• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I'm not sure if we can specify (legally) a release clause that's only open to foreign clubs. No way do we want him going to another prem team.

He's our 'Coutinho' asset......going on a free doesn't stack up at all.

I do think CE is (probably) a reasonable guy and if we show willing, he might as well.

Logically if no-one comes in that he perceives as a step up.......he'd likely stay put. And the step up list gets shorter every year.
All opinions but I don't agree with your conclusions.

He's our 'Coutinho' asset......going on a free doesn't stack up at all. - £80M + for CL run this year, if we think he is vital to get into the CL (later stages) it does stack up. Even now I am not sure we will get £70M+ for him this year (with one year left on) so I can see a world where he will go on a free.

Logically if no-one comes in that he perceives as a step up.......he'd likely stay put. And the step up list gets shorter every year

If he is on a free he gets his choice of club and on a higher wage, by waiting it out its win -win for him. Juve, Bayern and Madrid will all be in contact with his agent I would think, they love a bargain.

All opinions but I don't agree with your conclusions.

He's our 'Coutinho' asset......going on a free doesn't stack up at all. - £80M + for CL run this year, if we think he is vital to get into the CL (later stages) it does stack up. Even now I am not sure we will get £70M+ for him this year (with one year left on) so I can see a world where he will go on a free.

Logically if no-one comes in that he perceives as a step up.......he'd likely stay put. And the step up list gets shorter every year

If he is on a free he gets his choice of club and on a higher wage, by waiting it out its win -win for him. Juve, Bayern and Madrid will all be in contact with his agent I would think, they love a bargain.
Obviously if he becomes a free agent many clubs will be all over it.

BUT We are not interested in a win-win for him......ie the Ramsey/Arsenal syndrome?

Thats why my first post suggests an amicable arrangement that both sides have benefit from. Eriksen gets a 'big' move we get a big fee. Or if there is no interest he signs and stays (and why wouldn't he...its a nice place to be)

There is zero chance of him going on a free. There is no direct correlation of him earning us the £80m for a CL run but there certainly is if allowing him to do a Ramsey. If he then starts playing the Campbell card...we'll get offers (china etc) that we put to him and say its that or the u23's. Poch doesn't hold back on these issues.

I don't think it will come to that as i think CE is sensible and reasonable and probably wants his futures sorted as much as anyone.

Obviously if he becomes a free agent many clubs will be all over it.

BUT We are not interested in a win-win for him......ie the Ramsey/Arsenal syndrome?

Thats why my first post suggests an amicable arrangement that both sides have benefit from. Eriksen gets a 'big' move we get a big fee. Or if there is no interest he signs and stays (and why wouldn't he...its a nice place to be)

There is zero chance of him going on a free. There is no direct correlation of him earning us the £80m for a CL run but there certainly is if allowing him to do a Ramsey. If he then starts playing the Campbell card...we'll get offers (china etc) that we put to him and say its that or the u23's. Poch doesn't hold back on these issues.

I don't think it will come to that as i think CE is sensible and reasonable and probably wants his futures sorted as much as anyone.
I don't care about win win for him just saying this is the situation.

At this stage I think its more likely he will leave on a free than sign a new contract, Poch does hold back on these issues where the player is not being a clam - Toby is back in the squad as is Rose after seemingly being frozen out, he is pragmatic.

We hold no cards here, we now have to deal with the realities as best we can.

I don't care about win win for him just saying this is the situation.

At this stage I think its more likely he will leave on a free than sign a new contract, Poch does hold back on these issues where the player is not being a clam - Toby is back in the squad as is Rose after seemingly being frozen out, he is pragmatic.

We hold no cards here, we now have to deal with the realities as best we can.

We hold his contract and can offer him up to teams

He of course has a say where he goes but we do have some of the cards

True but as I say we hold some of the cards, just not all of course
the card we have is to threaten not to play him (and the relationship we have built up) - slim for me.

I would be over the moon if he signs, I cant see it now and I cant see us getting the money we want (from a non EPL club) either. I have resigned myself to him going on a free (not a Judas move as he has never promised to sign and he wont be joining the nomads).

Dear lord, some really do want to look at anything Rose says negatively:D He hasn’t said anything untoward, was obviously just answering what he was asked and he says it’s about money and ambition which everyone knows. If these quotes were from anyone other than Rose no one on here would give it a second thought. His honesty is refreshing, and more importantly he’s back to his best on the pitch....

Always seems to be him talking every week doesn’t it though? I don’t know what his ‘refreshing honesty’ actually does, in terms of good for our club. No one is being told anything they don’t already know, but for some reason he’s always offering a quote.

Always offering a quote, and talking about how we need to pay big wages, but I thought the most telling one from him was a couple of years back when we were in a title race, talking with Lamela and not believing we could win the league....I mean he talks the game on wanting the money but doesn’t at the same time believe we are capable.

I like the guy, he’s clearly back to something approaching his best form this season and I like the competitive spirit he brings. But he’s always sounding off, every single week near enough, and it’s grating. It doesn’t help us.

I have no problem with him speaking out. You could argue he speaks a bit too much but the media will always go after him for a quote given how outspoken he is. Seems some still have a problem with his comments from the beginning of last season, I still maintain he didn't do anything wrong. The timing wasn't great but footballers have short careers and they want to maximise their potential in terms of winning trophies and earning abilites in the short time period they have as players. Just because some on here are perfectly ok with the club not signing a player don't expect the players to be.

Always offering a quote, and talking about how we need to pay big wages, but I thought the most telling one from him was a couple of years back when we were in a title race, talking with Lamela and not believing we could win the league....I mean he talks the game on wanting the money but doesn’t at the same time believe we are capable.

I like the guy, he’s clearly back to something approaching his best form this season and I like the competitive spirit he brings. But he’s always sounding off, every single week near enough, and it’s grating. It doesn’t help us.
Not harming us though is it? If it was Poch would not be playing him. I can't see why fans get so wound up by it all. He is a complex character, talking seems to be his way of dealing with his demons but at least he genuinely seems to respect Poch and he is getting back to his best.

Not harming us though is it? If it was Poch would not be playing him. I can't see why fans get so wound up by it all. He is a complex character, talking seems to be his way of dealing with his demons but at least he genuinely seems to respect Poch and he is getting back to his best.
Making progress for sure but still prone to losing possession and his crossing remains at best erratic. So still some way to go to reach the level he was at before his long lay off through injury.

If it was detrimental to the club in any sort of way Poch would stop him from doing it, or he wouldn’t be in the squad. By your own admission he’s not saying anything that you don’t already know so from what I can see you’re getting your knickers in a twist over absolutely nothing.....

Making progress for sure but still prone to losing possession and his crossing remains at best erratic. So still some way to go to reach the level he was at before his long lay off through injury.
How many full backs do you know that are actually that good at crossing? And if you look at our play there is barely ever anyone in an area to cross it to, other than the striker as our AMs don’t tend to attack the six yard box.....

How many full backs do you know that are actually that good at crossing? And if you look at our play there is barely ever anyone in an area to cross it to, other than the striker as our AMs don’t tend to attack the six yard box.....

I really agree on the last bit, Trippier gets criticism for checking back instead of first time crosses, crosses to who? Usually early in a move we're lucky if even Harry is in the box.

I don't think Poch is angry about it, otherwise he'd be dropped like others have said.

Still, I just don't see why Rose needs to make these comments in the first place. Like BoL said, what does it add?

I'm not sure if he's getting back to his best. Certainly better than last season but still frustratingly inconsistent for me. The crossing thing is a good point though. There was one point very late in the game against West Ham when someone crossed the ball in and there was one player in the box and maybe 2-3 just outside. In that case, your crossing needs to be super accurate to reach a target, let alone make a good chance out of it.

Suppose he was never that good at crossing tbf but certainly better than since his return from injury.

As to not having much to aim at I would agree there, even so too often he puts the ball straight out of play!

Agree there are few really good crossers but my point is about his form since his return and suggesting he has still some way to go to get back to where he was. Likewise Trippier who at his best is an excellent crosser.

Back