• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Nobody will admit to this, but it is the mental health issues that are the stumbling block.

You may be right, that probably has something to do with no one wanting him, Of course it could also have something to do with his attitude and the fact he is not really any good anymore.

Hasn't he admitted to depression? i thought it was on the record. I reckon some clubs have given him a miss because of this. Not saying I approve of that, because I do not.

He has but that doesn't mean that is the issue now. There are plenty of established players who are struggling to find new clubs at the moment. The risk is that you end up stigmatising players because they have discussed mental health issues and that can make it harder for people to discuss a really important issue.

He has but that doesn't mean that is the issue now. There are plenty of established players who are struggling to find new clubs at the moment. The risk is that you end up stigmatising players because they have discussed mental health issues and that can make it harder for people to discuss a really important issue.

Milo, that was my whole point, the fact that he was facing prejudice based on his past admission.

Hope he gets a move to a big club. Some have never forgiven him for telling the truth and for not toeing the line like most footballers do. He should always be welcome at our club for what he gave us on the pitch.

Issue isn't others he isn't playing for or nor is getting a move to a big club. At his age and ability that's on him

Really hope he goes for one of those, they seem quite stable as clubs and should be near the top of the table and it will help him with his next move if he can prove his fitness over a season.

To be fair, I’d imagine that’ll be hard to take for Rose. Last season he thought he was looking at going to a great European club (Milan). He thought lower half of the league was beneath him. He’s now looking at the Championship.

Personally, I’m sure he could still do a job in the Premier League. Why isn’t he getting the chance?

To be fair, I’d imagine that’ll be hard to take for Rose. Last season he thought he was looking at going to a great European club (Milan). He thought lower half of the league was beneath him. He’s now looking at the Championship.

Personally, I’m sure he could still do a job in the Premier League. Why isn’t he getting the chance?

The managers around the world probably watched All or Nothing trying to get some nuggets from Mourinho ... then out popped Danny with his team ethic

Because he spoken out about his mental health issues and clubs dont want a player like that unless hes banging in 20 odd goals a season

Because he spoken out about his mental health issues and clubs dont want a player like that unless hes banging in 20 odd goals a season

Sadly, I think there is truth in this. Coupled with his outspoken nature, clubs see him as more trouble than he's worth. I think that's a bit sad and shows that, really, when it comes to stuff like this, clubs don't care too much about players. A lot of lip service but actions speak louder than words. It reminds me of all these companies falling over themselves to support the BLM movement. The same ones who didn't utter a word when Colin Kapernick was being blacklisted for a legitimate protest. After George Floyd, they all wanted to showcase their diversity and inclusivity programmes. I didn't see one company come out and say "we had a problem with racism and this is how we dealt with it". It was very much "this is a societal problem but not for us". Same thing with mental health and football for me. Clubs make the right noises but I suspect we have a lad here whose career is suffering because of his issues (not all mental health and some of his own making) and no one is queuing up to help him from what I can see.

To go from England international one season to not being good enough for the Premier League the next says this isn't all down to ability.

The sad thing here is I see Rose becoming more outspoken and destructive because he's going to feel very hard done by.

To go from England international one season to not being good enough for the Premier League the next says this isn't all down to ability.

How did he do at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I don't remember watching them with him in the side but I think that he probably would have got a PL move this summer if he'd played well there.

Back