• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

The player can make things happen though
Only thing with Digne is he hasn’t shown a huge amount defensively IMO and has shone more in the attacking side of his game

You are right the player can make things happen, but I think it will be highly unlikely that he can force the price below £50m if he has 4 years left on his contract, particularly in the current market when Wan Bissaka is going for £50m and Maguire £80-90m.

Who knows what his priorities are? At 29 it could be a cushy contract, close to home, at a team that can compete. Which I think Everton would tick the boxes for.

They have a decent squad, seem to be making good moves (linked to Maduzic this morning, would make the world of difference), have a good manager and are well placed for EUROPA qualification if not a run on the CL.

Arsenal and Utd are in rebuilds, Chelsea have a rookie manager and transfer ban - I dont see why Everton wouldnt fancy themselves to get in the mix with these teams (added advantage of no european distractions).

I could completely understand Rose being tempted by Everton (as I say, priorities permitting).

Im less convinced as to why Everton would want Rose when they have Digne (and Baines as back up).
Rose has been one of my favourite players on the pitch but after he gave that interview I was surprised at some of the resentment he seemed to be carrying when he’d given so much on the pitch. He was underrated outside of us for quite a while too and you can see why the Walker move turned his head.
The moving up North thing I think was code for being tapped up / wanting to go to Man U imo. This feels like it is our decision and I’m not even sure Everton will be the best he can get. Wherever he goes it will not surprise me that post his new wage bounce he will be vocal about the limitations of his new club.

I hope we do a better job of replacing him than we did with Walker.

He's one of a core of players I'd be sad for us to sell. He's not amazing, he's not technically brilliant. But his drive and determination are. He changes games. He's one of the few players we have that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck, and shows no fear. We need more of that maturity and determination. He's also not bad technically. Will be hard to replace, but can see why its time to move him on (fiancial reasons and maybe he fancies a change and payday like his mate Walker).

He's one of a core of players I'd be sad for us to sell. He's not amazing, he's not technically brilliant. But his drive and determination are. He changes games. He's one of the few players we have that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck, and shows no fear. We need more of that maturity and determination. He's also not bad technically. Will be hard to replace, but can see why its time to move him on (fiancial reasons and maybe he fancies a change and payday like his mate Walker).

Technically a bipolar reply

Rose has been one of my favourite players on the pitch but after he gave that interview I was surprised at some of the resentment he seemed to be carrying when he’d given so much on the pitch. He was underrated outside of us for quite a while too and you can see why the Walker move turned his head.
The moving up North thing I think was code for being tapped up / wanting to go to Man U imo. This feels like it is our decision and I’m not even sure Everton will be the best he can get. Wherever he goes it will not surprise me that post his new wage bounce he will be vocal about the limitations of his new club.

I hope we do a better job of replacing him than we did with Walker.

This. We’ve not replaced Walker adequately and we still are worser for it.

Not happy to see Rose leave. Thought he started to look like his old self again last season, and had hopes he would push on next season. Must surely mean we have someone lined up to replace him.

Not gone anywhere yet and not a certainty to move by any means. He wanted a move last season and was unable to secure one. He is a complex character with not the greatest injury record so it may be difficult to get a move without us lowering our price. Hopefully he'll still be here at the start of next season.

Not gone anywhere yet and not a certainty to move by any means. He wanted a move last season and was unable to secure one. He is a complex character with not the greatest injury record so it may be difficult to get a move without us lowering our price. Hopefully he'll still be here at the start of next season.
For me the fact he's been left behind in order to help him sort out a move says it all. It's goodbye and thanks for the memories.

For me the fact he's been left behind in order to help him sort out a move says it all. It's goodbye and thanks for the memories.

It seems like we are trying to force him out. We did the same to Crouch, he wanted to stay and we told him that he'd be training with the kids to force him to accept a move.

It seems like we are trying to force him out. We did the same to Crouch, he wanted to stay and we told him that he'd be training with the kids to force him to accept a move.

Certainly seems that way. If we get a silly offer then that’s understandable but that’s not the case here at all.

Think it’s a risk potentially losing Rose and Toby in the same window. Lack of experience is a factor in why we haven’t won a trophy in the last few years.

Certainly seems that way. If we get a silly offer then that’s understandable but that’s not the case here at all.

Think it’s a risk potentially losing Rose and Toby in the same window. Lack of experience is a factor in why we haven’t won a trophy in the last few years.

I think that the lack of trophies is down to squad depth rather than experience. The rest of the squad is older now, so I see this as less of a problem. It has also been forced on us doing a bigger overhaul this summer because of our lack of activity last.

Its not obvious to me who the buyers are for Rose. Cant see that Liverpool or Man C would be interested, Cheatski cant, Arse dont have money, perhaps Man U? Everton have Digne, Leicester has Chilwell....who is Wolves left back?

Its not obvious to me who the buyers are for Rose. Cant see that Liverpool or Man C would be interested, Cheatski cant, Arse dont have money, perhaps Man U? Everton have Digne, Leicester has Chilwell....who is Wolves left back?

Maybe somewhere abroad like Trippier?

Back