• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I do feel that as Rose gives away a lot physically, he has to be at the absolute top of his fitness to play his most effective game. So often I recall and appreciated him getting clattered making aerial challenges he had to make and wasn’t favourite for, even if he did win the ball he’d still get hit anyway.
A non limelight club, in a less physical league may just the thing to get him a run of games and the language barrier may actually help him!
Could be a lonely place if it’s not working out though, so a loan may be better.
I was always saddened by his comments about not forgetting how he was treated by the fans when he first started, but he did say he wanted to run out in front of us one last time so would be nice to give him a good reception at some point in the future.

I do feel that as Rose gives away a lot physically, he has to be at the absolute top of his fitness to play his most effective game. So often I recall and appreciated him getting clattered making aerial challenges he had to make and wasn’t favourite for, even if he did win the ball he’d still get hit anyway.
A non limelight club, in a less physical league may just the thing to get him a run of games and the language barrier may actually help him!
Could be a lonely place if it’s not working out though, so a loan may be better.
I was always saddened by his comments about not forgetting how he was treated by the fans when he first started, but he did say he wanted to run out in front of us one last time so would be nice to give him a good reception at some point in the future.

I think that his biggest problem last season was reading the game, maybe he'll regain this with a run of games, but he was continuingly getting caught out of position.

I think that his biggest problem last season was reading the game, maybe he'll regain this with a run of games, but he was continuingly getting caught out of position.
TBF the defence was a shambles last season across the board
It took covid for the team to realise stopping teams crossing would stop a chunk of chances
Blocking teams in front of goal means they don’t get a free hit
The Only time we got it wrong was Sheffield away and they salted around our FBs

TBF the defence was a shambles last season across the board
It took covid for the team to realise stopping teams crossing would stop a chunk of chances
Blocking teams in front of goal means they don’t get a free hit
The Only time we got it wrong was Sheffield away and they salted around our FBs

I'm talking about his reading of the game, rather than the general defensive lapses. It happened under both managers. He kept getting caught between positions both along the flank and in the box.

I'm talking about his reading of the game, rather than the general defensive lapses. It happened under both managers. He kept getting caught between positions both along the flank and in the box.
Indeed
But as I’ve highlighted before I saw Ben Davies last season try to call offside against a man who was running with the ball on our goal line... that was a first
The defence has been full of players being stupid now for some time (not stupid players)
Rose gets dig out because he said what the fans thought... sign some players who are know quality. It’s odd that a player does that but he did it with the right intentions
Clearly it tinkled some people off

Indeed
But as I’ve highlighted before I saw Ben Davies last season try to call offside against a man who was running with the ball on our goal line... that was a first
The defence has been full of players being stupid now for some time (not stupid players)
Rose gets dig out because he said what the fans thought... sign some players who are know quality. It’s odd that a player does that but he did it with the right intentions
Clearly it tinkled some people off

I'm not saying that other players haven't made mistakes, although Davies was a lot more reliable last season and better suited to Mourinho's game.

Like I said, some of Rose's positional problems may have been down to rustiness or form but we didn't really have the luxury of having time to give him a run to find out.

I'm not saying that other players haven't made mistakes, although Davies was a lot more reliable last season and better suited to Mourinho's game.

Like I said, some of Rose's positional problems may have been down to rustiness or form but we didn't really have the luxury of having time to give him a run to find out.
Davies was brilliant vs West Ham then got injured. Before that he was poor like everyone else
After lockdown he was solid but that Sheffield performance was honestly one of the most inept I’ve seen from him
I like Davies. People forget or don’t realise 2 years again he created the most chances of any defender in the league at that time. He can also play CB solidly and is a functional player
I just find it funny that fans dig out rose considering how good we were when he played, and all because he spoke like a fan (not saying that’s what’s your saying by the way)

I like genoa. Will probably have to switch to sampdoria for next year.
It is very hard to understand what you mean.

Genoa are Genoa, based in Genoa.

Sampdoria are Sampdoria, based in Genoa.

Sampdoria were formed in 1946 from the merger of Samp...... and .......Doria.

Whereas Genoa: Established on 7 September 1893, it is Italy's fourth oldest football team, and the oldest Italian football team to be still active to this day, with over 125 years of history.
Nickname(s): Il Grifone (The Griffin); I Rossoblù (The Red and Blues); Il Vecchio Balordo (The Old Fool)

Davies was brilliant vs West Ham then got injured. Before that he was poor like everyone else
After lockdown he was solid but that Sheffield performance was honestly one of the most inept I’ve seen from him
I like Davies. People forget or don’t realise 2 years again he created the most chances of any defender in the league at that time. He can also play CB solidly and is a functional player
I just find it funny that fans dig out rose considering how good we were when he played, and all because he spoke like a fan (not saying that’s what’s your saying by the way)

The issue with Rose was he did it loads and sometimes he was wrong as well as right. When we made the CL final he featured in the Standard to say he was wrong, credible but also cynically was he sucking up to feature in the final.

Reality is at 30 or whatever he is he should be first choice LB here, fact he isn't and options are Genoa and not Man U as it was 2 years ago is on him, its not just everyone else's fault that he is regressing badly for where he should be

The issue with Rose was he did it loads and sometimes he was wrong as well as right. When we made the CL final he featured in the Standard to say he was wrong, credible but also cynically was he sucking up to feature in the final.

Reality is at 30 or whatever he is he should be first choice LB here, fact he isn't and options are Genoa and not Man U as it was 2 years ago is on him, its not just everyone else's fault that he is regressing badly for where he should be
Loads?
Give me some examples please as I know the sun interview and I heard him on the radio a lot about racial abuse

Loads?
Give me some examples please as I know the sun interview and I heard him on the radio a lot about racial abuse

There were a fair few in the Evening Standard

I can drag them out in morning, he was never shy at giving his view, commendable to some, others may say its fueled his downfall.

Anyway like I say Genoa at 30 is hardly where his talent should take him, he likes honesty and openness so wonder if he acknowledges that or moans its others fault and all a bit unfair

There were a fair few in the Evening Standard

I can drag them out in morning, he was never shy at giving his view, commendable to some, others may say its fueled his downfall.

Anyway like I say Genoa at 30 is hardly where his talent should take him, he likes honesty and openness so wonder if he acknowledges that or moans its others fault and all a bit unfair

well he should have been playing for England last weekend but maybe avoiding that car crash won’t hurt

Back