• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I think he is just really poor now
He is 27 now and still switches off too easily
One of his best characteristics was his crossing. He is now petrified of the ball and passes its inside or backwards bu5 he makes it bounce in some odd way too.
He is just shot of any confidence in his game and needs to go IMO

He's playing in a team shot of confidence and switches position every other game. He's no world beater but I wouldn't be too quick to criticise his form.

He's playing in a team shot of confidence and switches position every other game. He's no world beater but I wouldn't be too quick to criticise his form.
Doesn’t excuse the basics
Why oh why is the tactics the reason for a players failings when it’s basics like keeping a line or marking your man at a corner
Or even something like passing the ball

I think that he's fine as a backup LB but he can't play LWB. Rose might be able to.

I agree with you about the LWB
Not in a million years should he play there!
(I also agree that a motivated Rose could)

A back up LB?
Not for us as we might sometimes have to play him and he’s champo level at best

Nice lad and may be able to do a job at Nottingham Forest for Chrissy but he’s a part of a long list that we should be disposing of next transfer window

Including not in any particular order of liability

Sanchez
Dier
Aurier
Winks
Sissoko
Moura
Lamela
Rose
Hugo

If we’re happy bumping around the bottom half of the table and the odd cup run without actually flirting with relegation then fine

Keep them and add similar but if we genuinely want to be title contenders we need to be ruthless and get rid of the dead wood

Jose has quite rightly come in for criticism recently but really I think any manager would have struggled with this shower

His back is against the wall now and I really hope that he can pull something out and get a result tomorrow night

Apologies for going off thread but it’s all linked as to our current state!

Doesn’t excuse the basics
Why oh why is the tactics the reason for a players failings when it’s basics like keeping a line or marking your man at a corner
Or even something like passing the ball

Or trying to get back as your opposing player goes for a return to a simple one two as on Sunday

Complete liability

I don't get why he wouldn't take say a 6 month loan to WBA to at least play again and get himself in the shop window. I can't see too many hot offers coming in for someone who's only gametime would have been a 6 month loan in 2 years.
Me too. I can only think he is not prepared to take any pay cut, but I’m not sure he’s going to get any better offers on a free or a particularly long or well paid contract with little form to go on. When you look at the numbers involved I really thought playing would be important, unless he’s planning to retire at the end of the season.

Me too. I can only think he is not prepared to take any pay cut, but I’m not sure he’s going to get any better offers on a free or a particularly long or well paid contract with little form to go on. When you look at the numbers involved I really thought playing would be important, unless he’s planning to retire at the end of the season.

He doesn't lose out from going on loan, I'm sure we'd subsidise some wages to at least save the club some money. I'd guess he's on around 70K per week so even if WBA paid half that we'd still save nearly £1m.

I agree
Jose has made mistakes recently but it's not his fault when some of these helmets do the brick they are doing on the pitch week in week out

tickle my balls with a feather, of course Jose has made mistakes ( ALL MANAGERS DO) but a lot of the blame must lay at the feet of the players who would not look out of place on Hackney marshes at the moment.

Maybe because some have been here too long ?( after all some of them did the same under Poch and got him the sack), they are getting pass their best? some of the mistakes these players are making every game shocking.

No I think we have some distinctly average players who Poch managed to elevate at times. The likes of Davies will regress under Mourinho who is not a manager who will take personal care of each player and improve them. They have to do it themselves. With players like Davies they have never been that gifted. Sure hard working professional but not brilliant at anything. Without Poch getting the most out of them they are not good enough.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No I think we have some distinctly average players who Poch managed to elevate at times
That's what every manager has to do.
When that stops he gets replaced and the new guy does 'a little' weeding and gets on with it. Wholesale replacements costs and takes some considerable time.

That's what every manager has to do.
When that stops he gets replaced and the new guy does 'a little' weeding and gets on with it. Wholesale replacements costs and takes some considerable time.

Each manager has their strengths (and weaknesses) Poch was exceptional at bringing players through and developing players. Not just with us, he got players average players like Rickie Lambert and Lalana playing at a CL level. He identified goals for them, what they needed to, and got them into a positive place where they often excelled - probably beyond their intrinsic skill level. Mourinho has tactical nous, but he's choreographed his successful teams with players who are already confident in their ability.

Last edited:
Each manager has their strengths (and weaknesses) Poch was exceptional at bringing players through and developing players. Not just with us, he got players average players like Rickie Lambert and Lalana playing at a CL level. He identified goals for them, what they needed to, and got them into a positive place where they often excelled - probably beyond their intrinsic skill level. Mourinho has tactical nous, but he's done with players who are already confident in their ability.

Should that be 'inability'

Normally once the deadline passes clubs try negotiate pay-offs to get rid of out of contract players don't they. Do you think now the window has closed we will try and find a deal for him to leave early? Seems weird coming to training everyday knowing you won't play and cannot sign for anyone for another 5-6 months. Maybe from a selfish point of view it's better for him to keep training at the club and stay reasonably fit until the summer window opens.

Edited. I was eating McDonalds! First time for a while. Always feel let down after.

Confused!!! I could well be having a dyslexia attack, help?

I get the MacDonalds bit and totally get it. but the connection to inability ?

Last edited:
Back