• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I can’t see how Rose can be considering his mental health putting himself onto a collision course with Poch, Levy and all of us who have supported him through his injury recover over this past season.

(I am interpreting his latest statement as a passive aggressive attack on the club.)

He is now in Russia under incredible strain to break into the England team and quite frankly he should be better advised. He will now come back to London facing questions rather than enjoying an all too short break ahead of pre season.

I trust you have read what I posted in this thread, so will know that I actually few HIS people let him down.

But how do you feel the club “let him down”? Frankly I think that is an astonishing conclusion but am keen to understand your angle? Because for me, there is simply no evidence whatsoever of that.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Well steff I’m just going off my own perception and feelings to how I felt when I read his article.

There’s things he said but perhaps it’s the unsaid things that made me think this way.

In all honesty I can’t say I’m Rose’s biggest fan...I’ll always feel something for him for that thunderbolt but I can’t say I fully respect his conduct over the last couple of years.

Either way I know how clubs and us as fans are when a player is injured for a lengthy spell. Subconsciously we put them to the bottom of the scrap heap or into the useless category.

Going by what he said ‘did we push him into treatment that wasn’t really the best thing for him? Did we adopt a fudge you youll rot for a bit attitude because of his ‘pay me what I’m worth speech?

Look at some of the responses on this thread to back then.

We’re all guilty of a bit of neglect sometimes and perhaps Danny and his ego couldn’t handle it...

Did dums some might say? Yeah he’s on a fortune playing for a top club not having to worry about half the stuff that joe public has to worry about but it doesn’t stop him from being human or being succeptible to depression.

You love this club steff that’s very effing clear to me...like you’d love a son or a daughter...And I love you for it. Yet sometimes we have to contemplate that our children can do wrong.

Steff I cannot give you evidence only my free thoughts on a message board.

We have had so much positive news out of our club over the last few years that one of our players coming out and saying he’s battling depression...calling England his salvation and not talking about things because the club will just fine him is tbh a slap in the face...it feels like a dig at our club...

And I wonder if that explains some of the more aggressive posts on here.

Whilst I don’t think Danny is the brightest I see no reason for him to lie...

So I’m just wondering aside from all the wrong things young Mr Rose has done...isn’t it entirely plausible that we’re not completely blameless in said events...? And I’m not talking about just paying him what he wants or authorising a transfer that he may have wanted.

Sorry to ramble...

Well steff I’m just going off my own perception and feelings to how I felt when I read his article.

There’s things he said but perhaps it’s the unsaid things that made me think this way.

In all honesty I can’t say I’m Rose’s biggest fan...I’ll always feel something for him for that thunderbolt but I can’t say I fully respect his conduct over the last couple of years.

Either way I know how clubs and us as fans are when a player is injured for a lengthy spell. Subconsciously we put them to the bottom of the scrap heap or into the useless category.

Going by what he said ‘did we push him into treatment that wasn’t really the best thing for him? Did we adopt a fudge you youll rot for a bit attitude because of his ‘pay me what I’m worth speech?

Look at some of the responses on this thread to back then.

We’re all guilty of a bit of neglect sometimes and perhaps Danny and his ego couldn’t handle it...

Did dums some might say? Yeah he’s on a fortune playing for a top club not having to worry about half the stuff that joe public has to worry about but it doesn’t stop him from being human or being succeptible to depression.

You love this club steff that’s very effing clear to me...like you’d love a son or a daughter...And I love you for it. Yet sometimes we have to contemplate that our children can do wrong.

Steff I cannot give you evidence only my free thoughts on a message board.

We have had so much positive news out of our club over the last few years that one of our players coming out and saying he’s battling depression...calling England his salvation and not talking about things because the club will just fine him is tbh a slap in the face...it feels like a dig at our club...

And I wonder if that explains some of the more aggressive posts on here.

Whilst I don’t think Danny is the brightest I see no reason for him to lie...

So I’m just wondering aside from all the wrong things young Mr Rose has done...isn’t it entirely plausible that we’re not completely blameless in said events...? And I’m not talking about just paying him what he wants or authorising a transfer that he may have wanted.

Sorry to ramble...

It IS possible mate, of course, denying that would be churlish. But on the evidence I think it is highly unlikely. Lamela is a fine example of someone who went though hard times yet was supported fully by the club. I think given the levels of agitation The Rose Camp engaged in last summer, Poch and the club have been very, very good in fairness. As I understand it, Poch is hard but very fair.

You are right to say it sounds like a dig at our club -I believe it is- but I believe he is being poorly advised/unprotected by his own reps. In fairness, I do not think he’d have had the chance to sneak a World Cup place at any other team given his year. There were times when he was (for him) VERY overweight, yet Poch kept faith and kept guiding him through.

I think the people around him need need to take a long, hard look at themselves and what their true motivations might be (this is simply my personal opinion and is not intended in any other way)..:

Hope all is well mate.

It IS possible mate, of course, denying that would be churlish. But on the evidence I think it is highly unlikely. Lamela is a fine example of someone who went though hard times yet was supported fully by the club. I think given the levels of agitation The Rose Camp engaged in last summer, Poch and the club have been very, very good in fairness. As I understand it, Poch is hard but very fair.

You are right to say it sounds like a dig at our club -I believe it is- but I believe he is being poorly advised/unprotected by his own reps. In fairness, I do not think he’d have had the chance to sneak a World Cup place at any other team given his year. There were times when he was (for him) VERY overweight, yet Poch kept faith and kept guiding him through.

I think the people around him need need to take a long, hard look at themselves and what their true motivations might be (this is simply my personal opinion and is not intended in any other way)..:

Hope all is well mate.

All is good bud...

Yeah I think your definitely onto something about his reps not looking after his best interests.

Yeah who knows how Lamela got through what must of been a tough gig. Perhaps more emotionally mature with better peeps around him.

I was referring to Rose having issues with Levy more than poch...rose said himself after poch gave him that 15 mins away at Dortmund that poch is a class act...which I think he is too.

Anyway was just airing my views so peeps can either say horse manure or maybe yeah hang on. Perhaps just to make peeps think about it differently rather than just label the guy a taco.

Anyway guess this has been done to death already. I knew there was a reason I told myself just to come out with lame ass jokes and silly songs on here.

But self righteous prick that I am I wanted to get my two cents out on this. So thanks for taking the time to hear my ramblings and debating in a manner that you always do...a proper gent!

That’s a bloody good point that I’ve never considered before. Lamela went through absolute hell for over a year and we did everything we could to help him. He’s far from home, had an amazingly tough time, but he seems to at least appreciate what we did for him.

On the one hand, this is about bigger things than football rivalry and there is no law in the grand scheme of things for Rose to feel in any way positive about Spurs unless he wants to. On the other, this club made him one of the best in the world in his position and yes, he has to live aboit 4 hours away from home for most of his 20s and 30s, but it would be nice to not be viewed with the apathy at best he seems to view us with. Completely dispassionately. I think he views Spurs as the reason he isn’t close to home, and therefore everything that happens comes back to us being seen as that negative thing.

As I said, no law against him feeling however he wants. But it is a shame.

That’s a bloody good point that I’ve never considered before. Lamela went through absolute hell for over a year and we did everything we could to help him. He’s far from home, had an amazingly tough time, but he seems to at least appreciate what we did for him.

On the one hand, this is about bigger things than football rivalry and there is no law in the grand scheme of things for Rose to feel in any way positive about Spurs unless he wants to. On the other, this club made him one of the best in the world in his position and yes, he has to live aboit 4 hours away from home for most of his 20s and 30s, but it would be nice to not be viewed with the apathy at best he seems to view us with. Completely dispassionately. I think he views Spurs as the reason he isn’t close to home, and therefore everything that happens comes back to us being seen as that negative thing.

I think he is being ill-advised. I would not be surprised to hear his relationship with the club is good. I would thus not be surprised to hear they were surprised!!! Glad the story did not get much traction TBH and hope he is being looked after well..:

Ungrateful is what it is. We saved him from the North!

I think you're making a lot of assumptions based on not a lot except him not expressing his undying love for Spurs during him talking about his depression....

Its not his lack of undying love, its his general tone about the club.

He has always had a chip on his shoulder, and I dont recall him ever seeming properly inclusive with the club.

I dont think people expect him to blow smoke the clubs ass, but also they dont expect the general disdain he seems to have at the same time.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions based on not a lot except him not expressing his undying love for Spurs during him talking about his depression....
The Lamela comparisons are correct IMO, I doubt Eric got any preferential treatment over Rose in their respective injury lay offs, Lamella has had similar family troubles, yet he always speaks about Spurs with respect and wanting to pay them back. With Rose you get comments about being fined and how much better it is with the England camp.

The tone of the latest interview was plain as day.

The Lamela comparisons are correct IMO, I doubt Eric got any preferential treatment over Rose in their respective injury lay offs, Lamella has had similar family troubles, yet he always speaks about Spurs with respect and wanting to pay them back. With Rose you get comments about being fined and how much better it is with the England camp.

Yes and one of them suffers from depression so should be given a bit of slack even if he does appear to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He really didnt say anything wrong, and as always some are getting precious about not a lot. Whos to say he hasnt thanked those who have supported him at Spurs in person, he doesnt have to do it in every media interview just to appease some fans....

He has always had a chip on his shoulder, and I dont recall him ever seeming properly inclusive with the club.

I dont think people expect him to blow smoke the clubs ass, but also they dont expect the general disdain he seems to have at the same time.

Agree with both of the above.

Yes and one of them suffers from depression so should be given a bit of slack even if he does appear to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He really didnt say anything wrong, and as always some are getting precious about not a lot. Whos to say he hasnt thanked those who have supported him at Spurs in person, he doesnt have to do it in every media interview just to appease some fans....
And as always some are happy to put a spin on anything as long as it’s negative towards Spurs.

Why would he thank Spurs in person then give an interview like that saying “he can’t say anymore about Spurs or he’ll Be fined”. Do you think that’s what happened, if so based on what evidence? Do you think that’s a positive or negative tone/message about Spurs?

I find your last sentence hilarious bearing in mind only last week you were calling out Pochettino at his book signing!

I don't think people expect him to blow smoke the clubs ass, but also they don't expect the general disdain he seems to have at the same time.

But so many do!
We are fans of the club, Danny is player be interviewed by a newspaper looking for some dirt/an angle.
Rose actually is quite refreshing. But I sadly doubt it has much to do with Rose more the editors at the newspapers

And as always some are happy to put a spin on anything as long as it’s negative towards Spurs.

Why would he thank Spurs in person then give an interview like that saying “he can’t say anymore about Spurs or he’ll Be fined”. Do you think that’s what happened, if so based on what evidence? Do you think that’s a positive or negative tone/message about Spurs?

I find your last sentence hilarious bearing in mind only last week you were calling out Pochettino at his book signing!
I dont know whats happened, but neither do you or anyone else. All I know is people are dissecting an interview way too much considering the guy is suffering from depression. He hasnt said anything particularly negative and Im almost certain that had anyone else associated with Spurs said what he did there wouldnt of been an issue and much more empathy would have been displayed. But because of his previous interview many are using this as a stick to beat him with.

As for Poch, I dont recall calling him out? I thought some of his non committal comments could mean he could be interested in the Madrid job, but I dont really see how that amounts to calling him out....

But so many do!
We are fans of the club, Danny is player be interviewed by a newspaper looking for some dirt/an angle.
Rose actually is quite refreshing. But I sadly doubt it has much to do with Rose more the editors at the newspapers

Who does?

Plenty of people rail against the idea that others expect such, Im yet to actually see any of these people though.

Most, at least it seems to me, expect a little respect and gratitude, basic professionalism, and instead detect animosity from him.

Who does?

Plenty of people rail against the idea that others expect such, Im yet to actually see any of these people though.

Most, at least it seems to me, expect a little respect and gratitude, basic professionalism, and instead detect animosity from him.

I've seen too many who kiss the badge one minute and pull on a rivals shirt the next. They are all employees who are paid to do a job.
I still don't understand the angst being directed at yet another player. I don't find Roses attitude overly negative towards Spurs. Rose is no smoke blower or badge kisser, that works for me.
I like the way he plays on the pitch, that is the only thing that truly matters.
I take every newspaper article with a large pinch of salt and those about football two pinches.
I think it is a storm in a commemorative Spurs tea mug.

I've seen too many who kiss the badge one minute and pull on a rivals shirt the next. They are all employees who are paid to do a job.
I still don't understand the angst being directed at yet another player. I don't find Roses attitude overly negative towards Spurs. Rose is no smoke blower or badge kisser, that works for me.
I like the way he plays on the pitch, that is the only thing that truly matters.
I take every newspaper article with a large pinch of salt and those about football two pinches.
Not sure you answered Nayim’s question there?

Im not sure your response is even to my post.

I am saying, so many people rail against "others" in defence of players on the basis these people expect the player to be a badge/ass kissing sycophant.

I am saying, I see none of these. The argument is therefore rather silly. So who are "these people" you are so sure exist?

To my eye, there are people that expect a degree of professionalism, and recognition, and thats about it. Rather than the thinly veiled disdain he actually shows.

You asked, "who does".
I thought you were talking about players who kiss the badge then move on.

Remember dyslexia rules KO.

Back