• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I wonder if we're going in to more randomination territory here but I'll try to answer your points without sounding too prickly....(but the main focus of my message is at the end)

Meal planning if anything saves money / and or time so I'm not sure why you're making out the inclination to be a bad one?

Also, what, if anything is an unsocial food? That term makes literally no sense to me. Is pizza still a social food even if you're eating it with your hands whilst breaking down in to tears by yourself after having the worst shift of your life on ward?

I'm sorry but if you're on your feet and moving about I don't see pizza as the best option, from a basic nutritional point of view and I could see why Rose hasn't taken that in to consideration (I'm not trying to fat shame him but pro footballers coming in to the season having put loads on during the off season bewilders me). I was fairly certain that you weren't in pizza sales but that's the tone your message gives, as if you're trying to defend the use of it as the fuel of key workers...Shares in dominoes maybe? ;)

The key point just to stress, is that whether it's Pizza / Playstation vouchers / red bull (my avy isn't out of choice.....) / 10% discount for ann summers or whatever frivolous luxury / discount that every big company has very publicly thrown at the NHS is not what is truly needed. They could totally be seen as lovely bonuses for the staff, which could in theory have a big impact on morale of the key workers but I'd think they'd rather have proper equipment / wage. The cynic in me is always going to see the brand placement + the appropriateness of the bonuses in question.
How does a footballer get materials than the NHS need that the NHS can’t get themselves?

Jesus wept.....

Danny Rose can't buy the NHS workers the equipment they need, but I'm sure he would have if that was an option

I also believe that he probably contacted somebody at the hospital and asked if he could send them all a meal, asking what they'd want. There possibly were a couple of health conscious meal-preparers but I'm sure 99% of people said that a nice hot pizza would be fab

Stop judging others and do something yourself...

I've said that I acknowledge the financial contribution that he has made to the hospital so he will have contributed to getting the NHS in to working order.

Regarding contacting the hospital and putting it out to a vote, I appreciate you bringing that to my attention as a potential version of events that may have happened (and is what I hope had happened!). As for the bolded point, please watch your tone when you don't know what you're talking about.

How does a footballer get materials than the NHS need that the NHS can’t get themselves?

By donating money, which he has done and I have acknowledged in the first post. You intially missed my point completely and then have ignored any detail in the following post so it's clear this isn't going to go anywhere! As stated by the vic and bob handbags (which did make me chortle), I get that the pizza point is something that is me being a bit particular but I attempted to widen the example but clearly there wasn't much point.

It's a totally different situation but previously anytime in an office where the manager has pushed the boat out and got breakfast (bacon sarnies) or pizza for everyone I'm not a huge fan. It's this obligation to be so thankful when really I don't want to eat that brick and oddly enough I'll have prepped the food I want to eat with me for the day. I guess to many that'll make me sound like "one of those" who is just trying to be difficult.

I have had the coronavirus and would rather have it again then eat fcuking dominos. The are still some proper pizza places that deliver. Tides near me is exceptional and do delivery.

Remember after wiggins won gold at the London Olympics and someone asked him if he was going to get a McDonald to celebrate. He said no he had trained for years and was going to go to a nice restaurant for a steak and a bottle of wine.

Were funny in this country how we celebrate with crap food.

I would have sent the hospital baskets of fruit and lovely elderflower water. But despite my common start in life i have some class unlike danny rose.

I have had the coronavirus and would rather have it again then eat fcuking dominos. The are still some proper pizza places that deliver. Tides near me is exceptional and do delivery.

Remember after wiggins won gold at the London Olympics and someone asked him if he was going to get a McDonald to celebrate. He said no he had trained for years and was going to go to a nice restaurant for a steak and a bottle of wine.

I would have sent the hospital baskets of fruit and lovely elderflower water. But despite my common start in life i have some class unlike danny rose.

maybe fruit would be deemed a health issue ?

I jut put this to my sister (NHS doctor). She said fruit and elderflower water would probably have been largely left to rot. Pizzas massively appreciated and absolutely inhaled by the staff and indeed probably the second best option for a gift after fags and booze.

I jut put this to my sister (NHS doctor). She said fruit and elderflower water would probably have been largely left to rot. Pizzas massively appreciated and absolutely inhaled by the staff and indeed probably the second best option for a gift after fags and booze.

Maybe explains why so many of them go down ill then.

I absolutely respect the workers in the NHS but they need educating if they prefer pizza to beautiful fruit and lovely fruit waters.

I know which i would prefer. I have a health issue so on the whole eat properly and then the is tatse factor.

The NHS staff might do an important job but there also probably the sort of chavs who watch itv talent shows.

maybe fruit would be deemed a health issue ?

We've had all kinds of food gifted to our hospitals recently.

Mostly León meals and sometimes pizza as well. We have however also had shipments of fruit, which I personally prefer to the pizzas.

So don't think there should be a health issue to bring in fruit.

Having said that, every time I try to bring in nuts or fruit as a healthy snack to share on the ward/outpatients etc instead of chocolates, people often complain so what do I know?

Probably partly explains why so many of the employees are so overweight though.

Would say a lot about this countries attitude to health if it were.

I voted out in the EU referendum purely because of self governance but honestly think i have more in common with Europeans then the chavs in this country.

Fruit is better then pizza.

everything is fine in moderation! MY fav is pasta! But I like all food! Except for broad-beans!

We've had all kinds of food gifted to our hospitals recently.

Mostly León meals and sometimes pizza as well. We have however also had shipments of fruit, which I personally prefer to the pizzas.

So don't think there should be a health issue to bring in fruit.

Having said that, every time I try to bring in nuts or fruit as a healthy snack to share on the ward/outpatients etc instead of chocolates, people often complain so what do I know?

Probably partly explains why so many of the employees are so overweight though.
This.

I'm in constant amazement that those who watch fat clams die all day can be so overweight themselves.

And I'm not talking about that "carrying a few pounds, probably doesn't look great naked" kind of overweight. I mean that "oh, that's why the hospital has revolving doors" overweight.

Bringing in a salad would at least get them some exercise when they run in the other direction.

Edit: Waddle, I meant waddle.

I think we can all agree that cakes and pizzas and cookies are terrible food choices in any workplace, let alone a hospital.

What they really need is a massive selection of succulent roast meat and a pepper grinder.

This.

I'm in constant amazement that those who watch fat clams die all day can be so overweight themselves.

And I'm not talking about that "carrying a few pounds, probably doesn't look great naked" kind of overweight. I mean that "oh, that's why the hospital has revolving doors" overweight.

Bringing in a salad would at least get them some exercise when they run in the other direction.

carer's curse - the people who are best at looking after others often fail to look after themselves as well as they need

I just bought a 20" pizza for the few staff we have in. Was amazing. They also got salad.

No one has to eat pizza. NHS staff are not forced to either. Are we over analysing a simple harmless gift?
This.

I promise it wasn't my intention to start off a debate about fat people in the Danny Rose thread but it's funny how things go around full circle!

I do try not to judge people but I've been in for a check up where a nurse is telling me to eat 7/8 portions of fruit and veg when it seems like the nurse must have considered terrys chocolate orange to be one of her 7/8 a day. It makes it hard to take any other advice seriously from these people and I have issues with medical staff as it is.

I think we can all agree that cakes and pizzas and cookies are terrible food choices in any workplace, let alone a hospital.

No it's clear that I'm a monster that made Jesus weep for questioning it. If your hearts in the right place (or at least your social media makes it look that way and you get a good backhander from the involved company) it doesn't matter whether it's actually helpful or not apparently!

As I eluded to though, it is a gripe of mine and I understand NHS staff are not being force fed pizza. However, for the ones who actually would rather not, in a social setting it's sticking your head above the parapet to look ungrateful and suddenly you feel inclined to justify yourself. Those on the other side of the fence will say just politely decline, what's the big deal? You're made out to look ungrateful and maybe it is cause I've mainly worked with bellends so I have a negative view of it.

Like most of my recent posts during this time I'm just essentially highlighting flashpoints that brought on interpersonal issues that happened ages ago that I'm insecure about; I don't have Spurs to tinkle me off or give me that rare lift of endorphins so gotta bitch about something on here!

Back