he gets an average of 70 mins per game he features in, which would equal the total number of minutes he got last year with Benfica.

If Conte wants him, I'm pretty sure we will go in for him and I don't think the price will daunt us, provided we have done some proper due diligence. Benta can provide some insight on him too. And I think the final price will probably be around £55-60m with options. Of course the player will need to want to join us too.

Nunez - £60m
Bastoni - £55m
Spence - £15m
SMS - £50-55m (or some other cheaper bloke that no one has heard of)

That's a £185m outlay and we will recoup around £70-80 from player sales. So net £105-115m. Not bad and we would have a genuine title contending team.

If anyone wants what I'm smoking, PM me.

We need some proper succession planning and good rotation options up front. Right now we have Son, Kane, Deki, and Lucas. That's not close to enough for what will likely be a 50-55 game season. He's going to get at least 35-40 games and will come off the bench in most of the ones he doesn't start thanks to the 5 sub rule. I would wager he gets an average of 70 mins per game he features in, which would equal the total number of minutes he got last year with Benfica.

If Conte wants him, I'm pretty sure we will go in for him and I don't think the price will daunt us, provided we have done some proper due diligence. Benta can provide some insight on him too. And I think the final price will probably be around £55-60m with options. Of course the player will need to want to join us too.

Nunez - £60m
Bastoni - £55m
Spence - £15m
SMS - £50-55m (or some other cheaper bloke that no one has heard of)

That's a £185m outlay and we will recoup around £70-80 from player sales. So net £105-115m. Not bad and we would have a genuine title contending team.

If anyone wants what I'm smoking, PM me.

I'd be happy for him to come to us. But think he would want to go to a club where he is first choice. At £70m it is a massive chunk of money.

Remember we have to pay for romero and reguillon this window as well. Hopefully that was budgeted and doesn't effect the £150m.

I'd be happy for him to come to us. But think he would want to go to a club where he is first choice. At £70m it is a massive chunk of money.

Remember we have to pay for romero and reguillon this window as well. Hopefully that was budgeted and doesn't effect the £150m.
We have to pay some of Romero and some of reguillion, not all of it
And this would be a deal structured in a similar way
United are strongly linked too yet have more forwards than any side

We have to pay some of Romero and some of reguillion, not all of it
And this would be a deal structured in a similar way
United are strongly linked too yet have more forwards than any side

Cavani is off. Greenwoods going to prison. Ronaldo in his last year and probably a bit part player. Nunez would probably be first choice.

Back