• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Real shame he didn't have better guidance on how to present things to both the media and his seniors. In your 20s some people are just rebellious. As he matures he can become a respected mature fella. But running his mouth off cost him in the latter part of his career. Still he's not complaining. A multimillionaire and he could still easily play at the top level for another 4 years, plus contribute to the coaching side.
It’s shame that he spoke as a fan
Said what fans thought
And then got criticised and ostracised for it
It’s a bravery that lots of players lack

So guy says (in an interview he didn't need to do) he's grateful to the club, he's happy this was his choice 14 years, he's enjoyed the academy work the club gave him, he's going to be back, Levy has offered him help and a welcome back in the future ..

And your response "Levy should be ashamed of himself" ...

You are referring to his new interview I take it. You didn't see his interview when he spoke the truth about the club and its transfer policy?

He may have matured and mellowed out since and the ball dropping with acting professionally. I'm sure him and Levy patched things up before this new interview and has put an overall view of things into perspective.

I think Danny is a really impressive guy, came across super well in this new interview and has clearly been a good servant to the club this last year.

No one was more annoyed at me when he went to The Sun, because our whole ethos and reason for competing was based around unity, and it looked like he was blowing that up. In actual fact, he was probably representing what a lot of key players in the squad (and Poch) clearly thought. They needed top tier reinforcements if they were going to be able to keep it up, and he was putting pressure on the club in his own way, because he wanted the club to succeed.

I think given that guy from a few years ago, to the one we saw today, he's clearly matured a lot. He seems to have done some deep work on himself, and seems at peace. For someone that had all of that energy and frustration burning inside of him to then have to spend a year in the reserves, and actually make the most of it...be thankful for that opportunity. That shows real growth and I think he can be really proud of himself. (And I hope that doesn't come across as patronising, I really mean it).

Thank you Danny! Hope you are reading this. What a great 14 years.

Back